• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Sentient goods hoarders

Hekata

Artisan
There are some players that constantly take all the sentient goods (those that are bit harder to get) and trade them back at (very) unfair rates. Just out of curiosity, what exactly is the point of that? It's always the same players so by now they should have huge stocks of all those goods, enough to finish even the infamous chapter 15 three times over. Is it just to annoy other players who then have to wait a much loner time to get what they want or is there some other purpose I'm missing?

m4rt1n

Adept
You need huge amounts in ch17 and again in ch18 so that could be it, or just to try and get more by profiteering.

Pauly7

Magus
First of all, supply and demand - They must have enough customers one way or another for it to be possible. If they are successfully constantly trading up goods then it's possible they're managing to run their cities without any sentient manufactories.

Gargon667

Mentor
There are some players that constantly take all the sentient goods (those that are bit harder to get) and trade them back at (very) unfair rates. Just out of curiosity, what exactly is the point of that? It's always the same players so by now they should have huge stocks of all those goods, enough to finish even the infamous chapter 15 three times over. Is it just to annoy other players who then have to wait a much loner time to get what they want or is there some other purpose I'm missing?

They decay, you always need more.

SkyRider99

Mentor
If everyone stopped taking blatantly unfair trades, then the problem would gradually evaporate.
I could never understand why players take unfair trades when it's a simple matter to place a fair trade and wait for takers.
And please don't tell me it's because they need a quick 'fix' to get urgently needed goods. Never heard of planning?

Paladestar

Enchanter
I never take unfair trades. I don't have a problem with sentient goods, with maximum decay reduction (30+ Simia AW) I just need to periodically balance my sentient goods stacks and I never let any one type drop low when I know I need it, or am on the verge of needing it. My 1:1 offers always get taken, usually within a day or two (and it's not always by my fellows, more often than not it's people outside of my fellowship taking most of my sentient trades).

Low decay coupled with trading sentient goods before you actually need them is the secret - keep your three kinds of sentient goods balanced and you'll be prepared for any eventuality.

Offer trades with a small, but meaningful ratio in the favour of the buyer if you really need to move goods fast. e.g. like 1-2% extra. I always check the available offers before I list my goods and I always take the best offers first. I personally ignore people that offer 100,001 and demand 100,000, they're just idiots trying to game the listings and I like to punish them. :p

Alcaro

Necromancer
I also never take unfair trades (from same players most of the time) but I also don't take their 3* trades. The % between their 3* and a regular 2* is so small that I better deal with normal players than making the game of those who after that are placing again 1* or 0* trades.

Stucon

Illusionist
I find 2* trades up to 20,000 (both same tier and cross tier) go within an hour or two.
I have never knowingly taken a 0 or 1* sentient trade.

sgjennings

Adventurer
If everyone stopped taking blatantly unfair trades, then the problem would gradually evaporate.
I could never understand why players take unfair trades when it's a simple matter to place a fair trade and wait for takers.
And please don't tell me it's because they need a quick 'fix' to get urgently needed goods. Never heard of planning?

I will say, I do find blatantly unfair trades a little distasteful... and yes, I never take them!

Melianora

Alchemist
I personally encourage every one to make a list and not of people who trade like that and simply not accept their trades and post your own trades. It might take a bit longer until your trade gets taken then, but that's it. You can also ask your fellowship members if you are stuck somewhere.
Just don't give those unfair traders any attention and be happy :)