• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Season of Dreams

Jake65

Sage
Some feedback for the Mods.
As a replacement for the revolving quests, I really like it.
I had my revolving 'parked' on admirable altars just to keep them quiet :)

I agree with @Alcaro that it won't be beneficial for early chapter cities though. Unless their rewards have more coin and supply instants to compensate for the loss of the revolving rewards.

I think having daily and weekly tasks is a good idea, something to do every day unlike the cauldron.

Thumbs up from me, thanks!

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
On a more positive note - I really like the prizes. There are some buildings in the standard prize lane that were only available via Royal Pass in previous events (e.g. Spirit Wolf Pack). The resources and unit-instants are also not bad.

owl76

Bard
I agree with @Alcaro that it won't be beneficial for early chapter cities though. Unless their rewards have more coin and supply instants to compensate for the loss of the revolving rewards.
I partially disagree here. Two good points for early chapter cities:
  1. Access to troops you cannot train
  2. More current chapter buildings to replace previous chapter ones - helpful as early chapter cities progress through chapters more quickly
I'm not sure if those points make up for the loss in coins/supplies for early chapter cities.

Jake65

Sage
I partially disagree here. Two good points for early chapter cities:
  1. Access to troops you cannot train
  2. More current chapter buildings to replace previous chapter ones - helpful as early chapter cities progress through chapters more quickly
I'm not sure if those points make up for the loss in coins/supplies for early chapter cities.
True, those are definitely benefits.

Sir Derf

Adept
Was curious about FOMO...

4180 petals needed to reach the 50th reward.
75 days = 10/11 weeks, 4 weekly quests per week = 40/44 weekly quests, 70 petals per weekly quests = 2800/3080 weekly petals
75 days, 4 daily quests = 300 daily quests, 5 petals / daily quest = 1500 daily petals
2800(or 3080) + 1500 = 4300 (or 4580) daily and weekly petals.

You can afford to miss 120/380 petals and reach the 50th reward.

At 70 petals/weekly quest, you can afford to miss either 1 or 5 weekly quests over the whole season.
At 5 petals/daily quest, you can afford to miss either 24 or 76 daily quests over the whole season.

Basically, you need to complete almost all daily and weekly quests over the entire season to reach the 50th reward.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@owl76 : According to ElvenStats, your [Forum] ID has one large Live City and one small Beta City which is part of an active Rank 88 Fellowship.

Assuming that you're commenting from the viewpoint of one/both of those Cities, and if you have the time/inclination? - I'd be interested to know whether your Beta City is using the new or old Tech Tree, and if the new one, whether your FS is supporting you in terms of Goods Trades (and other FS-related benefits, e.g. Tourney/Spire rewards)? I am online for many hours, on most days, and most of the early-game Cities I see near me on Arendyll EN1, several of which play solo or belong to all-new low-level FSs, seem to be growing very slowly, if at all, and even those which are genuinely new players (not 'Spire farms' run by established players) appear to Trade only rarely, in very tiny and infrequently increased amounts, and they also post Trades at 1* or even 0* rates, far more often than before the new Tech Tree was introduced; all of which suggests that these new Cities, perhaps contrary to your own experience, are neither progressing quickly nor prospering in Goods production. To me, this repeating pattern amongst my own local start-up Cities implies a lack of Coins and/or Supplies, even with the repeatable Quests.

Does your own experience contradict my perception on this?

In more general terms, Seasons-wise, I would be interested to see whether and/or or how frequently Weekly Tasks, especially those refreshed by the player (which could reappear immediately as their own replacement Task on Beta; I very much hope this has been altered on Live!), tend to repeat, particularly those which depend upon time-gated and/or other hard-limited aspects of the game; off the top of my head, these would include Tasks which require Event Quest [or other Event element] completion, the spending of Event Currency, and the completion of Spire/Tourney Encounters. However, I think we'd need MUCH time and data to identify any such pattern(s), and even on Beta I've seen no info as to whether any weighting is applied by the RNG to some, any, or none of the possible Daily and/or Weekly Tasks, which would obviously be a relevant factor, too. The Crafting Rotation, for example, does use various [and apparently not always consistent] weightings within its RNG function.

Another point of note, at least to me, is that on Beta, a refreshed Weekly Task could randomly reappear as its own replacement Task, which would presumably influence the content of the Weekly Task queue over the course of any given Season, and/or require players to use more refreshes to remove these Tasks again; in fact, I don't know whether this process can even repeat indefinitely, if one is RNG-unlucky enough. It's not clear from iDavis's Season Tasks list alone whether there are more conditions controlling the random generation of Tasks than those he has specifically noted (see above link), but I certainly hope that it's not possible to end up with (for example) several queued Weekly Tasks which all request 'Complete 10 x Event Quests', especially towards the end of the Event in question and/or if one has already reached the Daily Locked Quests.

In fact, to judge only from the data presented by iDavis, and assuming no further RNG-limiting conditions than those stated, it appears to be possible for a particularly RNG-unlucky player to end up with several [for that player] difficult or even impossible Weekly Tasks which have either been refreshed or just player-postponed, all queued up, and all asking for (again, just for example) 'Negotiate 10 x Spire Encounters', which many players don't/can't do. This could certainly be problematic, as could the corresponding Quest asking the player to win 10 x Spire Encounters by Combat.

This seems rather extreme, though, and I'd assume that even if identical hard-limited Weekly Tasks can stack in the queue, Inno would at least limit how many times this can occur, to avoid the situation where a player's queue ends up asking for (e.g.) more Event Quest completions than there are Event Quests, or more Spire Encounters than a [normal] player could reasonably be expected to complete over, say, a couple of weeks.

I could go on, but there's no need; anyone who's played the game for a while can easily deduce the potential implications of the info provided by iDavis as to which/how Season Tasks are generated, and I personally don't have any other useful info at present, so I'd only be speculating.

However, @Herodite : Can you perhaps shed any light on some/any of the above...? Never mind, if not - just thought I'd ask the Oracle! :)

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Was curious about FOMO...
I am always curious about that.

[...] Basically, you need to complete almost all daily and weekly quests over the entire season to reach the 50th reward.
Many thanks for the maths breakdown! It was worse on Beta; at first you needed the +150 Petals from the Season Pass to reach all rewards. At least that's been changed, so we paupers, barring shock-n-awe sneak attacks by the RNG, can at least HOPE to win our shiny Pool of FOMOness! :D

Hmm... It seems that my verbose pontificating, above, may have resulted in a compensatory excess of overly facetious brevity. Sorry about that!

I go now.

OldHag

Necromancer
Would anyone know why rewards #3 (Ludibria Ventis #7(Manta Ray) and #9 (Pond of Autumn) do not allow you to claim them as you reach each one?
I've done all the dailies, finished the weekly and at reward/level 9?

owl76

Bard
@owl76 : According to ElvenStats, your [Forum] ID has one large Live City and one small Beta City which is part of an active Rank 88 Fellowship.

Assuming that you're commenting from the viewpoint of one/both of those Cities, and if you have the time/inclination? - I'd be interested to know whether your Beta City is using the new or old Tech Tree, and if the new one, whether your FS is supporting you in terms of Goods Trades (and other FS-related benefits, e.g. Tourney/Spire rewards)? I am online for many hours, on most days, and most of the early-game Cities I see near me on Arendyll EN1, several of which play solo or belong to all-new low-level FSs, seem to be growing very slowly, if at all, and even those which are genuinely new players (not 'Spire farms' run by established players) appear to Trade only rarely, in very tiny and infrequently increased amounts, and they also post Trades at 1* or even 0* rates, far more often than before the new Tech Tree was introduced; all of which suggests that these new Cities, perhaps contrary to your own experience, are neither progressing quickly nor prospering in Goods production. To me, this repeating pattern amongst my own local start-up Cities implies a lack of Coins and/or Supplies, even with the repeatable Quests.

Does your own experience contradict my perception on this?
How does one know which tech tree you have? My Beta City has differences in the tech tree to my Live City, but there is also the Human vs. Elf difference. However, I think it is still the old tech tree.

My Beta City is not a great indicator - my progress has been to mid-chapter 3 in six months. I started the city to get preview of new game features and events in response to the A Gateway into the Past event having that unusual format. This means I've been researching very slowly - usually only when I need to complete research for an event quest - and this means that I require much less resources.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Personally, I've never liked using revolving quests in all 5 cities that I've ever started. I only used it in emergencies and it always put me off because of all the clicking and doing things that I didn't really want to do. I found it easier and more enjoyable to actually build the workshops and build up culture to get what I needed in one swipe. Also because I like city building games, I wanted to build a city not just keep clicking on endless quests.

I think that Seasons of Dreams is an improvement. Ok it still involves doing some things that I wouldn't otherwise do but the rewards are much more exciting than supplies and coins. I'm giving it a good go and see how it goes.

m4rt1n

Adept
In my opinion looking at what extra you get for paying 3000 :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: for the season pass, that is way overpriced, nothing stands out as spectacular and worth 10 Blueprints value of Diamonds, to buy that many is close to £30 €30, so a lot of money to many players for very little extra.

OldHag

Necromancer
One of todays Daily Quest (for me) - 'explore new villages in sorcerers event'
A little i but with a bit of info would be useful for this new quest in a new game feature.
What does it mean - 'explore new villages in sorcerers event'

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
One of todays Daily Quest (for me) - 'explore new villages in sorcerers event'
A little i but with a bit of info would be useful for this new quest in a new game feature.
What does it mean - 'explore new villages in sorcerers event'

I believe it means going forward on the Event Map! :)

OldHag

Necromancer
Thanks @Herodite - I think they need to explain that a little better, particularly as the current event is called 'The Secrets of Alchemy' as opposed to the Sorcerers event. :)

Sir Derf

Adept
It does need better wording, as beacons are the steps on the map and visiting one counts for the quest, while villages are the endpoints on the map after visiting multiple beacons for 20 total steps.

As for event names, that's a little more understandable. "The Secrets of Alchemy" is this year's Sorcerer's Event. at this point, we have multiple yearly events, Including Sorcerer's, Valentine's, Phoenix, Zodiac, Halloween and Winter.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
at this point, we have multiple yearly events, Including Sorcerer's, Valentine's, Phoenix, Zodiac, Halloween and Winter.
I do wonder what happened to Carnival? That used to be a returning event as well but hasn't been around in 2022 I think?