• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Repetition of past events

BorisUr

Dreamer
Please tell me whether past events will be repeated? My interest is that - you can create a building in the Magic Academy that has the ability to evolve. And there is nowhere to take the Instances for such an evolution. It turns out that by creating such a building we lose the possibility of its evolution.

lihwei9123

Seeker
Please tell me whether past events will be repeated? My interest is that - you can create a building in the Magic Academy that has the ability to evolve. And there is nowhere to take the Instances for such an evolution. It turns out that by creating such a building we lose the possibility of its evolution.
Same problem happens on everyone.

You can only obtain the evolving building's artifact during special events, that means you will have to complete as many quests as you can to get as many of these artifacts to evolve your evolving building. Some repeated events, for example the phoenix 2020 event, gives you the coldfire phoenix artifact. During that moment, you can also found that your magic academy has the option to make the 2019 phoenix artifact, by using 2 coldfire phoenix artifacts. I don't know if this ever happens on other repeated events but this is the only one that i know. This event (the phoenix event, usually) happens once every year, so that means you have to wait for one year if you missed this event to get more artifacts!

For me, i've crafted a brown bear building from the magic academy but the autumn zodiac event has ended in 2019 and i started playing early this year. So i also wonder if that event could happen again i could get more of the artifacts to evolve my building, instead of leaving it at stage 1!

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
It is extremely unlikely that the same event will be repeated twice. It has never happened before. The Phoenix event from 2020 was an entirely different one from 2019. However, during this event, as @lihwei9123 points out, the possibility was given to obtain artefacts to evolve a 2019 phoenix further. There has also been one occasion that they offered people the option to buy 2019 phoenix artefacts (though this was generally regarded as a ridiculous offer - £75 for 3 artefacts).

At this stage there is no way to evolve any of the buildings that are still being offered to craft in the Magic Academy. The topic gets brought up a lot because it confuses many people, myself included. The only thing I would say is that you should keep your eye on future events to see what happens. If they offered artefacts from an old evolving building once they may do it again.

BorisUr

Dreamer
...There has also been one occasion that they offered people the option to buy 2019 phoenix artefacts (though this was generally regarded as a ridiculous offer - £75 for 3 artefacts)...

Yes, you are right, the price is disproportionate. So there is no point in creating old evolving buildings in the Magic Academy. It is a pity that the developers of the Game, without supporting good achievements in the past, are going down a vicious path "microsoft".

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Repeating old events is like eating yesterdays meal :( I hope they won't go down that road. Removing the evolving building recipes from the MA would be the right thing to do in my opinion. Instead, the devs have added even more of those recently, so they probably deem them important.

A solution might be to alter the recipes - the possibility to craft a stage 10 building directly without the need of any artifacts. New players would sure be thankful for that.

Timneh

Artisan
A solution might be to alter the recipes - the possibility to craft a stage 10 building directly without the need of any artifacts. New players would sure be thankful for that.

The cost of that would probably be out of reach for the majority of players. I don't want to even think of how much they would want to craft a stage 10 evolving building.

Pauly7

Magus
I don't think they would do it. Maybe as a MO possible prize, with like a 5% chance whenever it pops up. That would make them suitably rare. Hey, they could even throw the odd artefact into the MO if they wanted to be particularly charitable.

Timneh

Artisan
I agree with you, i think there is more chance of hell freezing over than them letting players get a stage 10 evolving building from anywhere other than events. Even a 5% chance in MO seems a bit generous for the devs in this game.

Pauly7

Magus
I agree with you, i think there is more chance of hell freezing over than them letting players get a stage 10 evolving building from anywhere other than events. Even a 5% chance in MO seems a bit generous for the devs in this game.
Yeah, but if you think it's a 5% chance of winning, but then there's only about a 5% chance of it appearing in the MO to begin with. That would make it super rare to win.... 1 in 400 Mystical Objects.... Or they could make it 3% and 3%. That's a 1 in 1,111 chance of winning one.

BorisUr

Dreamer
Thanks to this discussion, I see that my idea has supporters. And supporters offer specific solutions. I believe that it is quite possible to offer developers the synopsis of the scenario - with the introduction of the universal scroll of evolution into the GAME, with any probability of receiving it by players without paying in a fantastic amount of diamonds. ;)

Master Arthur

Alchemist
Hi - For a lot more information/discussion on this I would suggest that you go down the menu, to my earlier thread Evolement Upgrades. Hope this helps.

Master Arthur

Alchemist
Sorry @BorisUr for misinformation in previous message. My early thread on this is titled Event Evolements and more specifically the question relating to the Fire Phoenix can be found again in a earlier thread Spire and Fire Phoenix.( Note this runs into 2 pages) I am afraid to confirm that said by @Pauly7 but I would agree that it is very, very unlikely that we will be given a second chance of gaining new evolvements for any of the past events. The most that we could hope for is that 1 or 2, for say the Fire Phoenix, are thrown in as prizes for the next Fellowship Adventure but don't hold your breath for these are normally are just for the last event.

Gargon667

Mentor
Thanks to this discussion, I see that my idea has supporters. And supporters offer specific solutions. I believe that it is quite possible to offer developers the synopsis of the scenario - with the introduction of the universal scroll of evolution into the GAME, with any probability of receiving it by players without paying in a fantastic amount of diamonds. ;)

You will always find supporters for this, however I am pretty sure no matter how many supporters you find, it will not happen. The devs have created it this way on purpose and have stated before that they do not intend to change that. There is not going to be a universal upgrade.
But I also agree something has to happen, the most likely solution is, that the old stuff will eventually disappear. I disliked the idea to include all the stuff into the MA from the start. At some point we have to move on and leave all the old stuff behind to get new things.

BorisUr

Dreamer
I understand perfectly well that developers and games-managers are primarily interested in donating money. But there is a responsibility, at least a moral one. If they include the ability to produce evolving buildings, they MUST provide for the possibility of their evolution. "You are forever responsible for all you have tamed" - writer Antoine de Saint-Exupery's the Little Prince, published in 1943. People can just go to a different game, a fairer one.:p

Pauly7

Magus
But there is a responsibility, at least a moral one.
I'm not sure that this is a moral issue. There is at least a logical one though. It's very shaky the possible reasoning for these buildings being in the crafting menu at all. The only thought process I can come up with is that they think people may have accidentally deleted or disenchanted one before using their artefacts. Either that or they may think that people could want to craft one that is at a higher level... again, anyone doing this would have to do it before they used their artefacts. I can't imagine too many people fitting into these categories. Therefore the most they should ever have done is left them in the rotation for a month... just in case.

The recipes in the Magic Academy are now notoriously not maintained very much. Other than adding new evolving buildings I think they've made changes to the profile of recipes maybe twice(?) It could quite likely be a case that they haven't bothered to get rid of them. If so then that's the only thing that's likely to happen.

Pauly7

Magus
I guess I can see that. I've never really had much need for the Polar Bear, though, unless it would be taking me up to the 100% cool-down. I suppose there are some people that could use a level 1 bear or Fire Phoenix. I don't think it would apply to any of the evolving buildings that don't have a feeding effect though.

Gargon667

Mentor
The recipes in the Magic Academy are now notoriously not maintained very much. Other than adding new evolving buildings I think they've made changes to the profile of recipes maybe twice(?) It could quite likely be a case that they haven't bothered to get rid of them. If so then that's the only thing that's likely to happen.

They are not adding the evolving buildings anymore! They have not done that since last christmas event (so the bears are the last ones that were added, nothing after that).
They simply haven´t cleaned up the recipe list... yet? who knows?

@AstralSoul: If you have another base, keep it: If the bear event will be like the phoenix, you will be able to upgrade it, but noone will be able to acquire more than 1 base. There should definitely be a new bear, but how likely it is to be better than a brown bear? I am not too hopeful there ;)