• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered rewards for contribution

• Thread starter Deleted User - 67582
  • Start date

Deleted User - 67582

I recently (two days ago) helped one of my fellowship to u/g their lighthouse from 1-2. I was the top contributor, but have not received a congratulatory message, nor any KP (as far as I can tell) and certainly not a guaranteed light house rune shard which would have taken me to 9 (at long last).
Have I missed something that I need to do to get the "reward", or was it all a big con?

DeletedUser

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Nobody has been able to replicate the problem, but enough folks have grumbled about it to indicate that there's probably a glitch somewhere in the system.

While Ancient Wonders have been around for a few months, we're still missing several tools.
  • A history tab, so we CAN tell what should have happened
    (The game moderators apparently don't have a contribution log either.)
  • Knowledge Point award packets, that DO NOT max out your KP bar and cause you to lose your hourly allowance
  • A global roster of available Ancient Wonders, and their status.
We have all of those tools in Forge of Empires, and there are some fansites, see http://www.forge-db.com/tools/gbfinder.php that provide additional functionality.

ForgeGB.png

Deleted User - 67582

Ok, the point is, am I going to get the "reward" that the game makers say I should get, or are they going to say I'm lying and just trying to cheat my way in to some unwarranted gain? Some of the game-plays are laborious to achieve, and the thought of all that effort being wasted is extremely galling.
I know this sort of thing occurs in other games. I had a similar experience in FoE with no redress (one reason why I left it) and in Real Racing 3, where the game crashed and resulted in a challenge, and the gains accrued, being lost.

I don't see the relevance of contributing to an AW until a third of the points are covered in this case.

DeletedUser

I don't see the relevance of contributing to an AW until a third of the points are covered in this case.
  1. If the owner is contributing points "somewhere" he's more likely to reciprocate in kind
  2. If the owner has already covered a third of the points, you'll get the SAME awards 100%/66.6%=150% payback
  3. It's a safer investment, with a higher rate of return. That's a nice combination.

Deleted User - 67582

I understand and agree with your points. In this case the owner was/is contributing to my AW in a reciprocal agreement. The payback probably was good, but the main reason was to help each other. The point is I did not get any personal rewards for all this effort. I'm happy to have helped the other owner achieve an u/grade, which might otherwise have taken much longer.

DeletedUser

There's a swapping technique that you might want to consider, as neither of you will gain additional benefits for contributions that exceed 50%.
  1. If you aim for a 40% owner + 40% swap contribution in BOTH buildings, the swap arrangement will be self documenting.
  2. Once you reach 80%, you can advertise CHEAP RUNE SHARDS! 10% will get you 2nd place!
  3. Most people will jump at the chance to buy cheap Rune Shards, without expecting reciprocity.
  4. There's consequently an opportunity to level your AWs at a 20% discount.
  5. But you might WANT to make a point of contributing a like amount to their AW, when the time comes, as it's an equally good deal both ways.
  6. If nobody else shows up, then you simply continue to 50% + 50%.
The above approach works very neatly with "Wait for the Owner to cover 1/3rd of the points."

Last edited by a moderator: