• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Game Features Relic Overview within the Magic Academy

eness

Seeker
Please accept my apologies if this has been asked and answered, however a brief search failed to convince me otherwise

Within the Magic Academy (MA) on the Crafting tab we have a clear representation of what we have in terms of the numbers of ingredients available to craft a majority (?) of various items (Spell Fragments and Combining Catalysts). There are, of course, other items which require additional ingredients from time to time, one of which is relics, however we don't have that information readily at hand.

Okay sure, it's not too difficult to exit the MA, click the Main Hall or go to the world map, and then click the Relic tab or the Relic Overview, but in all, and to get back to the Crafting tab in the MA, requires 6 clicks of the mouse (7 plus load times going to the world map...I think). It's not hard at all, however it would be far more handy if the information were available when we need it in the MA itself. That said, I'm not one to bring a problem, without a possible solution or two, here are some;

1) I think the easiest way would be to make use of the spare tab area in the MA to create an additional tab which provides a mirror of the same information contained in the World map relic overview, or the Main Hall Relic tab

2) The area between the Combining Catalyst count and the timer on the Crafting tab could possibly be used to house that information in either a drop down, or just by hovering the mouse over it (not sure whether this works in the mobile version)

3) Perhaps the individual ingredients in each of the recipes could provide that detail when you hover the mouse over the item, perhaps in the same way as when you hover over specific Goods (for e.g. in the costs of producing enchantments on the 'Produce' tab of the MA) and it displays its' stockpile value. This would be of particular use when other ingredients are enlisted as ingredients for crafting (for e.g. the soon to be defunct Phoenix and Coldfire exchange requiring one or the other to craft each way)

Personally, I think the first one is the best, particularly as I don't know if the other 2 would work in the mobile app (or for any other reason I may not know), but I do think it's worth making that information available within the MA in some way so that we can decide quickly as to whether we're prepared to craft any given item...I think the same format as it is within the Main Hall and on the world map would be in keeping with the current visual displays

As an aside, and completely my subjective opinion, I have never really found the Relic tab in the Main Hall to be worthwhile as I have always taken a similar number of clicks to the World Map Relic overview. Perhaps others might disagree, but it seems to me that were it to disappear from the Main Hall as a tab, and appear where it is useful in the MA, then it wouldn't really be too much of a loss (in my mind), especially as it would require the same number of clicks to access...
A similar question pertaining to the relevance of the Relics Tab in the Main Hall was raised here on this forum in May '19

Anyway, just my 2 cents, thanks for reading and considering; cheers!

Pauly7

Magus
I can't think what items need relics as a crafting ingredient... Perhaps it's too early for my brain to work.

Either way I think that the majority of players who have gotten a certain way through the game will tell you they never need to look at how many relics they're holding at any given time (for me it's in the thousands of each). Also when an item is available to craft and requires alternative ingredients (such as broken rune shards, blueprints or artefacts) you don't necessarily get told immediately how many you have, but you know whether you have enough to craft that item because it will be highlighted red and will tell you how many diamonds needed to produce it, if you don't have enough. If something is asking for relics as a crafting ingredient presumably it is the same so do you need to know more than whether you have that thing available or not?

Deleted User - 2044766

Relics in MA are for crafting enchantments ( Catalyst, EE,MM etc...) so I guess @eness's idea is appealing if you are crafting these intensely...

tho': the type & amount of relics required are indicated below each enchantment in their production tab and goes red when you're missing a required relic only if you click on the enchantment. You can fall abruptly short of a relic at the wrongest moment (eg you have 3mins left before crafting recipe change but must first produce an extra catalyst...and boom!You find out you're missing a relic to produce it )
This keeps me hopping from MA to Main Hall constantly, or keep a written track of them or have zillions of mental post-its ... this tab would be welcome in my MA:)
MA11.jpg
MA22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AstralSoul

Illusionist
That is what it produces :)

Yes, you can fall back and run out, especially for the CCs recipe if you don't have sets, and don't do the Spire. One reason it's good to score 2000-3000 points a week in the tournament. I am in woodelves still, and I have over a thousand of each. You will get plenty of relics and KP. (Do your six stars.)