• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Setting production on multiple manufactories

DeletedUser2838

It would help if it was possible to set multiple manufactories to one specific incubation time with a couple of keystrokes, in the same way we can already do to workshops. It may not be too important during normal play, but particularly in FA many of us have blocks of (T1-triple) manufactories all producing the same badges, often spread around our cities in little crooks and cranies. It surely cannot be difficult arrange as it would just be a copy of the workshop set-up.

cwgiii

Shaman
I agree that this would be awesome functionality to have.

I believe that a response , in the past, has been that this would be problematic because manus do require resources to build their goods but workshops do not. So, Manus could be caught in the situation where there is not enough gold / supplies to start all the manus at once. Workshops cannot ever be in this situation. However, I don't see the issue here because there could simply be a check built into the code that would provide an standard error message to the user stating this, if the situation occurs.

Pauly7

Magus
It's easier if you play on mobile and you can cycle through your manufactories with the little blue arrows at the side so you don't have to go looking for them.

Aznar

Novice
I just wanted to suggest the same. To be honest for a long while. Devs claim they aim at reducing clicking. This is simple and would definitely reduce chores.
@Pauly7 yes, you're right. When I moved to PC I discovered it sucked even more than on mobile. Still on mobile it was already irritating.

THIS, please!
tick.JPG

DeletedUser3571

Just want to say that for it being faster on mobile that only depends on how you place buildings.
I have all mine next to each other and using the shortcuts (1 for 3 hrs and 2 for 9hrs)its much quicker on browser to start my manufactures then to go scrolling on mobile.

Aznar

Novice
It's an option to switch on. You don't HAVE TO do that. Same as with workshops. With the guest race factories, like you need 20 of them, it's a nightmare to relaunch production.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I can go pretty fast with loading 20 manus on mobile/app. My screen is just big enough so one thumb does the selection and the other the arrow. Far quicker than I can do the same with a well placed setup on computer and using the shortcut codes. Haha, what does take long during FAs is the careful tapping to tap just one at a time. Would be rather nice if all those unplanned taps also counted, but I guess that is a dream on situation.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
This has been suggested before. There is one reason it can't happen, as abovementioned:

- Workshops will produce the same, does not matter what level they have.
- Starting level 24, manufacturies will start to produce sentient goods.

A Core-Cracking Gem Manufactury, code-wise, it's not the same as a Gem Manufactury. Although they share some productions, the later will not produce Cosmic Bismuth. Long story short: It will render the game unstable if you try to queue them both, even more, if you try to queue one-two days.

Timneh

Artisan
It has been said twice that i know of that setting all manufactories with one click will not happen because unlike workshops, manufactories productions are not free, they require coins and supplies and then other things when they get to a certain level. If the player does not have enough coins/supplies etc to cover the cost how could they start all manufactories at the same time ? That is the reason that has been given twice and @anonglitch has given another reason above.
I would love to see the feature introduced but i really do not see it ever happening.