• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Rise of the Phoenix Cult

Sigyn

Spellcaster
Also your FS has absolutely nothing to do with you finishing the event or not, nor will they care... Unless of course they want to make a bird picture the entry requirement for your FS ;)

I know they are nothing to do with quest chain - I meant I log on to chat etc. My fellowship are a really lovely group from all over the world so there is usually someone online etc.
I've only been playing for just over a year so i've not that much knowledge of the older quest chains - i do prefer when you can complete in a few days this daily stuff is an extra annoyance tbh.

DeletedUser5181

Both of them are good for bracelet production.

In general terms, both of them also give large amounts of coins, which is good for negotiators. Storm gives large amounts of supplies, which is good for the same reason. Aureate provides a big amount of T1 as part of its regular production.
I am curious...which is better? The storm or the aureate? Does anyone have both that can compare them?

Pauly7

Magus
I am curious...which is better? The storm or the aureate? Does anyone have both that can compare them?
Better for which reason? For a Fellowship Adventure the Aureate gives slightly more of a benefit than Storm for Bracelets, but not by a huge amount. However Storm Phoenix gives out a lot of supplies, so it depends what you need the most. They're both well worth having for me though.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I found that your chapter level may influence your decision on which of these two are the best.

In low chapters where you have a lot of manus, Aureate is the best as the feeding effect is applicable to all manus. The daily T1 production is also relative more than you would get in higher chapters. With that I mean that tapping it will usually fill a quest during events or get you a badge during FAs. Not completely enough in higher chapters. Not working on sentient productions as far as we could see.

Storm is best when you have a few manus and enough MMs to boost them. It will double (at max level) the production of the blessed manus. It works on both normal and sentient production. Its gives daily tools and mana for those already in the mana chapters. This is why Storm is a better choice for me in higher chapters.

Like Pauly7 said, depends on why you want it, but the above considerations are what I would take into account if I could only place one of the two.

Pauly7

Magus
Here is a previous calculation I did on the Aureate vs Storm Phoenix for T1 production. This is based on a level 31 marble manufactory on a 9 hour production:

Base production value for 9 hours = 1,290
Relic boost (700%) = 9,030
Mountain Halls boost (56%) = 722.4
Aureate feeding boost = 3,870

So, in 9 hours the Aureate gives me 1,290+9,030+722.4+3870 = 14,912
In 9 hours the Storm gives me 23,743
Aureate effect combined with MM spell = 24,605

So the Aureate wins for T1 production and (now that I think about it) I don't think the effect of the MH or ETC can ever make the Storm better.

Aureate Phoenix always gives a slightly greater amount of T1 provided that you also use the same MM spells that you would be using to get that boost from the Storm Phoenix. Remember, also, that there is an extra delivery of T1 goods from Aureate once every 48 hours, on top of this.

Storm Phoenix always wins if you are trying to boost sentient goods, as @BlueBlou says, or indeed T2 and T3 goods, because Storm boosts any MM spells, whereas Aureate only improves production in T1 manufactories.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Storm Phoenix always wins if you are trying to boost sentient goods, as @BlueBlou says, or indeed T2 and T3 goods, because Storm boosts any MM spells, whereas Aureate only improves production in T1 manufactories.
I beg to differ that Aureate only boosts T1. It also works on T2. I went and tested it and it definitely increased the production numbers.

Pauly7

Magus
I beg to differ that Aureate only boosts T1. It also works on T2. I went and tested it and it definitely increased the production numbers.
Sorry, I expect you're right. I just have it in my head that Aureate was a tool for Fellowship Adventures so I was just being stupid.

Gargon667

Mentor
Sorry, I expect you're right. I just have it in my head that Aureate was a tool for Fellowship Adventures so I was just being stupid.

it is a tool for FAs, but it still boosts all 3 tiers of standard goods :)

Gargon667

Mentor
Which is better for what?

For FAs the difference is so small you better make your choice based on other factors.

The main factor would be how many MM enchantments do you have/use. Because the Aureate works even without them, while they are obligatory for the Storm.

The Storm is more versatile as it can be used to produce anything that can be enchanted with MMs, rather than only Standard goods.

The regular 48h production is a matter of taste, but I personally prefer the Aureates T1 production over Mana/Supplies from the Storm. In chapters 6-8 I assume instead of mana you would get T3, so I guess that would be nice...