• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Refund of diamonds for premium workshops

DeletedUser8409

"I used to have 7 maxed out regular workshops until I sold 6 and replaced with 3 premiums. Given that the developers are unexpectedly changing the game so that in the events more regular workshops are better than fewer premium workshops ... without time to adjust ... how can we go about getting previously sold regular workshops restored and the premium ones sold and diamond expenditure refunded? After all the developers surely don't intend to leave us just suffering for having spent diamonds so a refund and restoration must surely be viable? I've never seen a game before where you are punished for spending diamonds so I'm assuming you're prepared to refund them and restore the regular workshops to make up for this? "

I wrote this question nearly a week ago but @Dizzy Lizzie merged it to the Beta thread at the time saying it was because the event wasn't yet on the Live server. In the Beta thread many, many, many players have confirmed that they too have sold multiple regular workshops and replaced them with half as many premium ones. Since the event only counts Toolboxes and not the supplies outputted, all our premium workshops are going to have to work twice as hard as the regular workshops they replaced so we are seriously disadvantaged for having bought something that is supposed to be "premium".

Since @Muf-Muf has now officially announced this on the Live server, can this Question please be addressed? I spent thousands of diamonds for something that is supposed to be a premium not a disadvantage, I would appreciate those diamonds being refunded and the 3 premium workshops removed and replaced with 6 regular ones considering that is what will actually assist more in the event.

Please now that this event is officially announced for Live can this be addressed?

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
We won't be able to give any definitive answer to questions like these on our forums, as we would need to go over such requests on a case by case basis via our Support Team. Please feel invited to contact Support for that, should you wish to do so.

Though, generally speaking, despite these new quest conditions, the Magic Workshops have not been devalued with these quests. The main benefits for these buildings are higher production output per city tile. That means you need fewer of these buildings compared to regular Workshops to have the same production output, which simultaneously frees up more space in your city for other buildings. These benefits remain unchanged. For different (types of) quests, these buildings still have a significant advantage, e.g. quests requiring to gain a specific number of Supplies of which there are two guaranteed to appear in the event, plus chances in every other quest segment as part of the pool of random quest conditions.

We would like to note that, compared to previous events, the quests in this event require lower numbers of specific productions and shorter production options than before, to counter-balance the required minimum level of these buildings for these specific quests.

That being said, we do hear the brought-up concern, and are very closely monitoring the effects of these quests on players' progress in the event, and we are prepared to act if and when we deem necessary. We are very much looking forward to the start of the event next Monday, so that we can start seeing actual, in-game player progression in the event.

DeletedUser8409

Thank you for replying @Muf-Muf I will definitely contact the Support team.

I'm confused by your logic that the Magic Workshops have not been devalued, I agree with the benefits being so that you can have fewer buildings which is precisely what I did going down to 3 instead of 6 previously. However then demanding use of current level buildings without checking or adjusting for output quantity of course devalues these buildings by 50%.

According to Elvengems the following are quests in the #90 - unlimited section and I would be far better off with 6 regular buildings than 3 premiums.

Produce Simple Tools 12 times - 6 regular could do this in 2 goes, 3 premium would require 4.
Produce Beverages 15 times - 6 regular could do this in 3 times, 3 premium would require 5
Produce Toolboxes 5 times - 5 out of of 6 could do this in one day, 3 premiums would require 2 days
Produce Advanced Tools 8 Times - 6 could do this in two sets, 3 premium would require 3 sets
Produce Bread 9 times - 6 could do this in two sets, 3 premium would require 3 sets

For every one of those sets 6 regulars are better than 3 premiums, despite the fact 3 premiums output as much supply as 6 regulars.

As for the one where premiums supposedly are an advantage - Gain a fair amount of supplies - 6 requlars could do this in the same time as 3 premiums.

You may consider that the quest numbers have been reduced but then I've never faced an event where I would take two days to produce one days worth of workshops, nor would I if it weren't for premiums being at such a disadvantage.

Last edited by a moderator:

alsael

Enchanter
As an owner of 2 magic workshops,it is so easy to address this issue without doing anything:you can make the conditions so that MW production count as 2 each, when it comes to do "make x number of toolboxes" quest and the similar ones.It is more than fair,so those of us who spent diamonds won't feel like idiots....:confused:

DeletedUser8409

That would be a very sensible solution @alsael and would keep the workshops being Premium rather than a hindrance.

I have submitted my ticket thank you @Muf-Muf I look forward to a positive resolution, so that I can enjoy the event on Monday too.

m4rt1n

Adept
Remember NOT to post the reply from support but a summary of the way the ticket went in your words is allowed and I for one would like to know the brief details. :)

DeletedUser1874

Though, generally speaking, despite these new quest conditions, the Magic Workshops have not been devalued with these quests. The main benefits for these buildings are higher production output per city tile. That means you need fewer of these buildings compared to regular Workshops to have the same production output, which simultaneously frees up more space in your city for other buildings. These benefits remain unchanged. For different (types of) quests, these buildings still have a significant advantage, e.g. quests requiring to gain a specific number of Supplies of which there are two guaranteed to appear in the event, plus chances in every other quest segment as part of the pool of random quest conditions.

We would like to note that, compared to previous events, the quests in this event require lower numbers of specific productions and shorter production options than before, to counter-balance the required minimum level of these buildings for these specific quests.
None of this changes the appalling fact that players who payed to have something premium will be undeniably at a disadvantage in certain aspect of the event. We spent money to be able to save space, not to be forced to build up more buildings to an absurdly high level (takes hundreds of hours at Constructs chapter) just to be as competitive as players who didn't make the mistake of supporting you by buying premium stuff. And to see this addressed with deflection towards irrelevant aspects such as other benefits remaining unchanged, well I find that absolutely dismaying, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that sentiment. Especially when such a simple solution like that suggested by alsael exists.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
None of this changes the appalling fact that players who payed to have something premium will be undeniably at a disadvantage in certain aspect of the event. We spent money to be able to save space, not to be forced to build up more buildings to an absurdly high level (takes hundreds of hours at Constructs chapter) just to be as competitive as players who didn't make the mistake of supporting you by buying premium staff. And to see this addressed with deflection towards irrelevant aspects such as other benefits remaining unchanged, well I find that absolutely dismaying, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that sentiment. Especially when such a simple solution like that suggested by alsael exists.

I could not agree more, and will say this questions why I will buy any diamonds in future.