• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Runeshard Changes

Hekata

Artisan
Maybe they'll have to stop punishing AW levels in the tournament and spire forumla so hard when more people are affected by how unfair it is.
It's interesting to see how this changes will impact the tournaments. What you suggest is one option (the one that I'd also like to see) but probably the least likely.
The 2 other options are:
1. mid-level players who had much easier tournament because they had less aw levels will suffer the same consequences as those in higher chapters and the tournaments will be more equal for everyone.
2. mid-level players (specially those smart enough to upgrade only the right wonders) will have an even easier time in tournaments because they will have all the advantages of high level AWs (like those players who have been playing a long time) without the added difficulty of techs and expansions the players in higher chapters have. This seems like the most plausible scenario to me.

SmillaJaspersen

Alchemist
Hi,
Sorry if I didn't read the whole 3d.
My experience is that the AWs of our fellowship are flooded by outside players and no chest is left for us.
I did some digging to see if other fellowships are experience the same issue.
I check some FS and in this when I click the icon of the ancient wonder, I found what is visible in the attached file, i.e.
Userxxx already received a lot of help. Please come back again another time. All in bold red.

(For the moderators, if the image is against the rules, please delete it, but leave the post, thanks)

Useless to say that after 10 hours the warning was still the same.

Avoiding and blocking the flooding of kps/runes from other fellowship is quite simply: change the setting, i.e. only the member of the fellowship are allowed to give Kps, rune/kps.

Some will say that mine is a lazy fellowship and hunting is nothing bad, smart players are the best (It's ironycal) do it so.

Can someone please explain to me what is intended to be lazy; you log in another city and when you're back you find your AW completely full and there's nothing you can do.
I am looking forward to see when INNO will sell Kps in exchange of diamonds.

Furthermore I have the feeling that Inno will not let this gonna happen, just like eons ago, when we have been told and retold that moving a city in a so-called better place was impossible, due to the allegedely too many variables to be consider, kinda building a moon base with a screwdriver.
Now our cities are waltzing until further notice and without the option for us to say no.

Screenshot1.png

Please take note that I never gave any of the fellows of this FS any kp or rune/Kps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackluyt

Shaman
Hi,
Sorry if I didn't read the whole 3d.
My experience is that the AWs of our fellowship are flooded by outside players and no chest is left for us.
I did some digging to see if other fellowships are experience the same issue.
I check some FS and in this when I click the icon of the ancient wonder, I found what is visible in the attached file, i.e.
Userxxx already received a lot of help. Please come back again another time. All in bold red.

(For the moderators, if the image is against the rules, please delete it, but leave the post, thanks)

Useless to say that after 10 hours the warning was still the same.

Avoiding and blocking the flooding of kps/runes from other fellowship is quite simply: change the setting, i.e. only the member of the fellowship are allowed to give Kps, rune/kps.

Some will say that mine is a lazy fellowship and hunting is nothing bad, smart players are the best (It's ironycal) do it so.

Can someone please explain to me what is intended to be lazy; you log in another city and when you're back you find your AW completely full and there's nothing you can do.
I am looking forward to see when INNO will sell Kps in exchange of diamonds.

Furthermore I have the feeling that Inno will not let this gonna happen, just like eons ago, when we have been told and retold that moving a city in a so-called better place was impossible, due to the allegedely too many variables to be consider, kinda building a moon base with a screwdriver.
Now our cities are waltzing until further notice and without the option for us to say no.

View attachment 6162

Please take note that I never gave any of the fellows of this FS any kp or rune/Kps.
I explained how the Block works about ten comments higher up this thread. There are several simple strategies to avoid getting blocked - and several ways to deal with it when it happens.
:)

AngryTank

Novice
i can't help feeling a bit cheated. After years of playing, and years of hard work trying to earn kps from tournaments to upgrade my aw's (having to let the aw's sit quietly doing no upgrades while kps needed to be directed into the research tree every time a new chapter was released), everyone is simply being given dozens of wonder levels.
I am in the minority of very long term players that have put in countless hours, only to see the vast majority simply gifted dozens upon dozens of wonder level upgrades.
I love helping my FS and new players around me on the map, but this is just taking the....

Jake65

Sage
i can't help feeling a bit cheated. After years of playing, and years of hard work trying to earn kps from tournaments to upgrade my aw's (having to let the aw's sit quietly doing no upgrades while kps needed to be directed into the research tree every time a new chapter was released), everyone is simply being given dozens of wonder levels.
I am in the minority of very long term players that have put in countless hours, only to see the vast majority simply gifted dozens upon dozens of wonder level upgrades.
I love helping my FS and new players around me on the map, but this is just taking the....
I don't know if this happens with all/most games but I've seen the same in e.g. PokemonGo. Long term players had to sweat buckets to reach certain levels but game changes now make it far easier for newer players to achieve the same.

JackHobbs

Adventurer
WHY oh why have Inno made a complete Dogs Dinner of this system.
1. There should be unlimited passing of KPs by members within a FS
2. If we are going to have a limit ,,,then think of the first question you ask a Bank manager when they complain you are overdrawn,.BY HOW MUCH.????????..
there should be a figure of the one to one balance every time you wish to donate with the Limit in parenthesis and possibly Maximum donation
e.g. a) Balance : 120 - Limit: -560 - Maximum Donation : 680
b) Balance : -90 Limit -560 - Maximum Donation : 470
c) Balance : -560 Limit : -560 - Maximum Donation : ZERO (Locked)

SkyRider99

Mentor
I know what you mean @AngryTank. But the past is gone, and the new game change lets me help less experienced players in my FS. They are also kind enough to reciprocate.:)

Jackluyt

Shaman

That sums up my feeling precisely. I have slaved doggedly over the years to improve my AW's - and now it is going to be much easier for any Tom. Dick and Harriette to get their basic wonders to level thirty - if they are members of a fellowship with old players like myself who don't mind gifting their rune shards to newcomers.
This change has down-valued the rarity value of my carefully nurtured basic wonders, and leaves me seriously wondering why I am bothering to play...
:(

Paladestar

Enchanter
I'm getting very confused now. I was blocked from being able to receive donations on Thursday. So I spent a few hours KP hunting with a few of my fellows and at the end of that hunting session I was up to about 580 KP credit. Today, I try to get some donations from my fellows and I'm blocked again. There's been only a couple of donations to my AWs for like 10 KP each since Thursday, so how has all my credit disappeared!?

Hekata

Artisan
I'm getting very confused now. I was blocked from being able to receive donations on Thursday. So I spent a few hours KP hunting with a few of my fellows and at the end of that hunting session I was up to about 580 KP credit. Today, I try to get some donations from my fellows and I'm blocked again. There's been only a couple of donations to my AWs for like 10 KP each since Thursday, so how has all my credit disappeared!?
Maybe you've received some chests from finished AWs? Those AWKP instants count the same as getting kps from other players.

Far Reach

Conjurer
That sums up my feeling precisely. I have slaved doggedly over the years to improve my AW's - and now it is going to be much easier for any Tom. Dick and Harriette to get their basic wonders to level thirty - if they are members of a fellowship with old players like myself who don't mind gifting their rune shards to newcomers.
This change has down-valued the rarity value of my carefully nurtured basic wonders, and leaves me seriously wondering why I am bothering to play...

As I understand it, the KP balancing change will prevent any player (whether they be Tom, Dick, Harriette or whoever) from being gifted anything significant in the way of free levels. Certainly the rune-shards change makes it easier to level up AWs, but that benefits all players (old and new), and arguably older players benefit more because they will typically have accumulated more rune-shards to date.

The change will certainly make it easier for newer players to progress their city through the chapters, but it is hardly the first change of that type. (Portal Profits and increased kp from tournaments are other obvious examples). Older players will still retain an advantage.

Am I missing something ?

Paladestar

Enchanter
Maybe you've received some chests from finished AWs? Those AWKP instants count the same as getting kps from other players.
So if I add two runes to someone's AW to win their top chest for 30 KP and that top chest has 35 KP worth of instants in it, I end up with a net change in my credit of -5 KP? - Or is is even more insane? The two runes I also win, cancel-out the two I added, so I'm down a net -35 KP?

Hekata

Artisan
So if I add two runes to someone's AW to win their top chest for 30 KP and that top chest has 35 KP worth of instants in it, I end up with a net change in my credit of -5 KP? - Or is is even more insane? The two runes I also win, cancel-out the two I added, so I'm down a net -35 KP?
Yes, it's -5 for you. I don't think the runes count, just the AWKPs.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
You can´t say something like this, even if this feeling is shared for caring players that like myself spent hours and hours to upgrade at the maximum his AWs, cause then "some" people jump over you to tell you: "we would have leave the game if Inno wouldn´t have made this change", "you´re just selfish", " I only care about upgrading my AWs so you must shut up and enjoy this gift", etc, etc...

The fact that there are players that defend this, allow Inno to suppose we´re all ok with this new change, when by many points of it, we don´t.

Last edited:

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
This new change devaluate completely Knowledge Points, like hard...
Now in any fellowship KPs from Tourney, MA. and instants from event chests and Fellow AWs, are less important, super less important.
In the past KP was very important for many reasons, and the proper use of it was one of the most important strategies you must to look at, now it really doesn´t care, the flow of KP comes from everywhere and everyone.... I could literally, with the respective amount of time boosters, delete my Simia Sapiens and in the same day upgrade it once again till the 35th level...

Pauly7

Magus
I haven't even read the whole thread, but just a quick thought from me:

Personally I wish they hadn't done this at all. I know some people will say - hey, don't be negative about a feature which gives us lots of benefits. That's fine, but it seems to only make life complicated and I don't need this game to be more complicated. So the benefit is that people get to use up their spare rune shards and also gain a lot more AW levels.

The downsides are -

1) People gain a lot more AW levels (for many people this will weaken them if they don't do it tactically).
2) NetZero KP swapping schemes are thrown into disarray, and this was the best way to work around the shortcomings of the messaging system.
3) Whether you like it or don't like it, KP hunters cause conflicts. This will now increase more and more as they start to go after the bonus rune shards too.
4) Internal jostling for chests within a fellowship can affect relationships within teams.
5) A minor one, but just the added headache of figuring out what to do with the shards and how to administer them is quite time consuming.
6) Some of us now have no more AWs that we want to upgrade and this whole scheme diminishes the cost and effort that we have put into AW upgrading over the past 4 or 5 years or more.

No doubt there are more pros and cons and maybe you've discussed them already, but that's just what springs immediately to mind for me.

Jackluyt

Shaman

Personally I wish they hadn't done this at all. I know some people will say - hey, don't be negative about a feature which gives us lots of benefits. That's fine, but it seems to only make life complicated and I don't need this game to be more complicated. So the benefit is that people get to use up their spare rune shards and also gain a lot more AW levels.

The downsides are -

1) People gain a lot more AW levels (for many people this will weaken them if they don't do it tactically).
2) NetZero KP swapping schemes are thrown into disarray, and this was the best way to work around the shortcomings of the messaging system.
3) Whether you like it or don't like it, KP hunters cause conflicts. This will now increase more and more as they start to go after the bonus rune shards too.
4) Internal jostling for chests within a fellowship can affect relationships within teams.
5) A minor one, but just the added headache of figuring out what to do with the shards and how to administer them is quite time consuming.
6) Some of us now have no more AWs that we want to upgrade and this whole scheme diminishes the cost and effort that we have put into AW upgrading over the past 4 or 5 years or more.

No doubt there are more pros and cons and maybe you've discussed them already, but that's just what springs immediately to mind for me.

Quite agreed!
Ancient Wonders used to be something special that you had to work hard to upgrade the ones you had chosen. This move will almost certainly take away their rarity value. Too easy to get a level 30 Needles for a beginner! Mine took me 6 months of hard work in my smallest new city; in a good sympathetic fellowship where everyone has dozens of these unwanted shards that they have no use for, and don't mind giving them away, you could fully upgrade yours in a week or two. The 'lock' is not a deterrent; it goes away soon...

Jake65

Sage
This thread is a bit long to check if it's already been mentioned but what about a daily limit on shard to AWKP conversions?
We still get to use our "never going to need them" shards but the rapid levelling up gets limited as does the likelihood of being blocked.
And reduce the value.
2 shards per day either on your own or another player's wonders, flat rate of 5kp.

Hekata

Artisan

The downsides are -

I agree on all points :)

I'll add another con, although a minor one: random people donating big amounts of kps to ones AWs, probably becasue they got locked but this can be annoying because they can get you blocked in return.

The point that bothers me the most is the 6th one. I really wish they allowed us to do something else withe the shards:, make spells, convert them to SF, use them for crafting, use them to unlock some small bonus rewards... (my favourite would be convert them to small 3 minutes time boosters :)) or, if converting them to kps was the easiest thing to code, then making them worth 3 and 5 points would have been much better and probably cause a lot less problems.