• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Scoutable - but locked!

SkyRider99

Mentor
Sort of a question this one. But not so critical as to place it into the Q&A section.

I was wondering what the go is with scouting provinces on the world map, where I'm shown a list of scoutable provinces that includes one or two that are locked and are therefore not scoutable. Am I missing something here? :)

1641540183190.png

Stephen1

Spellcaster
You have probably scouted but not cleared all encounters in one of the provinces bordering the province that is locked
scouts1.png
Untitled.png

As you can see from the images above I have a few scoutable but locked provinces.

Pauly7

Magus
You have probably scouted but not cleared all encounters in one of the provinces bordering the province that is locked
I think this is the case. I take @SkyRider99 's point though. Those provinces aren't currently scoutable. I don't think the engine is fancy enough to take them in and out of the scoutable menu based on whether you have cleared neighbouring provinces.

Alcaro

Necromancer
Before, a province was either Scoutable and had that button green (meaning the neighbouring provinces were cleared), or wasn't Scoutable, therefore wasn't on that list at all. The button was grey only when the scout was doing his job already.
I think it's either a glitch, either something that came with the last(s) update(s) but since our scoutings are taking already ages, you (and we as well) didn't notice 'til now.

Turing

Bard
I think it's either a glitch, either something that came with the last(s) update(s) but since our scoutings are taking already ages, you (and we as well) didn't notice 'til now.

It's been this way for many months, at least. I've always had a bunch of grey buttons in the scouting list (at least within the browser version).

It does also depend how much you leave provinces scouted, but not completed. If you typically do provinces once the scout finishes you won't see the grey buttons very much

Alcaro

Necromancer
It's been this way for many months, at least. I've always had a bunch of grey buttons in the scouting list (at least within the browser version).

It does also depend how much you leave provinces scouted, but not completed. If you typically do provinces once the scout finishes you won't see the grey buttons very much
you might be right, since my scouting takes 123h (5 days and 3h) and with so many events asking for encounters or relics and some quests do not match with tourny or spire time, I rarely have more than 3-4 opened provinces. I noticed I have 3 grays but are on page 8 or 9 on an increased difficulty and had no reason to look there :D

Gargon667

Mentor

It´s been this way since we got this screen.
If you don´t have the previous provinces completed you can see the next province, but it stays locked (unscoutable) until you open it by completing the previous one.