• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Season of Dreams

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
I was really looking forward to the Seasons (still think it will be a nice feature for me), but the start is a bit botched. The seasons were activated after I had done my daily collections of all my evolving buildings. With those, I would have immediately completed all daily quests, and now I might miss out on the first day. I can't collect from the MA, because I'm already saving up for the next FA, and so getting a CC and an Enchantment is tricky, especially with the Spire already done. I can only hope for my neighbourly help chests, which I'll get in the evening.

Jake65

Sage
I was really looking forward to the Seasons (still think it will be a nice feature for me), but the start is a bit botched. The seasons were activated after I had done my daily collections of all my evolving buildings. With those, I would have immediately completed all daily quests, and now I might miss out on the first day. I can't collect from the MA, because I'm already saving up for the next FA, and so getting a CC and an Enchantment is tricky, especially with the Spire already done. I can only hope for my neighbourly help chests, which I'll get in the evening.
I was a bit worried about the start time for the same reason, missing collections.
Seems like our tasks were different though, hello RNG :)

Sir Derf

Adept
Question - the Rewards track for the Season of Dreams has navigation buttons that imply that the rewards are finite, ending after 10 pages, 50 rewards. But, the progress line that the reward numbers sit on imply that there are additional rewards, since the bar continues to the right of the 50th reward. Are there additional rewards beyond #50?

Sir Derf

Adept
Was curious about FOMO...

50 rewards, at 20 petals per reward, = 1000 petals needed to reach the 50th reward.
75 days = 10/11 weeks, 4 weekly quests per week = 40/44 weekly quests, 70 petals per weekly quests = 2800 weekly petals
75 days, 4 daily quests = 300 daily quests, 5 petals / daily quest = 1500 daily petals

1000 petals to reach the 50th reward, / 70 petals per weekly quests = 14.28 weekly quests
1-2 (of 4) weekly quests will earn through the 50th reward.

1000 petals to reach the 50th reward, / 5 petals per daily quests = 200 daily quests, / 75 days = 2.67 daily quests
2-3 (of 4) daily quests will earn through the 50th reward.

1 daily quest = 5 petals/day, 75 days = 375 petals
1 weekly quest = 70 petals/week, 10/11 weeks = 700/770 petals
1 daily quest/day + 1 weekly quest/week = 1075/1145 petals

1 daily quest/day + 1 weekly quest/week will earn through the 50th reward.

Edit: Wrong wrong wrong

Last edited:

Killiak

Artisan

Clearly working as intended, because missing out is what most people truly dislike.

Sir Derf

Adept
Non-Season Pass list of Rewards (for me):

1) 5-hour Time Booster
2) 10 MC HR squads or Gems
4) 20% Coin Rain
5) 20% Supply Windfall or 15 TG HM squads or Soap
6) 15 TG LM squads
8) 10 B HR squads or Velvet
10) 5-hour Time Booster or 5 MC LR squads or Orcs
11) 2-hour Time Booster
13) 7 AWKP or 50% Vitality Surge or Shrooms
15) Elven Float
16) 10 MC M squads or Dust
18) 33% Supply Windfall or 10 TG HM squads or Unurium
19) 5% Coin Rain
21) 15 MC HM squads or Sprouts
23) 45-minute Time Booster or 15 MC M squads or Fairy Inn
25) Steel
27) 10 MC LR squads or Unurium
29) Scrolls or 15 MC LR squads or Delicious Gingerbread Man
30) Spirit Wolf Pack
32) 25 MC LM squads or Soap
34) Leviathan Ferry or Treants or Aureate Willow
35) Dragonfly Pond
36) 25 B HR sqauds
38) 25% Coin Rain
39) 15 TG LR squads or Lfeblood Cone
40) Valorian Valor
42) 25 B LR squads or Obsidian
43) Moonstone
45) Spring Pavilions
46) 15 MC HR squads or Elixir
48) Headless Halloween or 33% Coin Rain or Granite Golems
50) Somnial Pool

Obviously, some of this is Chapter dependent.

Questions:

1) Is any of this RNGed? The progression of Time Boosters (5-hour at #1, 2-hour at #11, 45-minute at #23) and troops especially seem weird.

2) Also, the troops... Most of the troop rewards are available as Instants, but several of them are given directly?

3) Referring to this arrangement as a "Season", and offering Winter, Spring Summer and Fall buildings seems a little off-theme to me.

4) And the top-off to all this is a single Somnial Pool?

Hey, I loves me some free stuff, but could there have been a little more effort into the curation of these rewards?

kimkimkim

Summoner
Not that I would buy it...but why does the wiki show the season pass costing 2500 diamonds and yet in game it shows costing 3000 diamonds?

Sir Derf

Adept
Question - What is a Refresh? I understand that I get 2 a week, and it appears it can apply to an unfinished weekly quest, but what does it do? Why would I use it?

Jake65

Sage
Question - What is a Refresh? I understand that I get 2 a week, and it appears it can apply to an unfinished weekly quest, but what does it do? Why would I use it?
It changes your weekly quests so you can try get some that are more suited to your playing style, city.
It also refreshes partly completed quests so use with caution (says he after wondering what that icon does and losing a half completed quests in finding out)
Got to learn not to fiddle so much :D

Jake65

Sage
Similar to Sir Derf's question about RNG, does this apply to the daily reward chest?
I can't figure if I accidentally tapped a supply instant or if RNG just gave it to me?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Not that I would buy it...but why does the wiki show the season pass costing 2500 diamonds and yet in game it shows costing 3000 diamonds?

Yeah I think this is an out of date screenshot! It's been passed across to get it amended in line with the correct amounts! :)

Jake65

Sage
General question that would also apply to events:
Can early chapter players win, for example, mercenary camp troops even if they haven't researched it yet?

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
General question that would also apply to events:
Can early chapter players win, for example, mercenary camp troops even if they haven't researched it yet?
In my early city I always had a couple of Grounds of the Orc Strategist placed, because it was the only way to get Orc Strategists that early.