• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

World Map Scouting costs, excessive?

DeletedUser111

I am finding that the cost of scouting is completely unacceptable , I'm rank 500 ish and 53,000 to scout a new territory is completely unacceptable. I'll wait until I need a new area before I scout one, due to the cost. This is preventing me meeting new players on the map.

My suggestion is, reduce the cost of scouting by 75%.

DeletedUser

It doesn't bother me at all, I make enough money to cover the costs easily and I've never had a problem with the amount needed to scout. Let's at least keep some difficulty in the game, making things too easy will reduce the challenge. If everyone wanted to change everything that posed a challenge to them, the game would spoonfeed you everything and will become boring.

DeletedUser23

If the scouting is too high for you right now Siborg, it'll generally mean that you've uncovered too many areas for your progression level through the technology. Same as when the fights get too difficult.

It's basically a soft barrier to progression.

Having said that, I've never really found any big problems with the cost. Yes sometimes it can be expensive, but it takes several hours to scout, and in that time I've earned many times the cost from residences. Also, you only need to scout a new area every time you complete the last. Those factors makes me think you're trying to get too many areas too quickly :)

DeletedUser121

In our fellowship, almost everyone has complained about the ridiculously high scouting costs in both time and coins. When I started playing, Elvenar advertised a huge game world -- but forgot to mention you won't be able to access 99.999% of it. And after you have gained the relics in any province, that province becomes totally useless.

At a certain point, it might be wise to lower the rewards as well as the scouting costs. It would provide more fun, which means it would get less boring for advanced players.

Also, there are loads of creative players here -- how about suggestions on things to do in the currently useless provinces? It makes no sense: you expand into new land for a few relics, and then that land produces nothing from then on.

DeletedUser

Also, there are loads of creative players here -- how about suggestions on things to do in the currently useless provinces? It makes no sense: you expand into new land for a few relics, and then that land produces nothing from then on.
Well... there is this preview here that very strongly suggests the devs are going to be releasing a new event/feature soon. From my understanding of it, this will give players not only something to do in completed provinces, but also increase interaction amongst discovered neighbours (by helping or competing against them in some form).

Looks like it might also rid us of the 'relics' being limited to the amount of provinces you can scout - as they appear to be possible rewards from that event. Hope we get an update on that feature in the next episode. :)

To get back on the topic of scouting costs: Have you ever wondered whether the high costs could be related to the devs hinting to us that it might be very counter-productive to scout the map as quickly as we possibly can? The Ancient Wonders proved that, and the shear fact alone that this game is still under quite heavy development with many new features to be expected speaks volumes in my opinion.

DeletedUser219

Something seems off. You say you are at rank 500-ish and are only paying 53K for a scout job?
I am at rank 1000-ish, am paying 640K for a scout which takes 12+ hours, during which time my residences alone will produce about 750K.
Coin has never been a problem, aside from the fact that I get too much of it.

DeletedUser

Something seems off. You say you are at rank 500-ish and are only paying 53K for a scout job?
Considering this thread was started in July last year - the rankings might not have been as competitive then as they are now. :D
I'll agree though - coins have almost never been an issue for me either.

Deleted User - 13667

im ranked 600++ now down from 400. cost over 900k a session of scouting

DeletedUser

coins became more of an issue once the discovered provinces were deserted.

New: Scout for free with the Baden Powell Unit (available in all good premium stores near you), or use a Bear Grylls unit - and get a free province victory from survival skills.

DeletedUser

I actually find myself scouting to get rid of coins sometimes. Mostly I buy tier 1 or 2 goods at the wholesaler with surplus cash, but sometimes I find I already have tons of them stashed. I expect this is mostly a problem for players that use coins to advance in the tech tree, which I only do when I totally don't know how else to get rid of coins as I feel ripped off doing that lol

DeletedUser340

I actually find myself scouting to get rid of coins sometimes. Mostly I buy tier 1 or 2 goods at the wholesaler with surplus cash, but sometimes I find I already have tons of them stashed. I expect this is mostly a problem for players that use coins to advance in the tech tree, which I only do when I totally don't know how else to get rid of coins as I feel ripped off doing that lol

Exactly. In my opinion, some players are pushing the game beyond their limits. This is not the action game where you are racing over 200 mph.
If you can find the right balance, you won't need the repeatable quests to get enough supplies or cry: "My neighbours are gone. Losing 1 mil coins. I'm broke." Sorry for sarcasm ;)
My scouting costs are 1.7 mil and I don't feel ripped off. Moreover, I think that number is adequate for where I am in the game right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1614

scouting cost is ridiculous for me right now. I in the middle of dwarves reaserach tree but is not my point here. I want scout 1 province to trade with my old fellowship member but I havent reserach dwarves main hall yet so its mean I cant scout this province because cost is 4.5k coins.When my capacity is 4.4k Alright I could wait to do it after upgrade main hall to dwarves technology when it gives me 5k capacity. The problem is when Im scouting provinces which need 1.2k coins only the province with 4.5k grow up to 4.7k coins. So before I reach main hall upgrade Im thinking scout for that province will increase above 5k. So I need research fairy main hall after cost grow and grow.

Resolution I see here: If any province need for example 1.5k coins to scout this costs should stay in this place not increase because you have scouted other provinces .

1 picture is same ring as picture nr 2. Scout cost on first picture is 3.4k on picture nr 2 is 4.7k where is the diffrence so the cost is so huge diffrence ???

image.png

image.png

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 13667

That would indicate that the more expensive province is further away from you.
The cost of exploring increases about 10-100k a piece if it is within the same ring.

eg. the 6 provinces directly round you cost next to nothing to explore then the provinces that are 1 province away cost a little more and so forth.