• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Scouting provinces with ugly faces - Orc ring?

DeletedUser8901

I have a scouted province that I can’t do anything with at the moment, as it has ugly little faces in the supplies needed to negotiate. I have heard about an Orc ring, so I am guessing that I may have hit that. I am on fairies chapter at the moment.
My question is, if that is indeed the case how do I avoid scouting any other provinces that need these little faces to complete?

DeletedUser3571

As far as i remember any province that is 10 (?) rings away from your city will need orcs to negotiate, so to avoid it you can only scout provinces that are closer to your city.

FieryArien

Necromancer
To identify province closer to your city, look at the price to scout. If it’s cheaper that what you paid for the province with orcs, than it’s a province closer to your city and it won’t need orcs. If it’s as expensive (slightly more actually, as the price grows with every scouted province), than it is in the same ring and will ask for orks.

I suppose you’ll want to know if you even have such provinces available. There are around 220 provinces before you are really stopped by this famous orcs wall. To see how many provinces you already finished, check out the numbers in the next “Advanced Scouts” technology.

Pauly7

Magus
What's quite fun is - go to your browser settings and zoom out until your whole discovered area fits onto the screen. That way you can easily see if you have completed entire rings.

But yeah, the above is good too.

Morning Town

Alchemist
You can also use the (fairly) new "Show Provinces Overview" button - looks like a honeycomb. This shows distance and direction to your city of scoutable provs.

DeletedUser8901

Thanks guys for replying, I have counted provinces from me to the province I can’t complete and it’s 6 so not sure if this is what you mean exactly. I don’t have a button for province overview. I can’t remember what I paid for it, as I was on dwarves at the time, and have successfully completed several provinces since. Every time I scout now I am worried that I will hit another orc one, I was hoping there was an easy way to tell.

Julian

Sorcerer
You'll start to produce orcs in the next chapter. So, you'll be able to attack the orc wall from then. In the meantime, see if there are any provinces that don't need them, as suggested above. If not, you're well ahead of what's needed.

FieryArien

Necromancer
@Indriel, if you play in browser, please check out the advice Morning Town wrote above you. That’s perfect solution for you - just focus on the lowest distance provinces. I wouldn’t mind having this feature in the mobile app too!

EDIT: as for the ring number - counting the distance manually is tricky, you need to count all nodes, not just provinces. I wouldn’t even try. It’s better to look at how many ranking points the encounter gives you. It matches the ring number. ;-)

DeletedUser8901

No I am on mobile, not even sure what playing in browser means lol

FieryArien

Necromancer
No I am on mobile, not even sure what playing in browser means lol
Welcome to the app-club. ;-) It’s a good thing you found your way to the forums, because there is a lot of information missing in the app. (Another good sources of info are the official wiki https://en.wiki.elvenar.com and for example https://elvengems.com fan website.)

F97F142F-21BD-47E4-B0B8-59A7D9E7ED58.jpeg You can identify the current price of an orc-ring province by looking at the neighboring province of the one you already scouted. It’s easier if it’s on the right or left side of your city - see screenshot. But you can guess it also in the leaning/inclined sides.

83272D9A-87EB-48CA-99C1-2864F39EB14B.jpeg The number of your already completed (not just scouted, but really completed) provinces is in your tech tree. But if this number plus the number of your scouted (not completed) provinces is close to about 220, you are almost out of orcs-free provinces anyway.

Timneh

Artisan
I just thought it was worth mentioning that orcs are produced in your armouries but the armouries need to be lvl 19 before they can produce orcs.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I have a scouted province that I can’t do anything with at the moment, as it has ugly little faces in the supplies needed to negotiate. I have heard about an Orc ring, so I am guessing that I may have hit that. I am on fairies chapter at the moment.
My question is, if that is indeed the case how do I avoid scouting any other provinces that need these little faces to complete?

I am there too... We are on our last orc-free gaming times we will cherish, for an orc nightmare yo start apparently lol, an "I ran out of 22K orcs. Two weeks wait, lol". But I am stuckling in fairies till all my AW are level6 (I have all out, except researching fairy's AW)