• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Scout Indicator

Pauly7

Magus
This drum has been banged many times in the past, but I'm going to continue bringing it up.

Please can we have an indicator from the main screen to tell us when a scout has finished? With scouting times of 4 days and beyond for advanced players, it is so difficult to remember when to check back and see that it needs to be re-started. This would be much more useful than other main screen indicators they've put in, such as for the Spire or Magic Academy.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Pauly7 I can see how this would be beneficial, i'll certainly take this forward for consideration :)

I'm just trying to think, do you receive an indication on the Scouting Icon when it has completed in the World Map my minds gone blank?

Pauly7

Magus
On the world map there is an icon that says "navigate to scout". When the scouting has finished this will be greyed out. Effectively we just need to be able to see this on the main screen. Perhaps something slightly more obvious.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Yeah it's subtle isn't it but I can see what you mean when you're waiting a few days. I'm just thinking of maybe a slightly more obvious amendment to the current formula such as a green tick or some such. A bit more visual. Obviously I can't guarantee approval for either suggestion but it's good if I can get them to maybe look at a few avenues. Leave it with me and i'll ask the question :)

Istolan

Novice
On the Main City screen, if you are playing on a browser, you can hover your mouse pointer over the World Map icon and it will tell you how much time is left before the scouting is completed or that 'There is no active scouting'. I don't use the APP, so I can't say what it does.

m4rt1n

Adept
On the Main City screen, if you are playing on a browser, you can hover your mouse pointer over the World Map icon and it will tell you how much time is left before the scouting is completed or that 'There is no active scouting'. I don't use the APP, so I can't say what it does.

Yes, thank you, but a green tick on the world map icon would be a super addition, we don't always remember to check and my scouts take 4+ days now also.

Pauly7

Magus
If you have the forethought to hover your mouse there you can just click the world map and have a look. The reason for the visual indicator is because after a 4 day scouting time you just forget all about it. I'm forever restarting my scout a day late or two days late or I don't know how long.

Gargon667

Mentor
the App solution to the problem would be good!

a pop-up even better!