• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Secrets of Alchemy

Sir Derf

Adept
Mark me down as another long-time receiver of newsletters with Event Currency who has not received one this time.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Mark me down as another long-time receiver of newsletters with Event Currency who has not received one this time.
Wow... They really screwed something up big time with this event!

MinervaOz

Enchanter
Apparently the problem is not with this event. The 'problem' is that we ever received the newsletters in the past given that our email addresses weren't properly validated :rolleyes:

Alcaro

Necromancer
Apparently the problem is not with this event. The 'problem' is that we ever received the newsletters in the past given that our email addresses weren't properly validated :rolleyes:
Mine was validated years ago, and I had the same problem last year in March, and back then they solved it.
W_account.jpg

owl76

Bard
Add me to the list of people who have not received it, but have received the emails for the last few events.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Might as well add myself here, since I've (fortuitously, it seems?) received all Event Currency emails during my 4+ in-game years... except this time. I haven't changed my email address or un-validated myself (is that even a thing?) - or done anything else Elvenar-related which I don't normally do.

Mind you, there were more bugs/errors in the ongoing Sorcerers' Event on Beta than I've ever seen before. No exaggeration; they were many, various, and in some cases genuinely weird. At one point one bugged Quest was 'fixed'... by replacing the bug with an even better one! And...

The quests that ask only standard goods [...]

... was allegedly one of those bugs, apparently caused by most [if not all] of the Event Quests being copy-pasted, not only text-wise but also code-wise, from a much earlier Event. Rather annoyingly, and although repeatedly discussed on Beta, this problem seems to have been left to entertain Live players, too; the Ch.13 Live Me is really enjoying producing up to 3 x my normal daily Goods output, per Quest, in near-useless T1-3 only! After all, I have only 5+ million of ALL the T1-3 Goods, and nearly 12 million of my Boosted T3 (I buy Knowledge Points with it, and my Trader's full of T3 down-Trades all day long, so why not?) - but hey, at least it will fund my very rare Spire/Tourney Catering for about a decade or so...?

I haven't even had a T3 Manu in my City for well over a year now, either. Event Buildings and their unwanted side-effects, hmm - what can you do?

My gast would certainly be flabbered, I must say, if I weren't already suffering from P-Cauldron-&-Season-TSD !! o_O

BlueBlou

Illusionist
The quests that ask only standard goods was very big surprise. :(
Yes, I have noticed that we are back to very long ago quest lines with no adjustment for chapter related numbers in buy kp for example and only t1 products being asked for. I honestly thought that we will never see this again, so a thumbs down from my side for whomever did not do proper research and adjusted accordingly.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@Jake65 : If only T1-3 Goods WERE of some Doomsday use! Maybe Inno could make our Manus produce [real] loo rolls, or even baked beans? :D

PS : @Killiak : Good Grief. We mere Humans (Elves?) can only aspire to such Deity-like hoarding expertise - although that won't stop me doing my admittedly slow best to catch up, one of these days, no matter how unlikely that might be!

A thought occurs, too : if Inno is as much inclined to average out individual player metrics across large groups as it seems they may well be, to judge from how they said they worked out the 'typical' player's Cater vs Combat Tourney approach in 2020 (thereby inaccurately concluding that because 80% of ALL Tourney Encounters are Catered, it follows that 80% of players always and only Cater EVERY Encounter) - and also considering Inno's opinion of what constitutes the 'average' production capacity of Cities at different Chapter levels as regards Event Quests etc., then your mighty Goods stash, all by itself and not even including any similar stashes which may also be out there, might actually be capable of statistically increasing ALL of our 'average' virtual wealth levels, at least from Inno's point of view...?! ;)

ETA : I should add that the above idea has been wandering around my head, in a vague and not-very-useful form, ever since Inno's now often-referenced remark about Catering was first made, back in 2020 (in a FB Q&A, I think?), but here's the US Forum post which focused it into something more resembling an intelligible thought for me! Credit where it's due, of course, and to Player samidodamage, this time... :)

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
Add me to the list of people who have not received it, but have received the emails for the last few events.

I was the only person to get the email in my fellowship as far as I am aware, however I am on my 7th year of play, maybe they only used the old ones by error this time, that said it has been a week of gremlins :eek: in the game with 2 new features in very close succession, maybe the teams lacked communication at some point, as said earlier.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I was the only person to get the email in my fellowship as far as I am aware, however I am on my 7th year of play, maybe they only used the old ones by error this time, that said it has been a week of gremlins :eek: in the game with 2 new features in very close succession, maybe the teams lacked communication at some point, as said earlier.
Sadly, that theory doesn't hold if you know I have also been playing for almost 7 years (started 24 Feb 2016), yet I have also not received the newsletter this time.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Has anyone actually got an e-mail?

It's possible that they didn't send any e-mails at all as there were too many complains from players that were not getting them in the past.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Yes, something clearly went wrong with this event, although they don't see it as an official bug. Tried calling it that, didn't work ;) Obviously it's something they themselves can't fix either. So best to just let it go and hope next event will be less of a copy-paste from an old event and that less (old) bugs will therefore resurface ;)

Last edited:

Jake65

Sage
Yes, something clearly went wrong with this event, although they don't see it as an official bug. Tried calling it that, didn't work ;) Obviously it's something they themselves can't fix either. So best to just let it go and hope next event will be less of a copy-paste from an old event and that less (old) bugs will therefore resurface ;)
Hopefully (big hopefully) Inno knows who didn't get the email and sends them extra currency for the next event.
I realise that the odds are slim to none but maybe tossing the idea into the ether will yield something :)

For the record, I did get the email this event so I'm not trying to score extra currency for myself :cool: