• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonders Runes for Ancient Wonder

• Thread starter Deleted User - 13667
  • Start date

Current Ancient Wonder system needs reworks

• Yes

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

Deleted User - 13667

The drop rate of the runes and location of rune needs revamping. The average no. of provinces completed by the end of Chapter IV should be around 60 - 80 provinces. In order to collect enough runes for 1 level of the AW, it could be anything between 9 provinces (Perfect case) up to 50 provinces (assume a 50% fail rate).

Plus the majority of the players who have reached Chapter VI early have over 100 - 200 provinces. Going further is difficult.

Runes could be made more accessible if:
1. Rune or rune shard rewards for completing mandatory quests. (quests that demands 1 day production perhaps)

2. Players who have advanced due to being at early stages are given some random runes. To facilitate the AW to be built. They are the target group who would reached advance part of the game and have lots of resources to input. It might also be good if they gotten a random AW building.

3. Allow the AW to accept knowledge points from the start rather than after it has been built. The ruins of AW was discovered not the just the building plans. The AW could be made available and take up some space at the non-accessible cliff areas.

4. Perhaps the a building for the AW be made exclusive to fellowships eg Trade Union. This particular AW can lower the battle negotiation and trader wholesaler rates for the entire fellowship. You can start at 10% and progress up to 50% for battle negotiations and 30% for wholesaler. To build this, players have to click/visit the building. Only when a certain number of clicks are achieved can the building be made. Only fellowship members may click on the fellowship building.

The purpose of the AW introduced to the game is to provide the advance players something to keep going in the game. Not for just for the diamond users.

Alternatively, the runes done away with altogether. Make it accessible via dumping Knowledge points in research. Runes are only to enhance the effects of the AW say +1% additional effect per rune and a bonus if all runes are found.

Appreciate any replies.
Just a 2 cents worth idea from a gamer to make a game more enjoyable.

DeletedUser

Really like # 4. Still not a fan of people donating KP to each other's AW, as I've stated elsewhere. Puts people in dead neighborhoods at a major disadvantage in addition to the other things I fear it will cause :p IMO that feature is really only viable for people who have completed the tech tree.

Deleted User - 13667

Thanks! I like #4 too and the current way things are for the AW, it feels way too much viable only to diamond users

Deleted User - 13667

4. Perhaps the a building for the AW be made exclusive to fellowships eg Trade Union. This particular AW can lower the battle negotiation and trader wholesaler rates for the entire fellowship. You can start at 10% and progress up to 50% for battle negotiations and 30% for wholesaler. To build this, players have to click/visit the building. Only when a certain number of clicks are achieved can the building be made. Only fellowship members may click on the fellowship building.

The purpose of the AW introduced to the game is to provide the advance players something to keep going in the game. Not for just for the diamond users.

Alternatively, the runes done away with altogether. Make it accessible via dumping Knowledge points in research. Runes are only to enhance the effects of the AW say +1% additional effect per rune and a bonus if all runes are found.

Appreciate any replies.
Just a 2 cents worth idea from a gamer to make a game more enjoyable.

Shouldn't my idea on No.4 be considered implemented? Just not fully though since the AW now only lowers wholesale price but not battles:)

Redberry

Seeker
These new developments are almost making it impossible to progress. Rune shards, KP for research and ancient wonder development, granite mines needing granite and copper to upgrade, orcs to clear provinces, cleared provinces to get rune shards - never ending, less and less enjoyable, roundabout

DeletedUser2753

And let's not forget the province fights that are impossible to win now! :-(

DeletedUser2753

My main gripe with Shards is that there is almost a certainty that they will be a duplicate. I just tried to put three fragments into a rune that had only three of nine segments filled. All three were "duplicates". This is now the norm. It is almost impossible to move forward. I am one "improvement" away from leaving the game. Please fire the Marketing team - or the Department of "Good" Ideas - or whatever they are called. They have destroyed what used to be a good game.

DeletedUser363

That you still get runes for AW's you've built already.
Ok, you do need runes for some of the upgrades, the issue is when the AW is fully upgraded, and you are sat with 60 rune shards for it and nothing to do with them, as well as 90% of the other AW's you can't get rune shards for.

Redberry

Seeker
At the moment I have 227 provinces explored and only 2 AWs (the ones available originally) researched - it's a complete and utter farce. And, to complete those 2 I had to pay with diamonds to get the final runes.

Last edited:

DeletedUser129

Id like to be able to trade runes at the wholesaler, think that would be a big help

Tiriake

Soothsayer
At the moment I have 227 provinces explored and only 2 AWs (the ones available originally) researched - it's a complete and utter farce. And, to complete those 2 I had to pay with diamonds to get the final runes.

I have conquered 215 provinces. I have all 8 first wonders ( so I'm only missing dwarves, fairies and orcs). I haven't bought diamonds for this game. It was tough to get those runes, but I did it without using diamonds. Though I think I was just lucky.

Considering battle updates. I do think it's highly unlikely that I can get the runes for the rest. Without fighting in provinces...it will take forever.

DeletedUser363

I have 2 aw's, The ones that were the first for some of us are the ones in section 4 of the tech tree, all the earlier ones now came later in the game. I built both and sold one, since then I have found most will not be of any benefit to my game, it's just a shame they are the ones I keep getting runes for

DeletedUser877

Considering battle updates. I do think it's highly unlikely that I can get the runes for the rest. Without fighting in provinces...it will take forever.[/QUOTE said:
You need to play the tournaments for extra runes. You start getting these at the third level

Tiriake

Soothsayer
Yes, i know about the tournaments. but to get runes from there I have to pay like crazy to get those.

DeletedUser877

I have 6 wonders now plus I could build tome of secrets

I have played hard to obtain these - playing the tournaments and completing seasonal quest lines to obtain rune shards and would not be particularly happy if this was suddenly made a lot easier

Wonders shouldn't be too easy to build anyway - some people seem to want the benefits without having to work for them

I vote no on this one

DeletedUser330

If they did rework the system, they'd fuck it all up anyway. Look what they did with Orcs, Battles and the tech tree.
So no, keep it as is. Don't ask then to tinker with something that is working ok right now.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
I next version they added a wonder that gives you 1 broken rune shard a week (assuably higher at higher lvl but i wouldnt count on more then 3)
So if you ever get enough runes to build that woodelf wonder, you can get 1 working rune of your choice every 10 weeks!

now isnt that nice of them :D

Tiriake

Soothsayer
If they did rework the system, they'd fuck it all up anyway. Look what they did with Orcs, Battles and the tech tree.
So no, keep it as is. Don't ask then to tinker with something that is working ok right now.
I'm thinking you are right about that.

As for the wonders. I have worked really hard to get my 8 wonders. Mainly I got runes from provinces, but that is pretty much closed for me now. Not only did they do that with provinces. They also made tournaments way tougher. i can't get through the first tournaments levels with fighting anymore...