• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

User Interface Research required as top indicator.

DeletedUser

[Summary]:
When you don't have enough space to upgrade something, the button says "Move and upgrade" which would be cool IF you actually COULD "move and upgrade". When you make space, the button turns into "Research" which basically screws you (see later)
I would like "research" to ALWAYS be "on top" not matter what else is restricting you from building the upgrade.

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]:
Sure, why not.

[Details]:
SO I am thinking, why shouldn't I just have ONE of the lower manufactories? I can upgrade one of the two I have to the next level, make twice as much, so I might as well just have one, since I am pretty flush and can trade down. Save some population and space, so why not? The manufacturer says "move and upgrade" so I assume I CAN upgrade it. Sell of the other one, make room for the only one I have left... them BAM the "research" button comes up

[Reasons for Implementing]:
Stop idiots like me making mistakes

[Balance]:

No effect

[Additional info]:

FFS, can't replicate... SOMEONE tell me I am not going crazy?

Deleted User - 106219

It's the same when you don't have any available Builders. The "Add Builder" button replaces the "Research" button. This can confuse and mislead players into thinking they can upgrade a building when in fact they need to do some research first. Which might be intentional, since additional builders cost Diamonds...

DeletedUser1295

I too have encountered this, but so far only when no builders were available.
+1 for this suggestion :)

DeletedUser

The information is ALREADY there. If you need to do more Research, the tool tip will not indicate that an upgrade is available, and the popup will not have an Upgrade tab.

DeletedUser1295

The information is ALREADY there. If you need to do more Research, the tool tip will not indicate that an upgrade is available, and the popup will not have an Upgrade tab.

Well, in my experience the upgrade tab will ALWAYS show up whenever a building has not yet reached the maximum level that can be built in-game, independent of whether the technology needed for the upgrade has been researched.

For example: I really have not researched Dwarven Workshops, which is needed to upgrade workshops beyond level 15.
I will add some pictures to make the issue clear ;)

Picture 1: showing the upgrade tab, although I cannot upgrade, since I did not do the research yet.
WS_Upgrade0.jpg

Picture 2: when I clicked the upgrade tab with no builders available, showing that I would need to add a builder in order to upgrade ...
WS_Upgrade1.jpg

Picture 3: when I clicked the upgrade tab when a builder was available, now showing me that I need to research before being able to upgrade.
WS_upgrade2.jpg

What the OP suggests, is that the "Research button" as shown in my 3rd picture will always show up if a building cannot be upgraded unless the appropriate research has been completed .

Last edited by a moderator: