• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Sentient Goods v Standard Goods

Denerleigh

Adventurer
My tier 1 boosted goods are Planks and I have 6 Factories. Now they've been updated to produce both Planks and Elven Tree Gum. However, my boosted sentient goods are Moonstone which comes from update Marble Factories.
My question is: - Would it be better now to reduce my 6 Plank factories to perhaps 3 and keep them producing Planks, and replace the other 3 with updated Marble factories in order to produce more Moonstone? Or, should I have additional Marble factories if possible? Would it be better to trade for the Tree Gum rather than produce it?

SkyRider99

Mentor
My boosted is also planks. I chose to add a marble factory and upgrade it to the max. One marble factory is enough for me, and it produces enough moonstone, with the occasional MM enchantment and Storm Phoenix feeding at the right time. i.e. feed and apply MMs before collecting the overnight 9hr productions.

I also have silk and gems as sentient goods. I built two each (extra) for those. I find that producing enough Divine Seeds is just achievable with those numbers.

Always build only boosted (standard, sentient, ascended) manufactories, and trade for the other goods you need ;)

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Seeing as we can teleport buildings now, you can play around with how many of what you have in your town and how many you need to be able to do what you need to do. If you look at the production numbers, you will see what is not worth producing. Takes a bit of time to get used to not to tap on the bottom row for your boosted standard manufactories and I am sure most of us have tapped them by mistake a time or two.

Turing

Bard
Yes trade for tree gum. If you produce it (non-boosted) you are only getting 1/8th of the production you would producing boosted goods. It's never worth producing anything that's not boosted.

As to how many sentient manufacturies you need - that depends a lot on the chapter. Before chapter 15 it's surprisingly few. 1 of each tier is likely enough. At chapter 15 you suddenly need many times more sentient goods than before. If you have too many it's very hard to produce the seeds to feed them all anyway

As BlueBlou says teleport is also your friend with getting the balance right. And it's worth building up ones you don't need yet and then putting them in storage. Especially the higher tier ones - it takes a month or so to upgrade a T3 building to produce sentient goods. If you find you are short and need a T3 that's a long wait - better to build it in advance and store it until needed

Gargon667

Mentor
1 or 2 Sentient factories (marble in your case) will be enough depending on how you play. Start with adding 1 and see how it goes (it should be OK if you are not in a hurry), if you want to play faster add 2.

How many plank factories you should keep has nothing to do with the sentient factories. Instead look at if you are gaining T1 on a constant basis, then you can get rid of one, if you are steady on the T1 I would not.