• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Rise of the Phoenix Cult

CharryWang

Dreamer
Beta is not supposed to be one giant spoiler for us. I think that if Inno could have beta server that doesn’t leak all the info, they would be glad. I also have a beta city and obviously I play there without event spoilers. ;-)

Anyway, in my opinion the fact that Inno put the only specialized mana building (in a long long time) to the first and only first day of the event is bad by itself. It would be equally bad if they did it already on beta. Obviously we would have advantage of being warned on live servers, but that’s not the point.
If I DO know that Lava won't repeat again, then my 9,000 hours time booster will help me to gain enough Lava Egg for my new city plan.
but...
whatever... it happened... let's see if the last prize will change to Lave Egg or Not.
otherwise, the last prize is also a mana building, 1,441 mana per tile per day.
much lower than Lave Egg's 2,125 mana per tile per day, and most important... the size 3*4 not suitable for my city :(

Autumn Goldleaf

Spellcaster
I'm just wondering... Is there a reason for the Ashen Phoenix?
Are the devs nerfing the Stash Outpost in the future?
Are the Events going to have less quests?

CharryWang

Dreamer
All I know is, it's became harder to get Lv10 in the event.
I used to get Lv10 and 1 or 2 additional Artifact on 2020 and before
For the nearly few Event, I can only get to Lv8 or Lv9, the most lucky one, I won 2500+ event currency from the chest, so I got Lv10, but no additional.
maybe Inno is chasing us to buy some currency, the way they can earn money :(

Gargon667

Mentor
Events have been going downhill far longer than a year. Really since we had the unlimited questline in the first bear event, the rewards were insanely big, since then every events rewards were worse than before... now we are down to pretty much no more point of playing events.
But clearly the business works, if they didn´t make money with events they wouldn´t do it the way they do.

Hekata

Artisan

Hekata

Artisan
I need a little help folks: I need 5 more feathers to get my last artifact. I have completed all the quests and currently have 108 eggs with about 15 hours to go so let's say I can count on maybe 125 eggs (maybe a few more if it gets extended for an extra 9 hours as it seems to be lately). I've been offered chests 64, 79 and 113. What's my best option to try to get all 5 feathers? I'm thinking 79?

CharryWang

Dreamer
I need a little help folks: I need 5 more feathers to get my last artifact. I have completed all the quests and currently have 108 eggs with about 15 hours to go so let's say I can count on maybe 125 eggs (maybe a few more if it gets extended for an extra 9 hours as it seems to be lately). I've been offered chests 64, 79 and 113. What's my best option to try to get all 5 feathers? I'm thinking 79?
I will prefer 64, this one giving 28% chance to give you 50 eggs.
125 you will have, use 64, then 61 remain.
if get the 50 eggs, you will have 61+50 = 111, you will surely got chance to open next 3+ feathers chest.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
For business, they ARE fool, the suddenly change on Lava Egg and something else, will made new player leave, and old player stop paying.
as my fellow member said, many player left recently...
If I am a new player, I will also leave.
but I have played for 3 years, filled the city with all my love, can't leave but disappointed with the change of Inno. (cry)

This was actually a pretty decent move, this way you had a chance on a good building.
But not a dozen good buildings, this leaves room for new events to aquire new prizes.

One of the main complaints is that the prizes "are not good" but this is not really true, but of you had 10-20 of a good buildings in past events, then in the comming events those new buildings do not look that attractive anymore.

If you space out those gains over many events there there are many opportunities to get comething cool.

There is a good reason events on beta always have a huge disclaimer that beta != Live.
but people are so used to it, it would be better if from now on, each event would have all it's prizes on other days then on beta. this makes it more obvious.

But in essence it's a logical move.

Pauly7

Magus
Well the numbers say that 113 is best, but that's a risky game opening that chest once and hoping for the 200 essences. If you don't get it then you will need one more feather and maybe about 18 hours to find it. That could happen, should the 24 chest show up in the next rotation.

If you open the 64 chest you have the best chance of finding more currency, but it's still not a great chance and you would then likely need to find 3 more feathers with about 45 essences in hand. That will give you 2 more, if the 45 chest appears, but then you're still in the same position as if you had opened the 113.

I think you are right and 79 is best because you then have 3 feathers with 29 essences in hand. In this situation you will definitely win enough more to open the 45 chest following... if you get it.

Thutmosse

Novice
so I used all of my 6k essences (-/+10) on Arendyll (Elf) and Winyandor (Human); I try to maintain same progress on both worlds. I always took the chest with higherst chance for daily reward.

result:
I got 5 temples (my target reward I waited whole event on it) on Arendyll and 9 temples on Winyandor, KP's on Arendyll were like 160 against 100 on Winyandor. Also KP Instants I got more on Winyandor.

It is not the only event, that I have numbers like this...with less efforth my progress on Winyandor is way easier than Arendyll.

Is there a reason for it?

Besides, on Arendyll, the 23% chance for daily reward is way lower that 13% for unit instant, that I got from "113" chest quite regulary.
Now I can rework my whole city on Arendyll, because I calculated with 7 up to 9 Temples as a replacement for Willows (chapter 9).
I wonder, who's the Great Mind behind this.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I see lots of chicken avatars being used ...

Consider the positive side:
It does not take up space in the city
It does not expire after x number of days
It does not require pet food
It does not need a teleport spell to go back to storage
It is not gender specific

:)

Gargon667

Mentor
I see lots of chicken avatars being used ...

Consider the positive side:
It does not take up space in the city
It does not expire after x number of days
It does not require pet food
It does not need a teleport spell to go back to storage
It is not gender specific

:)

It does not have any use whatsoever :)

Pauly7

Magus
I got 5 temples (my target reward I waited whole event on it) on Arendyll and 9 temples on Winyandor, KP's on Arendyll were like 160 against 100 on Winyandor. Also KP Instants I got more on Winyandor.

It is not the only event, that I have numbers like this...with less efforth my progress on Winyandor is way easier than Arendyll.
It's just good luck, or bad luck, depending on what standpoint you're looking at it from. That's the nature of these random chances. You can get wildly different results between any two examples. Look at a thousand people though, or ten thousand, and you'll start to see it all even out.
I always took the chest with higherst chance for daily reward.
Just out of interest, do you mean you pick the box that gives the highest percentage number of winning a daily prize? If so that is, unfortunately, not the best system for winning dailies, if that was your aim.