• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Repeatable Quests - Exploit?

Deleted User - 13667

Having an actual storyline for the game does help bring a little flavor to players.
Then the story progresses in-game as quests are done.

DeletedUser

I also removed 2 of the armories (we had to build 3) and have built other buildings for mandatory quests only to tear them down (don't see the point in non boosted manufactories). I agree that we should be able to focus on fighting or negotiating if we so desire, but the main reason I maintain hybrid cities is because the fighting offers a further game dimension. I'm not even good at it, it's just a nice to have a different type of thing to do occasionally. I'd like to see the negotiation process being a little more interesting than just amassing goods and supplies, which is basically the same thing one does to advance in all aspects of the game.

Deleted User - 13667

As the game goes further, you will find the battle encounters getting a tad too weird flavor

DeletedUser

I gathered that from posts here. Fully aware I will end up not using it at all at some point :D

DeletedUser414

I find those quests extremely annoying. If I'm playing the game then i want to play it well but the first log in after a night of production is a pain when i know that i could be abusing those quests to all hell for massive gain due to all the resources i have waiting to be collected. Streamline the interface please.

DeletedUser219

The interface is not streamlined precisely because it is so easy to abuse the intent of these quests, which is to keep you occupied while you catch up to what the storyline wants you to do.

DeletedUser414

I'm sure that there are better ways of providing incentives for the player.

DeletedUser1829

What is interesting is that the repeatable quests only seem to trigger to the next era's set when you mainline quests reach a certain point (scout research). Which means you can intentionally stay with a set of repeatable quests that you prefer rather then advancing.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
In my new Wyniandor city I just started 5 daus ago, I decided to stop the storyline quests when they asked me to build the Magic Academy... It's not wort it.

DeletedUser1829

Despite the other arguments around the MA that quest appears way to early and is detrimental to your growth at the time it appears. There are some ok repeatable quests around then while your still growing.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Of course I won't spit fast on the declinable quests as well, even if they are not a lot in the first 2 ages... but honnestly, I've built a new city only for checking some things about the culture bonuses and I already spent so much time looping them with my first city that I realise that the rewards are not so important regarding what you can achieve with a well balanced production, even at age II... Actually, I just keep the "encounters" and "province" quests but I mostly ignore the others and I produce enough coins and supplies for my 2 builders needs. I'm mainly blocked because of goods needs...

DeletedUser1829

The quest for obtain 40 of (non-boostable tier 1) good also works well with the ones you mentioned. Using the wholesaler you can effectively buy more goods then your boosted factories can produce while still increasing coins/supplies. It allows for rapid negotiating/expansion for a short time.

DeletedUser1829

It has to be done in conjunction with the other quests you mentioned of solve 3 encounters and complete a province. The benefits from those more than than cover the short-fall and the synergy of increasing your goods which enables expansions works well together.

With out the gain x goods you either hit the ceiling on coins/supplies or run out of ability to open up provinces. You also can select whether you buy the goods using both coins and supplies as you mentioned or only one or the other. Your deficit on that one would be greater but it lets you build up the other. For example spend 16,000 coins and gain 6,000 coins and 600 supplies to allow your supplies to increase or vice versa depending on your resources.

DeletedUser414

What is interesting is that the repeatable quests only seem to trigger to the next era's set when you mainline quests reach a certain point (scout research). Which means you can intentionally stay with a set of repeatable quests that you prefer rather then advancing.

So if i refuse to build a Barracks that i can't demolish then my rotating Quests won't change ? The flaws in design seem to be piling up..