• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Royal Restoration Spell

cwgiii

Shaman
There could have been a button in the upgrade tab of the event building that allows to convert 1 BP to 10 RR. Without academy, without CC, without relics, without time wasted, etc.

Ah, but that would deprive Inno from Diamond purchases that boost convenience.

m4rt1n

Adept
There could have been a button in the upgrade tab of the event building that allows to convert 1 BP to 10 RR. Without academy, without CC, without relics, without time wasted, etc.

There could be yes, but this game is all about things taking time.
Being able to convert at all is a step in the right direction at least following all the delays and previous possibilities discussed in my opinion. :)

DeletedUser6644

The players holding BPs can't use them right away to upgrade their event buildings - they have to produce CCs and wait until the recipe becomes available and then craft RRs of it.
That seems perfectly reasonable to me. This game is not, and never has been about easy giveaways. Anyone with a huge stash of BPs would already know that and wouldn't have played this long if they enjoyed a game where everything was easy or instant.

Look, this is a solution that gives us all a way to move forward and prioritize (carefully) which of our older buildings we want to upgrade. It doesn't give an instant advantage and huge boost to those who have been playing in a 10-chest FS for years over those who have only just made the grade. I think thats fair enough. At the present number of recipes there is still a good (around 97%) chance of seeing one of the 3 proposed recipes come up during a week, which is close enough to the rate at which we get blueprints. That means enough RR spells on average to upgrade 1 3x5 event building every week on average. Seems fair enough at this stage. I have no idea how many BPs I have stored away (there is no way to tell) but for me that doesn't matter - at least it means BPs for a more a more experienced player are less of a limiting resource than say spell fragments. The pragmatic solution as implemented here will allow Inno to continue to tweak the drop rate for the recipes in the crafting tool well into the future and in response to user feedback (positive or negative) without other major code changes.

Edit: (thanks for info LadyHavva): on the PC you can see how many BPs you have by hovering over the BP symbol in the upgrade panel for a magic building

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3571

To be honest if they were going to involve the magic academy, i would have rather it be "produce" a spell than "crafting" it.:D

sigh, i agree that it would work going on from now, its the backlog that the problem, the whole point of the conversion was that people complained that they had saved loads of blueprints and were promised a use for them. Now when ever its released live they are still going to have to wait months (even years)to be able convert all their blueprints. :mad:

Still think its terrible they are introducing any charge on us to convert it after the effort people have put in getting blueprints.:p

DeletedUser5976

Not being able to convert all the BP's some of the long time players have accumulated at once is indeed troublesome. However compared to the situation a few weeks ago this is an improvement. Also if we get one recipe a week it will average to 2 BP's converted to RR spells, which is faster than the rate we are accumulating them and slowly but steadily the backlog will melt. Yes it will be very slow, but who knows maybe Inno can be prevailed upon to remove some of the less useful recipes from the MA to increase the odds of getting the RR spell recipe.

DeletedUser1829

Could always craft the chess set to remove those recipes and up your odds :p

They also could have taken another 2 years to create the new mechanism. Crafting let them solve the BP and broken rune issue at the same time with no new mechanics. Plus people have been complaining they wanted more use from the MA, so this continues to add to responding to that.

Pauly7

Magus
I think that the time wasting is a considered extra decision that they have made. I have long thought that Inno are panicking about the balance of the game and the money they might lose introducing Royal Restoration. They made a sweeping promise a long time ago and they know that they can't easily back out of it now (they've tried at least twice to push out really bad versions of RR). I think that the reality is that they hadn't counted on people saving up such huge stockpiles of blueprints when they said what they said, so with the initial offer, way back when, some players will be able to instantly upgrade everything on their map and in their inventories, meaning they have no need to participate in events and spend more diamonds.

So... it seems this is attempt number three to slow this kind of progress. It is better than the previous two attempts, but it's still quite deceptive compared to their initial outlining of Royal Restoration. The clever thing (for them) about this plan, is it doesn't matter how many blueprints a person has, they will still need to save up combining catalysts to use them... and on top of it all they will have to wait for the right craftable item to come around, as everyone says.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
It seems that Inno finally found a way to balance the use of blueprints without causing outrage. I guess this alone is worth having such a (IMHO) terrible solution, lacking any kind of elegance.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
So i just found 12 rr spells in my instants tab but cant use them to upgrade a building yet...what is the point of that?
View attachment 3564

Well the 12 rr spells i had have dissapeared from inventory, so do we get any free spells as was promised?

Quoting @Muf-Muf
"To compensate for any lost population and culture with this update, we will be offering this spell for free to everyone once, as soon as it's added to the game with a later update."

Killiak

Artisan
At this point, I really don't care anymore about getting 1 RR spell for free. It holds little value when you need a bunch of them for just 1 building.

In 1 week's time, I could have dozens of them, so eh.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
At this point, I really don't care anymore about getting 1 RR spell for free. It holds little value when you need a bunch of them for just 1 building.

In 1 week's time, I could have dozens of them, so eh.

Well thats ok for people with blueprints, and as stated by @Muf-Muf "to compensate for any lost population and culture", surely it would be more than 1 rr spell for free as 1 wont upgrade a building to compensate for the losses.

Timneh

Artisan
That promise was made when 1 blueprint was going to become 1 RR so the compensation should be however many RR the conversion rate for blueprints to RR is now

m4rt1n

Adept
That promise was made when 1 blueprint was going to become 1 RR so the compensation should be however many RR the conversion rate for blueprints to RR is now

My suggestion for the compensation would be the equivalent of reaching chest 10 in the tournament, so 1 blueprint and 5RR.

That way non tournament players would be able to try out the new crafting once and have enough RR for 1 average 5x3 event building from the past.

Any news on this @Muf-Muf @Dizzy Lizzie

In my opinion this would encourage more players into fellowship and tournament participation and be beneficial to Inno as a whole. :)

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
That makes a lot of sense. The original idea was for 1 RR spell which was the same as 1 blueprint so equal exchange. 1 blueprint was the reward for reaching chest 10 in a tourney so 1 blueprint and 5 RR spells would be the same as reaching chest 10 with the new RR system.