• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Runeshard Changes

Aisling1

Conjurer
Thank you Killiak for your answer. I get it, now.. it took a while. Slow learner, and I'll live with the rune shard issue, as obviously, if I don't need them.. I'm doing okay... and yes, as players run out of runes it will stabilise - but a 5 rune shard win still sucks..

Also, thanks to the rest of you.. jack, I get it. But one player in 3rd division is not going to make premier league players out of 24 others, particularly when they don't practice as they preach. Forcing kp swaps however beneficial is not in my game play rule book. I'm an occasional, play as you feel like player, not a spire or FA addict or a 10 chest wonder.. (been there, got the T-shirt, etc). Maybe we deserve what's happening, but again.. if you used the same analogy with tournaments, there'd be all out War. My complaint is the fact that the contributors do not contribute anything else..

Yes, all kp donations should go to someone else's AW.. in house if possible, or otherwise to a good neighbour, trader - but a lot of us choose the option to help a FS member.

And again, I have a certain admiration for the KP hunters who go to some trouble.. the problem is - AGAIN - that they can butt in, without invitation and push down the rewards for others who have worked hard over time..
I suppose all I'm really doing is pointing out the anomaly, making sure they donate well over the 1 kp, or even 15 with the way things are right now.. and asking, if there's any way to limit this to players who also trade and visit.

I am a member of an FS that was strategically targeted and by the time we realised, our only option was to either to let the AW's sit and not upgrade them, or try to make every member aware and beg that they better the offer.. guess what happened?

AuroraBolt

Seeker
Sorry to bring this up, I know I've read this somewhere but for the life of me cant remember where. I have a question regarding the AW KP lock out function when a player reaches a certain point and can longer receive KP.

My question is, does anyone know if there is an algorithm that identifies how many times the lock out occurs and if the said algorithm takes steps to make it harder for the player to receive KP? The question has been asked if this happens too much, will it affect the game in any way?

schadenfreude

Enchanter
Sorry to bring this up, I know I've read this somewhere but for the life of me cant remember where. I have a question regarding the AW KP lock out function when a player reaches a certain point and can longer receive KP.

My question is, does anyone know if there is an algorithm that identifies how many times the lock out occurs and if the said algorithm takes steps to make it harder for the player to receive KP? The question has been asked if this happens too much, will it affect the game in any way?
It's based in inflow and outflow of KPs. You can't receive significantly more KPs than you give out. It's a very generous number too so any player that is KP locked received a ton of KPs and haven't donated out. They only need to give out KPs to unlock themselves.

AuroraBolt

Seeker
I understand how it all works, the question I'm asking is if a player is constantly getting locked out, because their outbound kp isn't enough to keep themselves unlocked all the time, is there a hidden consequence for being locked multiple times? I'm only asking because I've probably read a discussion either here or FB where someone stated that the game made it harder for that particular player because of the amount of times they were being locked. It could all just be hokum, just thought I'd ask, but thanks anyway

kimkimkim

Summoner
is there a hidden consequence for being locked multiple times?
@AuroraBolt none that I can think of, the only thing that might hurt is not being able to level up your ancient wonders through help from other players therefore those wonders not gaining more power the higher they go, which could hurt someone's gameplay

SkyRider99

Mentor
The only 'hidden consequence' that I can fathom is being too obsessed with being KP-locked and forgetting to concentrate on more important game issues. :)

I make donating KP a regular part of play, in conjunction with things like collecting goods. I have never been 'locked'.