• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Rise of the Phoenix Cult

Deleted User - 341074

If you would like a sneak peek at what we have recorded in actual game play in Beta Server, as well as all the prizes and daily exclusives and event screenshots and comments, you will find a link to our event notes here, in the 'News From Beta' thread:
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/rise-of-the-phoenix-cult-questline-beta-event.14165/
Wait, so we are not allowed to post our link to the quest list that we made but we can post a link to the thread where we posted the link to our quest list?
Are any of you seeing how silly this is?
I totally understand and even fully support a "no spoilers" policy, but this is next-level hand-holding where we can't even use the built-in feature that these forums come with:
You looked here, that's on you.

Why are the EN forums the ONLY ones that don't let players make their own decisions on what they do or do not wish to read?

Deleted User - 341074

If you would like a sneak peek at what we have recorded in actual game play in Beta Server, as well as all the prizes and daily exclusives and event screenshots and comments, you will find a link to our event notes here, in the 'News From Beta' thread:
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/rise-of-the-phoenix-cult-questline-beta-event.14165/
Wait, so we are not allowed to post our link to the quest list that we made but we can post a link to the thread where we posted the link to our quest list?
@Herodite are of you seeing how silly this is?
I totally understand and even fully support a "no spoilers" policy, but this is next-level hand-holding where we can't even use the built-in feature that these forums come with:
You looked here, that's on you.

Why are the EN forums the ONLY ones that don't let players make their own decisions on what they do or do not wish to read?

Timneh

Artisan
we do not allow publication of the Quest Lists on the Forum until the Event goes Live.

But if anyone wants to see a quest list they can always go to Elven gems.

I stopped playing a week or so before the last event started. I returned today and within 10 mins remembered why i stopped playing and the upcoming event does not give me any reason to play it so i will be missing this one as well and probably all future events as well. My break from the game this time is going to be a lot longer than my last one. In my opinion events have become boring and pointless and to a certain degree are killing the game.

Deleted User - 341074

In my opinion events have become boring and pointless and to a certain degree are killing the game.
Yup. Like @Gargon667 I too feel that
"Almost no effort for almost no reward"
is the wrong direction for events and they only seem to be going further down that road.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi Guys, I just wanted to clarify a few things concerning the discussion.

We have always been able to announce the Event a few days prior to it starting giving everyone a bit of Background and also a peek at the Evolving Building that players will work towards completing. Now we are also aware that a lot of you here have already completed this Event in BETA and will have strong opinions, and also Hints and Tips such as Quest Lines to aid other players.

We would politely ask that any significant spoilers concerning the Quest Line, and Exclusive Buildings be omitted from this discussion until of course the Event has gone Live. As always, all significant information about the Event that is "pre-Live" can be posted and discussed within the designated BETA Thread.

The posting of the BETA Thread on here is not an issue however, direct links to Quest Lines that may differ (and have differed in the past) in Live Worlds can cause confusion. We have to consider those players who wish to enter the event with fresh eyes :)

Other than that, have at it!

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Pauly7

Magus
We would politely ask that any significant spoilers concerning the Quest Line, and Exclusive Buildings be omitted from this discussion until of course the Event has gone Live. As always, all significant information about the Event that is "pre-Live" can be posted and discussed within the designated BETA Thread.
I take @SoggyShorts point though, which I don't think you answered. You deleted his link to the quest list, but then @Jackluyt posted a link which practically said: click this link to go to a link of the quest list, and that one is somehow OK.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Pauly7 Apologies, I thought I explained that direct links to the Quest Lines are unable to be posted at this time as they contain information gathered from the BETA Event. That Information may differ to that of the Live event. If @SoggyShorts wishes to place this Link into the BETA Thread, and in turn post the link to the BETA Thread here, that is perfectly fine :)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Well, the Ashen Phoenix is one of the most awful evolving buildings conceived of and should be avoided by all, unless you like to collect all the different birds.

The light at the end of the tunnel is that the option is there to convert each 2 Ashen Phoenix artefacts into 1 2019 Phoenix Artefact. Anyone who doesn't have all three 2019 birds fully evolved already should be taking this second option and it's nice to see it there.

If you have all three 2019 Phoenixes, as I do, then I don't see very much to make me interested in this event. There are a few nice looking new daily exclusives, but nothing with stats to blow you away. The kicker is that they've sneakily nerfed the troop instants by now describing them just as a certain number of units, which now masks the fact that you're only winning 1 or 2 squads at a time, rather than 5 or 10 in other recent events.

So I literally see nothing for me here this time round. I will play of course, but probably try to just win any KP instants that are on offer.

It's not as bad as you make it sound.

It would be worse is every event building would be another brown bear or fire phoenix.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
@Pauly7 Apologies, I thought I explained that direct links to the Quest Lines are unable to be posted at this time as they contain information gathered from the BETA Event. That Information may differ to that of the Live event. If @SoggyShorts wishes to place this Link into the BETA Thread, and in turn post the link to the BETA Thread here, that is perfectly fine :)

I think this is a bad move.

It would be great if these kind of list return to the forums,
This way you are accomplishng the opposith of your intention as it drives away people to external sites instead of keeping them here.

I would love to see some of the information return where it originally came from, the forums.
To do that you should allow such information to return.

Jackluyt

Shaman
@CrazyWizard I don't want people to think we're stifling information. We greatly appreciate those players that take the time out to collate this information for the benefit of others. We're just asking for patience :)

I do see and agree with the logic behind this. The best solution of course would be for InnoGames to post the entire Quest List in the Wiki at the start of the event, together with the daily prizes. This would ensure that the information was accurate, straight from the horse's mouth so to speak. And it would do away with the need for 'Spoiler lists' from third party sites entirely!!

I know many players who would be happy to gain their event information directly from official sources. Myself included - it would be a lot less work for me!!
:) :)

Alcaro

Necromancer
Unfortunately this pattern of boring event followed by the FA, boring event, FA, rinse and repeat is somewhat nausea inducing. This event is pretty much the same as every other event, it doesn't matter if you get bored and quit before the end as you're sure to be able to pick up 2 artifacts from the FA.
- nothing to add. It describes perfectly my feelings towards all this vicious circle.

It is always nice to pick up 'filler items' in events - provided it does not take a lot of extra time and effort.
This event is actually quite easy to finish, just playing your normal game.
:)
- this doesn't sound like an EVENT to me. When I say "event" I should see myself excited about it, happy in my anticipation of the goodies we will get. At this moment I am totally exasperated of these so called events, followed by boring to death FA and again and again. Nothing is new except the artwork (which is lovely, I admit that and I give warm applause to the graphic designers).

In my opinion events have become boring and pointless and to a certain degree are killing the game.
- nothing to add just to emphasize what was said.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
I do see and agree with the logic behind this. The best solution of course would be for InnoGames to post the entire Quest List in the Wiki at the start of the event, together with the daily prizes. This would ensure that the information was accurate, straight from the horse's mouth so to speak. And it would do away with the need for 'Spoiler lists' from third party sites entirely!!

I know many players who would be happy to gain their event information directly from official sources. Myself included - it would be a lot less work for me!!
:) :)

I can see why you and a lot of players would want this and im happy to ask the question! But (and im saying this as a player and not a MOD) I always assumed that the reason Inno didn't publish that info, was simply because they wanted it part of the challenge, not knowing what was next. Of course they would never stop you guys from doing what you're doing though!

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
OK, that does make sense, but there seem to be ambiguities here.

You know, all in all it would be better for you to just not start this thread until the day the event starts, then all the chatter is kept in the Beta spoilers section and no confusion.

It'll be taken on board for next time :)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
There's not much to make it interesting. Perhaps I'm slightly overcritical because I still feel like the Phoenixes should be kind of flagships for Elvenar and this one is a slur on the phoenix brand.

I like it more than the coldphoenix.
I am pretty sure it will be used by many players.

We all know how "important" the fire phoenix can be, having a "lesser phoenix" means you can more easily make the choice to sacrifice it for a fire phoenix as a player who missed out on it earlier.

If it was good the choice would be much harder.
Fire phoenix and brown bear where oversights (brown bear before release actually had a +100% production bonus, so it was worse)
These buildings are so powerfull that they need to return over and over again.

They would either go nuts and turn every pet into a building of that level so that your swamped in them and can no longer choose where to spend your pet food on as you have to many options. or they have to make sure no buildings of that caliber are introduced so they do not have to find solution for more buildings that need to return.

There isn't much of a middleground.
If the power of the ashen phoenix would have been better they would also turn out to many prizes which might hurt there profit model, in turn they would increase the cost of prizes to counteract this. this would in turn lead to are nessesity to own one. you can see the rabbit hole I am walking in.

So I like it when phoenixes each year or "fun to have" but neither good nor bad.
I like this one more than the coldfire as it has more usability and is neither good nor bad, but fun for many non powerplayers.

Pauly7

Magus
We all know how "important" the fire phoenix can be, having a "lesser phoenix" means you can more easily make the choice to sacrifice it for a fire phoenix as a player who missed out on it earlier.
Fire Phoenix is clearly the best, so long as you are a fighter, but the Aureate Phoenix and Storm Phoenix are still very worthy buildings and should be no-brainers to concentrate on compared to Ashen.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Fire Phoenix is clearly the best, so long as you are a fighter, but the Aureate Phoenix and Storm Phoenix are still very worthy buildings and should be no-brainers to concentrate on compared to Ashen.

Not sure about that,
In a large part of the game you really do not need more regular production.

1 of the 2 is interesting for an FA as it makes some easier bracelets. but outside that which was introduced recently I do not find them better or worse then the coldfire or ashen phoenix. there niche buildings.

I think that the ashen phoenix is the most general of them all.
I expect as lot of people to build and use them in comming events. even if the extra event currency ain't that great. for many many players it will be fun and they like it. for "powerplayers" like us it's kinda useless but we are a minority.