• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Rise of the Phoenix Cult

Pauly7

Magus
I hadn´t even looked at the dailies yet, not ingame or on a list lol. I heard there is a troop instant or two, so i hope someone in the chat will let me know when that is, otherwise I´ll end up with a whole bunch of nonsense...
It's almost exciting to get a merc camp troop instant.

Hekata

Artisan
But wait, there's the 100 egg letter from inno!
and... BAM! 8,000 archers! LMAO
You're lucky again, I got about 3500 elven sorceresses for my free gift :D

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
Can someone confirm if the old Phoenix bases are craftable as well? I have a Fire Phoenix base from the previous chapter, and would like to upgrade it to a current one, but don't want to risk selling it unless I know there's at least a chance for a replacement.

Pauly7

Magus
Can someone confirm if the old Phoenix bases are craftable as well? I have a Fire Phoenix base from the previous chapter, and would like to upgrade it to a current one, but don't want to risk selling it unless I know there's at least a chance for a replacement.
I believe so. I crafted one of the bases in Beta yesterday, so I imagine they're available on Live too.

Hekata

Artisan
There's time yet!
I think today is the last day on beta (last prize at least) so the time is up. Unless they give us different prizes on live, this is going to be the first Phoenix event without a burning pool :( I don't like the new Phoenix building as much as the old ones. They are nice just not my style and colour scheme.

Pauly7

Magus
I think today is the last day on beta (last prize at least) so the time is up. Unless they give us different prizes on live, this is going to be the first Phoenix event without a burning pool :( I don't like the new Phoenix building as much as the old ones. They are nice just not my style and colour scheme.
There's still 39 and a half hours on the clock so there should be one more daily. Mind you the last day prize is usually an anti-climax.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@Hekata : It's my guess that the best Resource-producing buildings of pretty much all types - such as Burning Pools, Lava Eggs, and so on - are now within the sights of Inno's game-wide drive to drag the maximum amount of income out of Elvenar while it still remains, as it is, very near or even at the peak of its earnings potential (citations available). I could write a dull essay to justify this opinion, but I'll spare everyone my ultra-lengthy waffle and just say that it's been apparent to me, and others, I'm sure, for some time that such 'powerhouse' buildings (which much reduce one's need to spend real money in-game, especially as each new Chapter continues to require more and more Resources) will, by and large, be removed from Events (where they can be won for free, even if some grinding is required) and either moved into Crafting (quite likely, as with other such desirable staples as Orc Nests, Festival Merchants, 5-day Combat Boost buildings, etc. - all of which were, originally Event-sourced items), offered for real money (don't put it past them), or simply disappeared forever, in the case of the most powerful of them (I hope not, but hey... Wishing Wells and Sets, anyone?).

And why do I think this? Well, because sustained and useful (not just occasional/random) Crafting = Spire (in quite a dedicated fashion, too), and for the very large majority of the playerbase, dedicated Spire = spending real money on Diamonds, whether it be to buy extra Diplomacy turns (mostly), to buy Resources for Diplomacy (not so much), or to buy new Troops when they run out (probably only newer players or die-hard, impatient, and wealthy combat lovers). And yes, I am well aware that there are some players, a high percentage of whom post on these Forums, who make a net Diamond profit in the Spire... but it's a very small minority of the playerbase at large, especially the new and inexperienced players who have so evidently become Inno's primary target market.

Not for nothing has Inno so carefully and determinedly pushed the Spire - and the Crafting upon which it depends - onto front and centre stage of the game (as with Guild Expeditions in FoE [i.e. Spire Mk.I] - or even to a greater extent, since Elvenar players are higher spenders, by and large), even though this kind of highly competitive, Resource-draining (indeed, Resource-sinking) and peer pressure-heavy feature really has no place in a City-building game, when you think about it. There is the argument, which applies to a small handful of players, that this kind of repeating 'event' in mobile games gives end-game players something to do, but it's quite obvious that this is more of a useful side-effect than it is the Spire's primary purpose.

And no, I don't like the very heavy-handed 'Revenue > Gameplay' direction which the game is taking, not one bit. But we must work with what we have.

Oh, and: this has already been mentioned on the Beta Forums, but I think it's a good idea not to celebrate (and certainly not ask for) the return of the 'go-to' high-powered Resource-producing buildings when each new and/or repeat Event arrives. There is a view that Inno's management don't pay attention to the content of these Forums, but I'd say that the moving of the Lava Egg (much anticipated on the Forums - and probably on Social Media as well) to the first day of the Event, meaning that barring a repeat of this building, few will be won, stands in contradiction of this view. It also stands as evidence of a pretty mean-spirited philosophy amongst Inno's senior strategists, but again: there is little that we 'mere' players can do about that.

m4rt1n

Adept
Tech or VV, Scout or VV back to back...

Same as last time, no tech as I am endgame, scouts take over 5 days each.

Why is it the same alternative each time over and over, so boring and unimaginative...

To top that I used all my stock of CC spells in the Adventure last week so am still recovering so VV is not so easy to keep creating. :(

Pauly7

Magus
It's my guess that the best Resource-producing buildings of pretty much all types - such as Burning Pools, Lava Eggs, and so on - are now within the sights of Inno's game-wide drive to drag the maximum amount of income out of Elvenar while it still remains, as it is, very near or even at the peak of its earnings potential (citations available).
I agree, but in my head it seems even worse than that. Considering the quality of any prizes offered in this game has gone steadily downhill on an unnervingly straight line for a couple of years now, my guess at this point is InnoGames are fully aware of how even a pattern this really is. Most likely they're looking at two things. Firstly, number of active players in the game. Secondly, amount of revenue from diamond sales (plus anything else.) I believe they're looking for an optimum ratio of active players vs revenue.

If this is true then what they have probably found (and are still finding), is that the more resources they take away from players the more money people are spending and presumably the player base is not shrinking.

If, at some point, we see the downward curve start to flatten off, then that probably means they have hit the point where people aren't prepared to spend more to compensate. It doesn't seem to have happened yet.

Everything else is of no meaning to them. This forum is for us to complain between ourselves to try to feel better about what annoys us. They don't read it... and even if they did they wouldn't much care for anyone's feelings about anything. Perhaps.... perhaps.... some of our suggestions get to them and they consider them. However, they will only consider what new thing has the potential to increase revenue more. It will be nothing at all to do with what's fun or what will make people happy.

m4rt1n

Adept
I agree, but in my head it seems even worse than that. Considering the quality of any prizes offered in this game has gone steadily downhill on an unnervingly straight line for a couple of years now, my guess at this point is InnoGames are fully aware of how even a pattern this really is. Most likely they're looking at two things. Firstly, number of active players in the game. Secondly, amount of revenue from diamond sales (plus anything else.) I believe they're looking for an optimum ratio of active players vs revenue.

If this is true then what they have probably found (and are still finding), is that the more resources they take away from players the more money people are spending and presumably the player base is not shrinking.

If, at some point, we see the downward curve start to flatten off, then that probably means they have hit the point where people aren't prepared to spend more to compensate. It doesn't seem to have happened yet.

Everything else is of no meaning to them. This forum is for us to complain between ourselves to try to feel better about what annoys us. They don't read it... and even if they did they wouldn't much care for anyone's feelings about anything. Perhaps.... perhaps.... some of our suggestions get to them and they consider them. However, they will only consider what new thing has the potential to increase revenue more. It will be nothing at all to do with what's fun or what will make people happy.

Very well said @Pauly7 me and a few of my fellows, some long timers slowly quitting the game one by one, you have said it how we all feel. :)

Toursy

Alchemist
They don't read it... and even if they did they wouldn't much care for anyone's feelings about anything. Perhaps.... perhaps.... some of our suggestions get to them and they consider them

Well they do read this forum, at least that's what I think since last time I complained about the quest line story and this time they made some improvements about it to make it more interesting, it's a good step and I always can't wait to see what will be next in the story line.

I think it's a bit a pity to have the same event structure than the last one (open chests), even if I prefer this kind of gameplay since we can (at least) choose what kind of rewards we prefer. I can tell that it's more difficult than previous event, the "medium" chest doesn't provide as much possibilities to get the event currency anymore... with means it's much more difficult. For yet the quests are also demanding much more time since they ask for actions which requires a lot of hours... My opinion would be to let the first quests be faster (with easy and quick actions) to get the players to go in easily, and once they've finished enough quests make it harder and longer so they won't stop to get into the event since they want to get their building level 10 and already reached 5 levels for example.

For main building of this event I'm a bit disappointed, the pet effect is not as bad as they said here, yes if you get 1000 then you get 2% so 20, but since we don't get 1000 currency in one time, and each quest gives at least 1 (2 if up level 2) then you can get around 76-150 extra currency, maybe to get it a bit better daily quests (for getting connected) could also benefit from that effect.
Me I directly settled the building in my city, and after all why not, get 1 extra currency for each quest and just one pet food required (then I'll move it back to inventory), but if you upgrade it level 2 you don't need to get to level 10 (if I understood well) to get as much extra currency... so what you can do it's put it down for events, then get it pack to inventory, and put it down again to next event and so on... just having it level 2.

Concerning the artwork on the charging page, it is amazing, and buildings looks great (they are just balanced with other one, and have for main purpose to exchange older ones with new ones since it's impossible to get enough RR). Just I think a bit of new gameplay would be nice since I never had to change much of my normal game habits to get at the end of an event.
The game looks like using the same style with FOE, I don't know if it's possible to just share the code from one game to another one (if not you may consider to do it to save time for both games), but maybe you could think about what they do for their events (as you already did for Halloween event). Events are a big part of this kind of games since it can be too repetitive.

Last edited:

DeletedUser501

Enchanter

You have said it all buddy, what is happening right now with Elvenar no only with the Events, but also tournament, Spire, new chapters, those lines explain it totally well.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
The game looks like using the same style with FOE, I don't know if it's possible to just share the code from one game to another one (if not you may consider to do it to save time for both games), but maybe you could think about what they do for their events (as you already did for Halloween event).
@Toursy : It would appear that you started Elvenar in mid-2020 (although if you're a veteran with multiple IDs, please excuse this assumption!). But in any case, Elvenar originally was and still is largely based on FoE, minus FoE's direct PvP element, and it is indeed much the same game, code-wise, with different graphics and a few sub-elements altered here and there. For example: the Spire is effectively a re-working of FoE's Guild Expeditions - albeit with the 'Extra Turn in Diplomacy' option from the FoE Friends' Tavern removed.

Likewise, you are right in that Elvenar's 2020 Hallowe'en Event was effectively a graphically altered version of the same Event in FoE - and I would be very surprised if it did NOT return, in due course, as it does in FoE. Indeed, I would be surprised if Elvenar did not continue, in future, to follow the same pattern of adopting/adapting various elements of FoE - which is still InnoGames's highest-earning game, with ~50% of total revenue.

Events are a big part of this kind of games since it can be too repetitive.
While the core game of Elvenar is certainly slow-paced, at my own (early mid-game) stage of progress, the increasingly frequent and similar Events - each closely followed by a Fellowship Adventure with Event-related Artifacts as main prizes - are now themselves becoming rather repetitive. I would much welcome some 'empty' and pressure-free in-game time between the game's many 'happenings' (to avoid re-using the term 'event'), to concentrate on managing my City as it grows in complexity and make general core game progress without the interruption and commitments of a constantly repeating series of these more or less Resource-draining 'happenings' (Tournaments and Spire included). Earlier and end-game Cities, of course, have less in terms of core game content to manage - so having said this, I can see both sides of the argument, and I speak only for myself!

Concerning the artwork on the charging page, it is amazing [...]
As it happens, I was planning to bring up the Event artwork myself, but your post prompts me to mention it now... and once again, I'm afraid I very much disagree on this. In fact, I find this Event's loading screen to be one of the least appealing I've seen in some three years now (although the loading screen for the 'Elvarian Carnival' Event earlier this year was arguably even worse in some ways, and a few others of recent times also come close, too). If this artwork was not intentionally drawn in some kind of 'pseudo-Impressionist' style (and in fact, even if it was, since this style is certainly somewhat incongruous in the context of the game's overall art style), it strikes me as being simply lazily put together, or perhaps even unfinished. It has the look of being a 'work in progress', with much detail missing, rather than a carefully finished piece. Perhaps it looks good (or at least better?) on a mobile phone, due to being greatly reduced in size, but on a PC, I feel that this image leaves much to be desired - and I make this observation because Elvenar's primary selling point is its high-quality graphics and artwork, which leads one to expect just that: high quality.

Here is the image in full (PC/browser) size, for reference:

Background_Image_Easter_Phoenix_Event_2021_01a_Full.jpg

... and here, by way of example of what I am talking about, is a cropped section which I've marked to point out just a few faults which I can see:

Background_Image_Easter_Phoenix_Event_2021_01b_Edited.jpg

1. Humanoid figures A-1 and A-2 don't even have recognisable faces, despite being prominent foreground elements;
2. Figure B-1 appears to have a truncated left leg [a tiny angled foot is just about visible] and a very odd general body shape and stance, and B-2 is so poorly defined that I didn't even realise it was a humanoid figure at all before I saved the image and took a close look at it; and
3. The two flying Phoenixes at C-1 and C-2, which are presumably meant to be the centrepiece of the Event, are barely recognisable as birds of any kind, especially C-2, let alone wondrous and majestic mythical creatures, as the Event storyline (and general tradition, of course) describes them.

All in all, and as I've said, this artwork appears to be either rather hastily and/or lazily done, or an unfinished piece - at least to my eye.

Edited to Add : By way of comparison, here is a section of the above-mentioned artwork for the 2021 Elvarian Carnival Event:

Background_Image_Elvarian_Carnival_Event_2021_01b_Edited.jpg

... not only does this appear to be the work of the same artist(s), to judge by its overall style, but this also has similar faults, in my opinion. The most obvious problem is the central (presumably Halfling) figures, who are, in my view, very poorly done, with strange postures and body shapes, semi-crazed expressions, odd (even impossible) hand angles, and non-detailed, unfinished-looking features, but there are many other problems, too:

1. The slapdash brushwork at A and B is very apparent to my eye, especially the white layer painted over the dark water (behind the floating food);
2. The small background figures at C are inadequately defined and oddly physically shaped, as well as drawn in strange and unrealistic postures; and
3. The figure at D is even more sloppily drawn, and once again, I did not even recognise it as a figure until I saved and studied the image.

If this unfinished and/or hasty-looking art style is becoming a 'theme' in the game, I can't say that I find it an improvement on past glories...!

Last edited:

BeerGutt

Novice
Anyone else having the same problem as me ? everything else is fine but now 3 or 4 times or so I have won the 1xportal filler thing and each time I do it freezes the game and I have to reload, it only does it with the portal filler none of the other prizes .

Pauly7

Magus
Anyone else having the same problem as me ? everything else is fine but now 3 or 4 times or so I have won the 1xportal filler thing and each time I do it freezes the game and I have to reload, it only does it with the portal filler none of the other prizes .
Yeah this was a bug that was reported in Beta. It only seemed to effect that one prize on that one day, so by the time they came to do anything about it they decided that they couldn't recreate the problem and so didn't fix it. The good news is that everything should be OK tomorrow.

Pauly7

Magus
Well they do read this forum, at least that's what I think since last time I complained about the quest line story and this time they made some improvements about it to make it more interesting, it's a good step and I always can't wait to see what will be next in the story line.
I'm not saying they are completely oblivious to the forum, but I've reached the point that I suspect not a single dev ever logs into it. Information from feedback threads and (of course) bug reports, is fed back to them by the CMs and the mods. If you've said something in feedback that many other people also said, if it's straightforward to fix, if they consider it may increase revenue (or at least not reduce it) and if it's something they were considering anyway... then yes you may get a hit and you get a positive out of it. It happens... laws of averages.

But... do I think they're sat here reading through these pages and thinking "hey, that change will cheer that person up - let's do it!"..? ... No, not for a second.

Me I directly settled the building in my city, and after all why not, get 1 extra currency for each quest and just one pet food required (then I'll move it back to inventory), but if you upgrade it level 2 you don't need to get to level 10 (if I understood well) to get as much extra currency... so what you can do it's put it down for events, then get it pack to inventory, and put it down again to next event and so on... just having it level 2.
If that was possible with evolving buildings then people wouldn't have quite the same concern with all of them being either mediocre or terrible. You can't teleport them, as @kimkimkim says, so you either commit to permanently wasting 16 squares of your city for 100-150 extra event currency each month, or you realise it's fairly pointless and don't bother.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Well, I was happy to see this morning that in my low chapter city, I got a 50% tool refill instead of a PP. Went for it as my general feel for the PP was to skip spinning today. No, no freezes for me, but I play on app and we rarely get freezes.

Melianora

Alchemist
but I'd say that the moving of the Lava Egg (much anticipated on the Forums - and probably on Social Media as well) to the first day of the Event, meaning that barring a repeat of this building, few will be won, stands in contradiction of this view. It also stands as evidence of a pretty mean-spirited philosophy amongst Inno's senior strategists, but again: there is little that we 'mere' players can do about that.

This irked me quite a bit as well. I was just lucky this time that I prepared for the event and was so able to still get 6 Lava Eggs by burning though some time boosts. Putting the one most valuable building in this event on the 1st day is really, really nasty.