• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered session expired

DeletedUser4149

why did my session expire when i was 90% done typing a long message to my fellows, clearing everything i just wrote?
is there a way to prevent this or a time limit to make an action that i should be aware of or does this just happen randomly in an attempt to drive me mad?

Pauly7

Magus
I think they just did a game update. It went down for about 5 minutes.

If I am typing long messages now that take a while I always type them into MS Word and then paste it into Elvenar before I send it, for that very reason.

DeletedUser4149

thanks. i hope that means it won't happen often.
too bad i'm borderline computer illiterate and don't know how to do that off hand.
i did use MS word back in high school but that was close to the napoleonic era.

DeletedUser9170

If you don't have that on your pc / laptop, you can use Notepad. This comes pre-installed with every version of windows. So you can still use Pauly7's suggestion

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5381

why did my session expire when i was 90% done typing a long message to my fellows, clearing everything i just wrote?
is there a way to prevent this or a time limit to make an action that i should be aware of or does this just happen randomly in an attempt to drive me mad?

Been there, done that, took the bumper sticker home for momento. Pauly's suggestion also useful to save on your PC 'Training Tips' later when you have a new recruit past advice might become useful again.