• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question research

dennise

Soothsayer
How many versions of the research tree are there? I have ancient wonders a level 3 on both my cities but it appears that others in my FS can't get them until level 4. It is very hard to give advice to members when their path is so different and there are no guidelines to say who has what.

m4rt1n

Adept
Just the one version of the research tree as far as I am aware, I suggest you reach out to support.

The first ancient wonders are unlocked at the end of chapter 4, you can then upgrade those wonders using kp or runes to a max of level 30 or 35 dependant on wonder. AW buildings come in pairs at the end research(es) of each chapter from 4+ to 20.

Level and chapter are 2 different things.

There are currently 20 chapters in the game, general buildings can be upgraded to certain levels as you progress, with the exemption of buildings won in events, this can get complicated as some event buildings can be evolved from level 1 to 10, a separate thing again.

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
as far as I am aware, there have been some tweeks made for newer players than for those already existing.....you can check out the changes here
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/chapter-speedup.17039/

The tweek's don't change the first wonders coming at the end of chapter 4 in the research tree, I think there is a lot of confusion between chapter level, building levels and AW upgraded levels...

dennise

Soothsayer
I received Tome of Secrets, Golden Abyss, Endless Excavation and Needles of the Tempest in Chapter 3 in both cities

m4rt1n

Adept
I received Tome of Secrets, Golden Abyss, Endless Excavation and Needles of the Tempest in Chapter 3 in both cities
Yes you are correct sorry my mistake there, been a long time since I was in that chapter, see it now. The first 2 wonders come mid chapter 3 so I don’t understand your fellows issue unless they thought they would get them when unlocking the chapter rather than having to research them. Also they need to fill the rune wheel before they can build them.

Last edited:

kimkimkim

Summoner
according to my research tree, Tome of Secrets and Golden Abyss (Secret Ancient Wonders) came in the middle of chapter 2......Endless Excavation and Needles of the Tempest (Ancient Wonders of Tempest) came in the middle of chapter 3.....Sanctuary/Martial Monastery and The Great Bell Spire/Crystal Lighthouse (Human/Elven Ancient Wonders) came at the end of chapter 4

so as @m4rt1n says, if your fellows say they can't get them yet then they need to ensure they have completed whatever research that leads up to them and the research itself by filling all the kp in and also having whatever goods needed to unlock the research....once those are complete then they need to ensure they are filling the wonders they want with all 9 runes to unlock it and build it

kimkimkim

Summoner
The tweek's don't change the first wonders coming at the end of chapter 4 in the research tree, I think there is a lot of confusion between chapter level, building levels and AW upgraded levels...
um, not confused.....first wonders come in chapter 2

dennise

Soothsayer
You're right about the first AWs coming in chapter 2. My member appears not to have them. Her first AW comes immediately after she opens chapter 4. It seems that Inno is changing the research without bothering to tell anyone. I reckon they must have a random number generator because there seems to be no system at all governing who gets what. I opened a city around the same time as my member and got the same research tree I had for my other city a year ago. If they want to chop and change they should tell people up front what version they're getting and have a site that shows what research is needed in each version. That way mages and archmages will have a chance to advise newbies correctly. It is very confusing for everyone.

m4rt1n

Adept
Apologies, I now see that ch2 and ch3 both have AW's, was looking back at my completed research tree and was so used to the AW coming in the final tech that I overlooked mid chapter research, however I am certain there is only one tech tree for all players and hope @Herodite or @Silmaril can confirm this for you @dennise

Your fellows maybe don't understand how to build the AW's using rune shards first to fill the 9 places and complete the rune allowing the build that will also require other goods/relics supplies, coins etc as well as the space and a spare builder.

psi0

Novice
I am certain there is only one tech tree for all players
New tech tree has existed for months.

C4 Wonders.png

Here's the Announcement

m4rt1n

Adept
hmmm, this looks familiar, I know I wasn't going crazy (in reference to my first post on this thread ;))

I thought I was loosing the plot lol, so really appreciate @psi0 coming along when they did @kimkimkim

Back edited a couple of strike lines into previous posts.

To be fair though Inno should correct the research tree to be universal and should have made it clearer for all initially and now with changes in the tree happening again, even more important.

Please pass on my concerns @Herodite @Silmaril

dennise

Soothsayer
This announcement is dated middle of last year. When did the changes actually happen? I opened a 2nd city in Jan this year at about the same time as my member and I got the old tree and she got the new.

m4rt1n

Adept
This announcement is dated middle of last year. When did the changes actually happen? I opened a 2nd city in Jan this year at about the same time as my member and I got the old tree and she got the new.

Who knows because I no longer know, hence why I tagged staff in my previous post to hopefully get a definitive answer.

All I can think is there is an error in the game where a second city gets the old set up and a new player the new one? Hence a bug @Herodite @Silmaril maybe?

kurgkurg

Conjurer
if you open a new city in another world for your old existing account, then you still get an old tree. If you have a new account, you will get a new one

m4rt1n

Adept
if you open a new city in another world for your old existing account, then you still get an old tree. If you have a new account, you will get a new one

Thanks, that explains it but should really be made clear by the staff to avoid such confusion as this thread is causing, so to answer the question I can say 2, but the Cauldron issue could now mean 3.....???

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Just to clarify, we were the test server for the new chapter speedup for chapters 1-5 changes last year, which meant we had both versions running on our server.
Our initial announcement confirmed this on 18.04.2022: https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index....nces-in-the-progress-before-chapter-vi.16263/
Later in the year (17.10.2022), we elaborated on this further: https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/chapter-speedup.17039/
What this means currently, is that players who have joined the game or created a new game with us since October 2022, will be all on the new speedup chapters. If you began a new game after April and prior to October 2022, you could be on either Research version. All versions prior to April will be the old version, as was prior to the transition period.
Our in game news also covered this for players as we transitioned to the new version, that is now across all servers.