• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Run out of Tools

DeletedUser7874

I run out of tools (supplies) making army and goods like gems, I have 4 workshops at l6 upgrading to 7. I am towards end of chapter 3 - so what the secret to making enough tools? More workshops or should I concentrate on upgrading the 5 that I've got? Is there an optimun quantity / level of workshops?

m4rt1n

Adept
I always found 8 workshops to be a nice number that has kept me in supplies, but it will also depend on how often you are online and how many manfactories you have and how many troops you want to train.

I would build another and see if your shortage improves.

Pauly7

Magus
I keep 10 workshops as it's handy for Fellowship Adventure and event purposes, but then mine are also quite a few different levels so I need to bolster the numbers. I'm still always slightly short too.

The other thing you can do is win those event buildings that pay out extra tools.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Like m4rt1n, I always had 8 workshops (maybe more early in the game - cannot recall) and kept them max level. In chapter 3 quest cycling will help you, i. e. decline the declinable quest until you get one you can easily fulfill. The quests reward you with gold and supplies.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
i was at 6xt1 3xt2 3xt3 with 10 workshops and didnt have problems, and as pauly says, 10 is good for events too.:)
Dont forget to use power of provision now and then too for a nice boost.

DeletedUser7874

I am at 7 T1, 3 T2, & 3 T3 with 5 workshops ... I agree more workshops would be good for Fellowship addys, having struggled to help much in the recent one.
I'll make some more and concentrate on upgrades.
I think the game is slowing down a bit for me while I do that :)
Thanks for advices :)

DeletedUser7733

I have 8 workshops that are enough most of the time. A lot of times, I boost them either with Power of Provision or boost my culture with Ensorcelled Endowment that I have plenty of from tournaments. I make sure that my culture is high enough that neighbourly help boosts it to 125% for most of the day. Also, visits are great to get additional supplies. I still have to use instants when I come across supply expensive research or upgrade.
I hope that helps :)

DeletedUser5381

Kafka1, if your supplies are really low this something else to consider.
Build smaller productions and lots of them. This is the only reason I like the FA competition these days.
I have a L6 workshop which will pay:
28 supplies - 5 minutes
70 supplies - 15 minutes (84 supplies from beverages in the same time)
So in the time it takes me to make a blacksmith badge (899 supplies) I can earn up to 8064 supplies by making brewery badges from this building.
The only question is do you have the patience to wait on a 5 minute timer for 24 hours, like a chicken guarding her nest. ;):D
Note: Placing a spell on workshops during the FA competition can be VERY rewarding.

DeletedUser7744

I run out of tools (supplies) making army and goods like gems, I have 4 workshops at l6 upgrading to 7. I am towards end of chapter 3 - so what the secret to making enough tools? More workshops or should I concentrate on upgrading the 5 that I've got? Is there an optimun quantity / level of workshops?
"Making money" isn't always about how much you make, but it's also about how much you spend. When I first unlocked T3 I made four of them, but turned out my supply productions couldn't keep up to finance those T3s, so I reduce them to 2.

As many have suggested, making more Workshops, upgrading them, casting the spell, and re-doing quests can be the solutions, but you also need to factor in how many T3s your city can take relative to your current level, because you'll also need to take the Residential, space, and Culture weights into account. You'll find your own sweet spot relative to the assets that you currently have.

DeletedUser7733

"Making money" isn't always about how much you make, but it's also about how much you spend. When I first unlocked T3 I made four of them, but turned out my supply productions couldn't keep up to finance those T3s, so I reduce them to 2.

As many have suggested, making more Workshops, upgrading them, casting the spell, and re-doing quests can be the solutions, but you also need to factor in how many T3s your city can take relative to your current level, because you'll also need to take the Residential, space, and Culture weights into account. You'll find your own sweet spot relative to the assets that you currently have.

That's a very good point. Thanks for that :)
I did the same thing with T3. I didn't build more of them till I needed them.

DeletedUser7744

That's a very good point. Thanks for that :)
I did the same thing with T3. I didn't build more of them till I needed them.
You're welcome and thank you :) I did struggle to find the tier-combinations and upgrades balance for my city, and it's especially tricky for early cities where many things are limited.