• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Reduce Goods Collection Times (fractionally)

• Thread starter DeletedUser6935
  • Start date

DeletedUser6935

I enjoy games like Elvenar where production and events occur in real time. However, what gets me is the time precision (allow me to explain). For example, NH occurs once a day, i.e. every 23 hours. If your next NH slot was 24 hours after the previous NH and you logged in a few minutes later everyday to do this your next NHs would get later and later until you would be unable to do it one day, as you really need to go to bed at a reasonable time for work/school/life the next morning. This is why allowing it to be done every 23 hours works, as it allows players that slight time discrepancy.

However, when it comes to goods production/collection this leeway isn't present. Say, for argument's sake, you created goods on the following schedule:
- 06:00: Collect 9-hour goods started on the day previous. Start 3-hour goods.
- 09:00: Collect 3-hour goods. Start new 3-hour goods.
- 12:00: Collect 3-hour goods. Start new 3-hour goods.
- 15:00: Collect 3-hour goods. Start new 3-hour goods.
- 18:00: Collect 3-hour goods. Start new 3-hour goods.
- 21:00: Collect 3-hour goods. Start 9-hour goods for collection the following morning.

To allow for those 6 production/collection events to occur you would need to do complete each task at precisely those times given, which is hugely unrealistic. Not only does collecting the finished goods take time, though not much, setting the new productions takes even longer.

Yes, I understand the argument that maybe this was designed to limit players to only 1 9-hour collection and 4 3-hour collections everyday but the challenge to try and get that 5th 3-hour production still taunts us, as it's not entirely outside the boundaries of possibility.

To remedy this, a simply solution: reduce the production times fractionally. For example, maybe reduce 3-hour productions to 2 hours and 45 minutes or 2 hours and 40 minutes. Then reduce 9-hour collections to 8 hours and 15 minutes or just 8 hours.

This allows so much more leeway in the production of goods, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who experiences anxiety over it. Yes, I know this is just a game, but presenting a possible goal that truly isn't that possible at all is the same as taunting puppies with treats on the ends of suspended strings that are so high off the ground that it would be impossible for them to get anyway. Please fix this, if only for this puppy ;)

DeletedUser5093

I couldn't agree more. I have found this to be a rather aggravating problem over the whole course of the game. The precision requirement is a problem for all other schedules as well. Consider someone who has a busy life (e.g. work/study full time), who only has the opportunity to log in once a day. They would put on 1 day productions, but the start time would gradually get later and later until one day they would have to just skip all their collections because it's too late in the day. Either that or replace 1 day productions with 9hr productions every now and then, just to bring the time back to something reasonable.

Using instants isn't viable, since it would need so many.

Regardless of what schedule people are producing on, it would result in loss of goods, and a bit of an inconvenience to get timings right. A little bit of flexibility is all that's needed. Just dropping the longer times by about 2% or so would be enough. Example:
1 day --> 23hr 30mins
9hr --> 8hrs 45mins
3hr --> 2hr 50mins?
Less than 3hrs probably doesn't need any time reductions.

If this came with a scaled drop in goods production due to the shorter times I'd be ok with that, since I already see a drop in goods production every time I have to skip a collection or put on an extra short one to adjust timings, and the net result would still be an increase in goods. 2% is probably not something I'd notice anyway.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Personally, I do not have a problem with the 3 hrs and 9 hrs productions. I'd like to have reductions on 12 hrs (e.g. Wishing Well), 24 hrs (sets and many more) and 48 hrs (e.g. Trading Outpost) productions. 30 mins reduction would be fine, maybe 15 mins for the 12 hrs ones.

I would like to have the 48 hrs goods productions removed and a 1 hrs option added instead. This would probably also solve the OP's problem.

Timneh

Artisan
I also have no problem with the timings the way they are. For me real life does not permit me to be online every 3 hours to collect and set new productions, it could be 4 or 5 hours between visits sometimes. This means i lose 1 collection a day sometimes 2 but as there are no targets that have to be met in the game it is not a problem. I can normally get 4 3hr and 1 9hr in a day but sometimes only 3 3hr and 1 9hr and i still have no shortage of goods.

DeletedUser6935

Ah, how careless of me. Yes, the 24-hour production times definitely need to be scaled down too, as Ulysses Blue suggests. How about putting this in line with NH timing, i.e. reducing it to a 23-hour production time? This would also make crafting Blacksmiths and Necklaces in FAs that much less of a headache.

RainbowElvira's suggestion of replacing the 48-hour productions with 1-hour productions would actually solve all sorts of problems.

So, revised suggestion, maybe something like this:
Add 1-hour productions
If the 1-hour productions are implemented retain 3-hour productions
Replace 9-hour productions with 8-hour or 8.5-hour productions
Replace 24-hour productions with 23-hour productions
Scrap 48-hour productions

Deleted User - 341074

While I agree that the 24h ones should all be shortened a little, the rest might not fix the problem at all.

You stated that part of the problem was wanting to get that fifth 3h production in.
Well, that means we can't have 8h timers because players would want to do 3 of those i.e. the same problem. In fact, we can't have any productions that add up to 24 hours without missing something.

I don't know if I love the idea of 2h 45m and 8h30m etc production... looks kinda sloppy.

Maybe the simplest answer is to just let us use timer reduction instants on more things like set buildings?

DeletedUser6935

@SoggyShorts
Good point about times that add up to 24 hours.

A variation to my original idea then: Instead of amending the times of the 3-hour and 9-hour productions how about allowing an early collect option? Even if the early collect option meant a slightly lower collection amount? Say, the early collect option could kick in with 15, 30, 45, and/or 60 minutes to go depending on the original production time?

We should still replace the 48-hour productions with 1-hour productions. I don't mind the 48-hour productions on things like the Monument of Knowledge and/or on the variations of the Ferris Wheel, as these are freebies, but manufactory 48-hour productions are just so meh.

So, something like this:
Add 1-hour productions
Retain 3-hour productions with early collect option
Retain 9-hour productions with early collect option
24-hour productions: Either reduce to 23-hour productions, in line with NH, or allow early collect option
Scrap 48-hour manufactory productions, at the very least, but keep it on event buildings with a reduction, e.g. drop to 46/47 hours.

DeletedUser8829

You people with your daily five three-hour productions, wow you are efficient! I do nine-hour productions at night and maybe three three-hour productions during the day and have never had any issues with times, shortening them would be just fine though.
I would absolutely love to have my wishing well and christmas building set production times reduced by an hour or so. Excellent idea! :)

Thagdal

Sorcerer
i dont think time reductions would be that beneficial when you are in the guest races. i let guest productions dictate my workshops and manufacturing. in orcs i set toolboxes and 2 days manu that fits perfectly with the shroom productions, when in fairies making sun flowers and velvet you make bread and advanced tools.
start changing collection times and its going to throw everything out of whack.