• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Rise of the Phoenix Cult Questline BETA Event

Gargon667

Mentor
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the irony that there is a quest asking us to use 3 unite instants now that we don't get unit instants anymore :D
Ofc there is an alternative to that option but still... :D

Are you serious??? I haven´t looked at the quest list (I don´t really bother anymore lol). Maybe I should start reading the questlist for the entertainment factor? This is hilarious! Inno at its best! One guy invents a new quest to diversify quests and the other guy nerfs the prerequisite out of the event hahaha :rofl

Pauly7

Magus
A quest asking you to use troop instants seems quite hilarious to me. For me, though, it's just a silly error. There's an alternative quest so that's fine, but the alternative should just be "complete X encounters", not "negotiate X encounters" as the latter will stop a lot of people from being able to do it.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
because of some feedback on beta I started to look into some event buildings.
It looks they barely improve if improve at all past chapter 16.

Essentially this makes events kinda useless once you reach that stage

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Are devs trolling us @Silmaril ... Could you ask them why daily prizes and the main evolving building is mere trash? Are they preparing something better in the May event to repair this nonsense Phoenix event?
Why they took out time boosters to give us squads instants, then nerf those squads instants to very few squads per instant, and now disappearing squad instants completely? Bad jock from your bosses.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Which Chest is best?
Disclaimer: Use this information at own risk! I am not at all interested in geek play, but have included these for those who are.

NB - errors in the originals that I posted have now been corrected (13 March 2021)

160038373_10218801445967854_2216204399861391947_n.jpg

How these figures were derived - for those who like to play with a calculator
Comments are welcome!

The top set shows best chests for Grand Prizes in descending order top to bottom; the highlighted column shows the actual expense in Sky Essence per Flag.
The bottom set shows best chests for Grand Prizes in descending order top to bottom; the highlighted column shows the actual expense in Sky Essence per Daily Exclusive.

160046312_10218801447687897_4796937609719130692_o.jpg

Note that it may be better to take the smaller of two chests that are similar in expected yield, even if it is fractionally less likely to give the item you want. This is because if you don’t get the item you want, you will waste a lot more S E on the big chest - which you could use better on another, more advantageous chest.

Here is a link to Minmax Games's calculator from the previous event, for those who are into mathematical games - which I am not. https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/best-chests-event-strategy-calculators.20147/

158424089_10218770327069901_589257649634444765_n.jpg

Last edited:

Sir Derf

Adept
Oh, for pities sake! A fractional percentage chance for prize options? They couldn't split it up down to 1%, they had to go finer?

Sir Derf

Adept
Ashen Phoenix Feeding Effect...

is it 2% across the board, every Chapter, Every Evolution?

And 2% currency boost in Quest rewards? That's 1 for every 50. What happens for under 50 quests? What happens with a quest that gives, say 61?

2% boost? That's an extra 24 chest for every 1200 currency; an extra 137 chest for every 6,850 currency. Having done the math, does this seem worth it?

Pauly7

Magus
And 2% currency boost in Quest rewards? That's 1 for every 50. What happens for under 50 quests? What happens with a quest that gives, say 61?

2% boost? That's an extra 24 chest for every 1200 currency; an extra 137 chest for every 6,850 currency. Having done the math, does this seem worth it?
It's an entirely worthless feeding effect, in my book, so probably not worth trying to establish whether you'd get a couple more or a couple fewer event currency. If it was giving out 500-1,000 currency per event then yeah, it may be something to get to the bottom of.

Sir Derf

Adept
No offense, but the only way to determine if something is worthless is to, um, compute its worth... And if my computations are correct, it is worth less than I would like, too.

Gargon667

Mentor
The best thing about the feeding effect is that you can´t waste a lot of Pet Food on it by accident or sillyness, because you can only feed it once a month lol. So you get nothing for 1 Pet Food, but you are safe from wasting more for another month :D

Pauly7

Magus
The best thing about the feeding effect is that you can´t waste a lot of Pet Food on it by accident or sillyness, because you can only feed it once a month lol. So you get nothing for 1 Pet Food, but you are safe from wasting more for another month :D
They will probably stack, if anyone is intent on mis-clicking.