• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Repetitive Quests

Thagdal

Sorcerer
I agree they are boring and only for a new beginner imo.
I can't remember the last time i did a declining quest.
I just concentrate on the storyline quests, they give better rewards for the most part and also diamonds in later chapters :)

SmillaJaspersen

Alchemist
Thagday, I am not a beginner, i find repeditedly quests as a broken lp are more than annoiyng, they totally lack of fantasy to make new quests.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Go to elvengems and check the generic quests list, they change and get more quests chapter by chapter.
Chapter 1 has 8 declineable, 2 has 17, 3 has 15, 4 & 5 have 23. etc.etc.

SmillaJaspersen

Alchemist
Go to elvengems and check the generic quests list, they change and get more quests chapter by chapter.
Chapter 1 has 8 declineable, 2 has 17, 3 has 15, 4 & 5 have 23. etc.etc.
Well, as far as I am aware, elvengems is not affiliated whatsover with Elvenar. The content of the the quests are inequivocable all the same since chapter three. Furthermore, elvengems has not been uptaded since eons. Quick note: i play Elvenar, I don't need to visit elvengems to notice that they got it wrong.

I just cycle through the declineable ones as I feel. If I'm upgrading a residence I do it overnight I leave it set to that quest and wake up to a little bonus. And so on. In Ch. 7 so a couple of extras since the dwarves. Play it whichever way you like.

SmillaJaspersen

Alchemist
The quests are indeed declineable, I have never wrote that. Nevertheless it doesn't imply that they are all the same till chapter 9 (the one that I am on), declineable or not.
The topic of the thread is *'Repetitive Quests' and not declineable quests.
Maybe if you had took a look of the topic, your so called answer would be different and you wouldn't go OT.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I just cycle through the declineable ones as I feel. If I'm upgrading a residence I do it overnight I leave it set to that quest and wake up to a little bonus. And so on. In Ch. 7 so a couple of extras since the dwarves. Play it whichever way you like.

I used to do that a lot in lower chapters too, the extra coins and supplies were quite useful. Now I just ignore the whole lot and wait to unlock the next chapter so I can decline them and just collect the goodies I want.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I have noticed some quests lately have been repeatedly asked but I decline cause it is not possible at the moment. Rather than new quests some of the completed quests come too. Is this normal or not?

I have noticed that too that some completed non repetitive "story line" quests are hiding in between repetitive quests. As you said they show up only after you either complete or decline other quests. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not but it was happening to me too.

MinervaOz

Enchanter
So you finally agree that the quests, declineable or not, are annoingly repetive.

There's a smallish number of declinable, cycling quests so yes, they are repetitive, by definition. They are aimed at beginning players to help with extra coins and supplies, until you can build up the more reliable sources. Once you reach that stage you don't need extra help, and the rewards are so tiny the quests are pretty pointless. I believe this is deliberate, not a lack of imagination or anything else on Inno's part. (It would be nice to be able to get rid of them altogether to clean up the screen, but it's easy to ignore them, and actually I now forget they're there)

As to the number of quests and the rewards: these increase - or used to - over the first 6 chapters, with some quests being dropped in Fairies, as @Thagdal said. I hadn't heard that this had changed; certainly I still have the quests listed on Elvengems. If yours haven't changed since chapter 3 (you still have quests to upgrade buildings to level 5?) it could be a bug. One of the mods should be able to clarify.

And yes you can get declinable story line quests from previous chapters cropping up. Usually it's because you've done something in the game to prompt it but you have to cycle through the quests to get to them. (I cycled through them out of curiosity after reading this thread, and had quests from Fairies appear, probably because I've recently built and upgraded the BTG)