• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Secrets of Alchemy

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Hopefully (big hopefully) Inno knows who didn't get the email
The Event Currency freebie is granted through a referral code in the email which activates on Inno's Servers... I would HOPE they know exactly who has claimed it, and thus caused a script to run on their own hardware which directly, automatically, and in real-time alters the functionality of its users' software, or we're all just waiting for some infuriating Bitcoin miner or other malware to decide that Inno is a worthwhile target...! Heh.

In fact, Inno can of course add or remove Event Currency from all of us at will, so waiting for the next Event isn't even necessary. It might take someone, somewhere a bit of time to find out who has/hasn't activated the code and manually run the script to add Currency to the Accounts of those players who have lost out this time, but I bet software can do most of that anyway - and even if not, well : do Inno's functionaries have something better to do than rectifying their OWN mistake, which has annoyed/disadvantaged many of their players, and created inequality in their Event....?

According to Inno a couple of years ago, ~40 people, which was then around 10% of their employed staff, work on Elvenar. Are they ALL too busy?

and sends them extra currency for the next event.
... and I would HOPE this will happen, too, plus a bit extra to make up for the aggro (as with other gaming companies for whom player loyalty and customer satisfaction - not to mention fairness, and pride in the game - are still A Thing, as my kids put it). But I won't be holding my breath! ;)

Go on, @InnoGames : confound all us haters with a surprise generosity attack! I dare you... :D

schadenfreude

Enchanter
Add me to the list of players that used to get the newsletter just fine, but didn't receive anything this event.

Also, thanks for not counting Sentient goods towards quests again. I guess we praised the devs too much on that change last time and they didn't know what to do with all that warm and fuzzy feeling, so they've reverted it back to Standard Goods only for quests so we have something else to complain about. Yay.

Killiak

Artisan
PS : @Killiak : Good Grief. We mere Humans (Elves?) can only aspire to such Deity-like hoarding expertise - although that won't stop me doing my admittedly slow best to catch up, one of these days, no matter how unlikely that might be!

Years and years of diligent clicking :p
You should see my KP and Time instants.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Haha, where? I think money's always a winner to give that warm and fuzzy feeling. :D
Yes, but in this case apparently the warm fuzzy feeling doesn't last as long anymore, it's as if they're addicted. They want more... More... MOAR!

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Yes, but in this case apparently the warm fuzzy feeling doesn't last as long anymore, it's as if they're addicted. They want more... More... MOAR!

Yep, that's definitely how it works. They make more money, we get a better game, everyone wins.

Jake65

Sage
Has anybody got their Steampunk Golem up to level 10 yet?
I've just got mine up to 10 with 9 days still to go.
I don't feel like I've won more currency than usual from the beacons this event so I'm wondering if it's a bit easier/cheaper to move forward this time?

Edit to add, my previous 'best' was getting the building maxed with 3 days to go so really a big difference.

m4rt1n

Adept
Has anybody got their Steampunk Golem up to level 10 yet?
I've just got mine up to 10 with 9 days still to go.
I don't feel like I've won more currency than usual from the beacons this event so I'm wondering if it's a bit easier/cheaper to move forward this time?

Edit to add, my previous 'best' was getting the building maxed with 3 days to go so really a big difference.

I would say you have had above average luck this time around, I got the email, bought the stash outpost and have won a few extra event thingies and still need 20 more moves on the map to get the artefact required for level 10.

owl76

Bard
I've got 43 to go - so on track to complete with a day to spare, unless I win a bunch more even currency from the beacons. I've not got a stash outpost and I did not get the email.

Paladestar

Enchanter
On the newsletter issue, I'm another one that didn't ever have this problem before, but did this time around.

I have two accounts and for every event since I started playing I've always got the event emails for both accounts. However, this event I only got the email for one account. It's definitely an issue on Inno's side as both of my Elvenar accounts are linked to the same email account and one email came, which suggests the other was simply never generated (my email account has multiple addresses/aliases that all point to the same account, so I could use two different email addresses to sign up for separate game accounts and still have the emails all come to the one email account).

OldHag

Necromancer
9 artefacts and the new avatar, so I'm pleased with the event overall, thanks.

My only gripe would be that the artists didn't add a wart onto either the chin or nose of the avatar, to make it a bit more OldHaggy witchy like. ;)

p.s I got the e-mail.

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
How events should be, without this time the following FA often required for the final 2 artefacts, nice to have a fully upgraded Golem and in ch20 the Unurium really helps balance things out. :)