• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Sharing artifacts

Hi everyone!
I was just chatting with my FS, and came up with the idea that the game could allow for sharing of artifacts for evolving buildings. I have spares from some buildings, while FS members are chasing artifacts. This could be a feature (and benefit) within a FS, driving benefit of belonging to a FS, or maybe allow for sharing more broadly. We can share KPs for AWs, so why not artifacts? I;d be interested to knw what the community thinks and whether Inno could take this on.
Cheers!
Julian

Sir Derf

Adept
Let me be the first to answer.

Many will point out that the sharing of KP is itself a mechanic that, while beneficial in mutual situations, is also open for abuse by 'pushing', using multiple cities primarily for the funneling of KP to a single city's AWs.

Every additional means to share or transfer a resource between cities will also have the same double-edged effect.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Good point @Sir Derf.

But wouldn't the negative impact of issues like 'push accounts' be limited somewhat if the exchange or donation of surplus artefacts was restricted to only those players in your local FS? I'm just wondering how it might be accomplished in a fair manner. If that's even possible :)

Sir Derf

Adept
If one were to push artifacts and all of the cities weren't already grouped into their own Fellowship, you would only have to change Fellowships occasionally to push the artifacts and then return.

Ruprecht

Adventurer
This would work well and fairly, even for the whole world, using a bank with a one in one out credit system. You can put one unwanted artifact in the bank then are required to take one back out before putting one in again, eliminating the push factor.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
It's a pity the game devs can't find a way to detect and remove push accounts.
They do, its called the Support Team and we remove them very frequently.

Gargon667

Mentor
since the whole point of the artifacts was to make them rare and difficult to get I doubt this is very likely to happen, it would basically mean free artifacts for everybody in a FS...

Perhaps @Ruprecht. I wouldn't want to take back artefacts though. I have too many, which is why I'd like to be able to give them to my FS.
It's a pity the game devs can't find a way to detect and remove push accounts.
I think this is the key, that Inno have to take some responsibility to manage unfair play, either through coding/set-up or penalising players. I thought this should be possible. Maybe it's not in their interest though.

since the whole point of the artifacts was to make them rare and difficult to get I doubt this is very likely to happen, it would basically mean free artifacts for everybody in a FS...
Is this a bad thing? As I suggested at the start of this thread, isn't it about keeping the game collaborative and driving fellowship (broadly speaking)? How likely that there are so many "artifacts for everybody"? Could it be limited?

Gargon667

Mentor
Is this a bad thing? As I suggested at the start of this thread, isn't it about keeping the game collaborative and driving fellowship (broadly speaking)? How likely that there are so many "artifacts for everybody"? Could it be limited?

Bad? no of course not! I am merely commenting on the likelihood of your idea becoming reality.

For Inno it is about making money. Handing out things for free that people are willing to pay for is bad business. It can be a good teaser in small quantities as you can see with all the free diamonds of course, so in small quantities I can see it happen, just not as a general free for all.

How many artifacts there are available for donation? I can´t speak for others of course. I have currently a total of 97 artifacts (growing more or less weekly now with the spire artifacts), all of which I would be happy to donate to my Fellows. Since there are 25 of us and assuming that my fellows only have half as many as I do (just to make sure I don´t overestimate) there are definitely more than 1000 artifacts in our FS alone...

Could it be limited? I suppose, something like donating 10 to get 1? Would still make for 100 free artifacts in our FS... which means 11 fully evolved buildings where there was none before, assuming people already have some artifacts themselves, it would mean a lot more than that. So I think 10 for 1 would still be extremely cheap... Of course I just made that 10:1 exchange up yesterday in the other thread, but sounds like a good starting point for thinking about what would make sense.