• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Rise of the Phoenix Cult

Toursy

Alchemist
If that was possible with evolving buildings then people wouldn't have quite the same concern with all of them being either mediocre or terrible. You can't teleport them, as @kimkimkim says, so you either commit to permanently wasting 16 squares of your city for 100-150 extra event currency each month, or you realise it's fairly pointless and don't bother.

Yes considering it's not possible then it will be useful only for one event and go to trash...

DeletedUser

This irked me quite a bit as well. I was just lucky this time that I prepared for the event and was so able to still get 6 Lava Eggs by burning though some time boosts. Putting the one most valuable building in this event on the 1st day is really, really nasty.
Well, it depends on whether the list will stay as it is shown on Elvengems: https://elvengems.com/phoenix-2021/daily-prizes/

Then we should get another go on day 11. But quite boring to flip through the same prizes one more time.

Deleted User - 341074

This irked me quite a bit as well. I was just lucky this time that I prepared for the event and was so able to still get 6 Lava Eggs by burning though some time boosts. Putting the one most valuable building in this event on the 1st day is really, really nasty.
On the plus side, spending currency on day 1 means having artifacts ready to convert when that recipe shows up. Silver lining?

Gargon667

Mentor
I agree, but in my head it seems even worse than that. Considering the quality of any prizes offered in this game has gone steadily downhill on an unnervingly straight line for a couple of years now, my guess at this point is InnoGames are fully aware of how even a pattern this really is. Most likely they're looking at two things. Firstly, number of active players in the game. Secondly, amount of revenue from diamond sales (plus anything else.) I believe they're looking for an optimum ratio of active players vs revenue.

If this is true then what they have probably found (and are still finding), is that the more resources they take away from players the more money people are spending and presumably the player base is not shrinking.

If, at some point, we see the downward curve start to flatten off, then that probably means they have hit the point where people aren't prepared to spend more to compensate. It doesn't seem to have happened yet.

Everything else is of no meaning to them. This forum is for us to complain between ourselves to try to feel better about what annoys us. They don't read it... and even if they did they wouldn't much care for anyone's feelings about anything. Perhaps.... perhaps.... some of our suggestions get to them and they consider them. However, they will only consider what new thing has the potential to increase revenue more. It will be nothing at all to do with what's fun or what will make people happy.

That is how capitalism works, Inno is just another company...

Melianora

Alchemist
On the plus side, spending currency on day 1 means having artifacts ready to convert when that recipe shows up. Silver lining?
:D Uhm, maybe, though I have 2 phoenix I want already at level 10 :)

Well, it depends on whether the list will stay as it is shown on Elvengems: https://elvengems.com/phoenix-2021/daily-prizes/

Then we should get another go on day 11. But quite boring to flip through the same prizes one more time.

The order is changed. I found a list on a german site, that looks to have to actual live list. Sofar the daily prizes we already know about match those from that list and there is no more Lava Egg on that list. I would not mind being suprised though :eek:

Toursy

Alchemist
I also saw a phoenix artifact craft requiring 3 blue prints.
This sounds bad... they give the possibility to finish to upgrade other phoenix, but will the chance to craft it be enough? I mean someone getting on the event has two choices, upgrade old ones or upgrade new one, there is no half way in this... so if you choose to upgrade old ones they better give us enough possibilities to get the crafts (already two for one should be enough...no need to had anything else in the crafting recipe...) or else this event will be considered like a total failure if you can get neither the new one level 10 neither old ones finished...

Deleted User - 341074

if you choose to upgrade old ones they better give us enough possibilities to get the crafts...
5-6 artifactsfrom spire
1 ash converted from 2 given by the FA
2 from the 3 blueprint recipe
--
8-9 Artifacts for Old Bird and you get to keep all of the new ones for the Ash if you want.
There's also probably 2 Ash from the FA that you can use or convert if you are short.
If like many players your luck in the spire sucked then YMMV

Laurelin

Sorcerer
That is how capitalism works, Inno is just another company...
Well, yes - but that could equally be said of every profit-making entity, from market stall to megacorp, since Capitalism (the merits of which I will refrain from debating...) has existed, and yet I well remember the days when almost all businesses prided themselves (as some still do, of course) not only on the profitability but also on the quality and longevity of their products, as well as their overall corporate reputation, levels of customer satisfaction, and customer service skills - which also seem to be dying concepts in the world of business in general and gaming in particular, now that many [primarily mobile] games no longer possess any form of (especially live) Tech Support - or even a basic customer contact method, at worst.

(NB : I am often inclined to criticise InnoGames's strategic decisions, and this post isn't going to disappoint (?!) in that regard, but I am always pleased to say that their Support staff, whenever I have needed them, are invariably dedicated, knowledgeable, helpful, polite, and available 24/7... in the form of real employed people, too, not just static pre-written FAQs, horrid moronic 'chat bots' (grrr, hate hate!), and/or fan-created Wikis and online tools/utils, some of which are excellent, of course, but some of which... well, aren't. That said, Elvenar's voluntary community-run resources are also top-notch, of course; we are certainly spoiled for choice when it comes to help and support of all kinds!).

While any business in a Capitalist system obviously needs to make money, it's sad to see this becoming the only goal, now that the old concepts of integrity, quality, value for money, customer loyalty, and, most old-fashioned of all, simple pride in one's work and reputation are increasingly (and knowingly) sacrificed by major gaming companies on the altar of the ever-rapacious Great God of Profit Above All Other Considerations Bar None... :/

And as for how this spiel of mine relates to the current Phoenix Event, well: once again, we are handed an Event which I find to be not only generally lacking in novelty, inspiration, and effort [with the exception of some of the new graphics], but one which is also - once again - inferior to that which preceded it (the Elvarian Carnival). And this is why I am rambling on about the difference between the profit-only motive (which is, I contend, the root cause of this Event's - and others' - ever-more lacklustre nature) and the more quality-orientated approach of most gaming companies in years past - and of some in the present day, too. It is very doubtful that, despite the several mobile-friendly and shiny, but merely superficial, Event UI alterations* which have been made in comparison with last year's Phoenix Event, and even the previous Event(s) of this year, the content of the current Event is, in practical terms for most players, anything other than noticeably inferior to last year's offering, and - again - even the last Event's offering, and it is this constant prioritising of the profit-motive (alone) above game quality (and fun!) and pride in one's work which I find so disappointing.

* (Side note : Did the browser version of the Diamond Shop, of all things, really need to be altered, in the past day or so, to match the mobile client's graphics? Was there really nothing else more important - like some non-tediously-repeating Event Quests, for example - to work on right now? /sigh...)

I cannot imagine any gaming company of my youth, nor yet a decent indie developer of today, intentionally nerfing or simply removing in-game content that players have learned to love, to anticipate, and even to rely upon (e.g. : Chest side-prizes yet again reduced in value; Phoenix functionality inferior; new Daily Prize buildings mediocre; Lava Eggs difficult to win; and Burning Pools absent, according to Beta), cutting back on desirable 'extras' such as high-quality promotional graphics (see my extensive whinge above on this particular aspect of the Event), or spending a small fortune on publicity puffs (including such costly non-essentials as 'Social Media Analysts') while - it seems - paying for all of this by reducing what were once universally considered non-optional core aspects of computer games, such as excellent and regular new creative content, frequent and credible attention to in-game balance (Scrolls, for pity's sake...?!), useful Quality of Life improvements, and just as importantly as all of these, two-way real communication between developers [themselves] and players (as opposed to merely 'talking at' players... viz. vapid Facebook/Instagram fluff)... who are, of course, the people whom gaming companies once sought keenly both to impress and to retain as well as to profit from.

I have never accepted that profit must equate to outright greed, and 'Capitalism' is not, in my view, a magic word which explains - or excuses - all.

Toursy

Alchemist
5-6 artifactsfrom spire
1 ash converted from 2 given by the FA
2 from the 3 blueprint recipe
--
8-9 Artifacts for Old Bird and you get to keep all of the new ones for the Ash if you want.
There's also probably 2 Ash from the FA that you can use or convert if you are short.
If like many players your luck in the spire sucked then YMMV
Recently Spire offers others Artifacts
Blueprints, sorry but I don't want to put them into artifacts since we are all already struggling with RR...
I'm actually talking about the possibilities to craft them in the MA, if it never shows up or with very costly recipes then that's a fail... (in my opinion).
Since I don't want to upgrade Ash Phoenix, I don't see the purpose to have it sleeping in inventory when I'm supposed to be able to change them for old phoenix artifacts.

hawk the slayer

Spellcaster
Help!!! I was on the quest that asked you to "summon units using instants or negotiate 3 encounters". I thought maybe to summon was to use time boosts but that didn't work so opened a few chests until I had won troops 3 times but that didn't work either, seems they go directly into your camp now and dont show as an "instant" anymore. I gave up and did the alternative but would like to know what I did wrong for the future and also to let the FS know how this quest can be done by summoning units.

Melianora

Alchemist
Help!!! I was on the quest that asked you to "summon units using instants or negotiate 3 encounters". I thought maybe to summon was to use time boosts but that didn't work so opened a few chests until I had won troops 3 times but that didn't work either, seems they go directly into your camp now and dont show as an "instant" anymore. I gave up and did the alternative but would like to know what I did wrong for the future and also to let the FS know how this quest can be done by summoning units.
Hey Hawk, best way is to negotiate 3 encounters in one of your scouted provinces. Otherwise you will have to wait until one of the daily prizes come up that give troop instant spells. Would be good to share that detail in our FS as well :)

DeletedUser

The order is changed. I found a list on a german site, that looks to have to actual live list. Sofar the daily prizes we already know about match those from that list and there is no more Lava Egg on that list. I would not mind being suprised though :eek:
A few differences between the lists. But no one knows which is right; They could also both be wrong ;)

Lelanya

Mentor
It's a troop instant. I ignore these in my inventory, typically, so it was an easy finish for me on Beta, and will be the same here, the exception will be Rangers, especially in my smaller cities.:cool:

DeletedUser

Practically all Event prizes are inconsequential for advanced players. It seems that Events are more rewarding and more fun for newer players who have smaller cities. If it keeps them engaged and active then it's a good thing.
I have 2 cities, one at the beginning of ch15 and the other beginning of ch12, and i can see that the game is very un-even.

I took a long break and came back after 1½ year. I then deleted every building that was now an AW, an evolving building or a Magic residence. I didn't expect to come back. Both cities are build in the same manner, with catering being its focus. So every building, AW or evolving is the same in both.

In my ch12 city i have a really hard time keeping up with pop demand, whereas in my ch15 i don't know what to do with them, and all the space too. In ch12 the buildings which can be won in this event are useful, they give enough pop compared, so they are worth it. But going to ch15. Nope, not at all worth it. Well, for one reason of course; I have to many pop i can't even use them.

But looking at both cities and what i have build and how many residences i have and evolving building + AW's. There's simply a lot less pop and space to work with in ch12 vs ch15. I haven't done any real math one it, but the numbers are so far apart that it's not needed to see the difference.

On another note, the extra, seeds, mana and whatever those event buildings give are just not worth the space. And that i think for both ch cities.

Pauly7

Magus
Practically all Event prizes are inconsequential for advanced players. It seems that Events are more rewarding and more fun for newer players who have smaller cities. If it keeps them engaged and active then it's a good thing.
The great thing for Inno about newer players is that they weren't here to see prizes when they were much better, so the event prizes become much more relevant. For me, by this point, there's zero chance that a new event won building is going to replace something that I already have, unless it's purely because I like how it looks so much. That's pretty unusual though.

Sir Derf

Adept
Felt a little odd...

Quest 36 had a single goal.
Quest 37 has three goals.

Did a goal slip across the dividing lines in the coding list?