• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Sentient goods

geordianna

Soothsayer
Why are there so many bad trade offers for these goods . And in felyndral there seems to be a surplus of platinum and ink everyone is offering it and my grades don't get taken for days even 3* ones

Deleted User - 1759805

Trader is a convenient place to store your sentient goods overnight. These goods decay regardless, but someone may bite on your lucrative trade and then poster benefits. If not, you just cancel the trade and get goods back when you need them. Basically, there is no downside for posters to place those trades.

geordianna

Soothsayer
surely if you store sentient goods in the trader they decay to nothing - if you keep them yourself they decay to basic goods. I post 3 star trades and they don't go for several days just get smaller

Deleted User - 1759805

surely if you store sentient goods in the trader they decay to nothing - if you keep them yourself they decay to basic goods. I post 3 star trades and they don't go for several days just get smaller
Actually, I never checked if non-sentient goods from decay in trader get credited back or not. Regardless, at this stage of the game lost amounts of non-sentient goods from decay are usually not material.

How big are your trades, and which tier? I usually have no problems with fills at 1:1 for T4, it may take a few hours. But I post trades as I produce my boost, so usually my trades are for 1-2K each. If I tried to move 50K in one go that might be a problem.

DeletedUser4060

Hi. I am having the same problem as Giordianna in Felyndral. I am one of the platinum / ink producers.
I find it very difficult to get trades even a reasonable 3 star trade. I usually offer about 5500 for 5000. If I am desperate I post 6000+ for 5000 and have even resorted to the wholesaler.
There are 31 pages of trades offering platinum, 4 pages of trades offering moonstone(but none wanting platinum) and none offering tree gum.
With the trades offering platinum, there are only 2 above 5000 and there are very small 2 star trades that are close to expiring.
There definitely seems a production imbalance, but I am not sure of a solution

Pauly7

Magus
In Arendyl there are a decent list of sentient trades, but I do find that anything up to half of them are really poor trades, some offering as little as half of the one they are asking for. I just ignore them.

DeletedUser4060

Yes, I have an Arendyl city at Constructs level too. I know what you mean about the poor trades, but you can ignore them and still progress.
The issue with Felyndral is that it is nearly impossible to get the goods I need for the tech tree.

DeletedUser4149

Felon-whatever is the 3rd world, literally and figuratively. it was created well after the other 2 worlds and it's no surprise that there are fewer players in the higher chapters in that world. you'll have less competition for high tournament rankings and fewer players to trade higher level goods with for playing there.
it's also draining away new players that would have otherwise gone to the other worlds, which is why i think that world never should have been created in the 1st place. who needs a 3rd world for a 3rd city anyways? 1 human and 1 elven city should be more than enough.

Paladestar

Enchanter
My other city is on Fel and it's really hard to get the required sentient goods most of the time. Alloy Shrooms, Obsidian and Gum in particular.

Do you think this could be down to Inno never having solved the lack of event balance for level 1 manufactories? EN3 was created much later than the other two, so more people would understand that having a marble boost makes events easier as they only take 2 squares at level 1 for both races. Whereas steel takes 4 squares for both races at level 1. Coincidence?...

Marble boost becomes Platinum boost (too much Platinum available). Steel boost becomes Gum boost (not enough Gum).

Hmmmm?

Only certain combinations of T1/T2/T3 are possible per city location and so T2/S2/T3/S3 goods would also be affected, if when people created a Fel city they kept re-creating it until they got a marble boost.

Deleted User - 1759805

Do you think this could be down to Inno never having solved the lack of event balance for level 1 manufactories? EN3 was created much later than the other two, so more people would understand that having a marble boost makes events easier as they only take 2 squares at level 1 for both races. Whereas steel takes 4 squares for both races at level 1. Coincidence?...
It is a coincidence. US7 (Ceravyn) similarly was created much later than the other worlds. Guess what is in (relatively) short supply there? Yep, platinum. Gum and Moonstone are relatively abundant.

DeletedUser4149

sorry if i sounded like an ___ above for ripping on Felon-whatever, but do you folks see the trend here on this thread?
people suffer from less trading partners for higher tier goods by being in younger worlds.
older worlds suffer from getting fewer new players to their world.
a lot of this problem is because there are too many worlds.

DeletedUser7107

Sorry to lift this up, but i find it very frustrating to trade with sentients. Unfortunately there isn't very much players who has sentients in my fw, so ihave to trade with others, and offers are ridiculous. It would be an understatement to say that the trades are unfair. I always put 1:1 two stars trades, my boosted is gum, but for days i dont get my trades done. I can not pay those unfair offers nor do i think i should. For example there is trade asking for 74959 gum and giving only 26359 platinum. How apsurde is that? And as a cherry on top its like we all have gum as boosted goods, because there are almost all trades offering gums, so even there are some fairs i cant take it, because i offer the same thing.
Is this known problem? What are the suggested solutions?

cwgiii

Shaman
The best solution that I have seen is to place your own trades up constantly. You can price them as you see fit (either even trades or slightly to the 3 star level). Patience is a repeating lesson learned in game. The trade will probably be taken within 24 hours (especially if they are of the 3 star variety).

If not, a more difficult (and potentially drastic) proposal. Is to make sure your fellowship is balanced for all goods, but specifically sentient goods.

Just a few thoughts.

Errandil

Conjurer
Is this known problem? What are the suggested solutions?
Yep, it is a known problem and apparently devs don't think it is a problem. Just a result of randomness in boosts and different progression speed of players. The only solution is trading at 1.1-1.25:1. Of course it's not perfect, but if there are pages offering tree gum then offers with some discount would be taken first. Also getting several moonstone gates from the spire would help with the moonstone at least so you don't need to trade for it.

DeletedUser8409

I rarely see trades for what I want but I regularly get my own trades taken. Put your own trades up and post in the Fellowship chat that you're looking for a trade. Someone will take it. The shortage of trades up also means yours will be one of just a few being looked at when the next person wants to take a trade.

DeletedUser7107

Ok, thanks guys on all suggestions. I changed my trades to 3 stars, so we will see how long it will take. And our arch is working hard on bringing some sentient players to fw.

DeletedUser8532

ive been finding the same on arendyll, my trades dont move unless i offer 3* trades.(unless its from fs) i think everyone is desperate for sentient goods in the new race as its so slow and the amounts you need are huge! im in a top fs where all trades get taken quickly,but think were all struggling with this.

m4rt1n

Adept
ive been finding the same on arendyll, my trades dont move unless i offer 3* trades.(unless its from fs) i think everyone is desperate for sentient goods in the new race as its so slow and the amounts you need are huge! im in a top fs where all trades get taken quickly,but think were all struggling with this.

Yes a lot of us are in the same boat, the amount of sentient goods required for tech unlocks in ch15 requires either rebuilding several factories of each tier to sentient boost, or like myself having 1 of each boost, using MM spells constantly on them and time boosters on productions and also lots of cross tier trades unfortunately.

DeletedUser8409

You don't really need several of each level, just several T6. Not that much T4 or T5 is needed after the initial set of researches.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
[...] Marble boost becomes Platinum boost (too much Platinum available). Steel boost becomes Gum boost (not enough Gum). [...] Only certain combinations of T1/T2/T3 are possible per city location and so T2/S2/T3/S3 goods would also be affected, if when people created a Fel city they kept re-creating it until they got a marble boost.

It is a coincidence. US7 (Ceravyn) similarly was created much later than the other worlds. Guess what is in (relatively) short supply there? Yep, platinum. Gum and Moonstone are relatively abundant.

tl;dr : I played for around 18 months on Felyndral and found a chronic shortage of both Steel and Scrolls in four different FSs. Surely that can't be coincidence?

The long waffle :

I'm not so sure that the imbalance of certain Goods on Felyndral is a coincidence, regardless of the situation in other worlds; after all, there may well be multiple reasons for Goods shortages/surpluses, with the creation dates of the worlds being only one of them. I would say that short-term imbalances are virtually guaranteed in any world, both because of the way in which the entire trade system works and because of the cycling of Tournament Goods, but long-term shortages (lasting, say, more than a month) really shouldn't occur at all, always assuming that new players are allocated Boosts in a balanced manner by the game's algorithms - which might, of course, be a faulty assumption (?!).

However, based on my own experience of around 18 months spent as a very frequent and competitive daily player on Felyndral, checking Trade at least 4-5 times a day (if not more often) and posting my own Trades whenever I had anything to post*, I found that there was always a noticeable shortage of Steel and Scrolls - and I do mean always, with the situation just worsening during and after any Tournament which called for Steel or Scrolls. I also found that Gems (my own third Boost) were always - and, again, it was always! - available in surplus, and it was constantly difficut to trade them away (I didn't and don't engage in cross-tier trades, which I saw increasing from being a rarity 18 months ago to being commonplace nowadays - but that's another whinge entirely!).

During those 18 months I changed Fellowships three times - and in all four of them the same trade imbalance existed, even though I chose Steel- and Scrolls-heavy FSs for my final two attempts... the Steel and Scrolls members just couldn't keep up with demand, because the FSs found so few World Map trades of Steel/Scrolls to bring into the FS (and still nobody wanted my Gems).

With a whole 18 months upon which to base my view (which must fall far outside any chance of a [very] long string of identical temporary shortages occurring one after another?) I'm inclined to agree that something must be fundamentally amiss for Felyndral - or at least my section of it - to suffer such a chronic lack not only of Steel, but also Scrolls - two Goods which [if they occur at all] seem very often to occur together as Boosts, although the third Boost seems to vary. I've never taken the time to analyse the map Goods distribution pattern, but I assume that the pattern allows for an even and equal distribution of Boosts (again, perhaps a false assumption, but one would think not?). Therefore, I can only guess that, as @Paladestar suggests, a large number of players have started Steel/Scrolls-boosted cities in Felyndral and then abandoned them early on, leading to chronically low production levels in Steel and Scrolls.

I would like to think that the game's algorithms are capable of analysing the world's actual, not just theoretical, trade needs when assigning Boosts to new players - by which I mean assessing the world's actual current production of each Good, not just checking how many cities have X, Y, and Z Boosts and assuming that every player is actively producing those Goods at equal capacity - but I'm afraid that is stretching my credibility, especially when it comes to Inno's record on removing abandoned cities... and anyway, such an optimistic assumption is not borne out by my own reasonably long-term practical experience.

Perhaps related: even though I've only had my Arendyll city for a month or two, I've already seen at least two instances of a Gold Mine appearing near me and then being removed and replaced with a city, whereas on Felyndral I saw the same number of Gold Mine removals during my entire 18 months there.

(*NB: If anyone wonders: I am housebound and spend all day in front of my PC - I'm not wasting an employer's time and money! Also, I have now given up my competitive Felyndral city - I'm largely a spectator nowadays, with only a tiny laid-back village on Arendyll to maintain - so much more relaxing!)