• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Residence Upgrade 8->9

Jude the Brave

Adventurer
I have been wanting to upgrade my residence building from 8 to 9 for some time now, but it keeps telling me I need research.
I have completed several researches & after each one I try to upgrade my residence, but no. Still says research.
I have now reached Ch. III & still cannot upgrade my residence buildings.
I have looked further ahead but see no research heading that mentions residence upgrade.
I desperately need population, but don't want to clutter my city with a multitude of lower grade buildings. I don't have the space anyway.

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Jude the Brave after you have finalised the research for the Advanced Scouts in chapter III, you find the research point 'Superior Residences'. Once you have finished that research, you should be able to upgrade your residences.

Jude the Brave

Adventurer
Oh.... so it must be hidden under Advanced Scouts. Because I still can't see it. Hopefully all will be revealed once I finish Adv. Scouts. At least that's only one more research.
Thanks Solanix.

MinervaOz

Enchanter
In my (human) city it's in the 4th column of techs after Advanced Scouts. (May be different for elves?)

Gargon667

Mentor
Oh.... so it must be hidden under Advanced Scouts. Because I still can't see it. Hopefully all will be revealed once I finish Adv. Scouts. At least that's only one more research.
Thanks Solanix.

Not hidden, you can see all techs, also the ones still greyed out ones. Look for the one called superior residence, if you hover the mouse over it, it shows you the activation costs as well.

Jude the Brave

Adventurer
OMG.!!! That's another 10 Researches to get thru, & activate, before I even get to it.!!!...... :-O
Now I see why everyone's city is cluttered with a gazillion low level residences.!

Thank you (I think) MinervaOz for detailing where it was.

Lelanya

Mentor
OMG.!!! That's another 10 Researches to get thru, & activate, before I even get to it.!!!...... :-O
Now I see why everyone's city is cluttered with a gazillion low level residences.!
Yeah I remember this phase. In my early cities I think I sold a residence or two when they upsized. In my later cities I added culture/population hybrids won in events.

Pauly7

Magus
Yeah in the first three chapters you tend to have to smash your city full of as many residences as possible. When you complete that tech you will be able to upgrade them to level 15 and then you'll probably find yourself deleting a few of the smaller ones, especially, as @Lelanya says, if you start placing some culture/pop hybrid buildings.

One important thing that may help you - Now that you are in chapter 3 the Spire of Eternity is unlocked. Each time you reach the end of the first level you have a 10% chance of winning a Magic Residence. If you get one, you'll be able to replace one of your 110 pop level 8 residence with a MR that has 250 pop. This is useful if you can get one before you've reached the Superior Residences tech.