• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

recycle bin

DeletedUser9340

I think it would be a cool idea to have a recycle bin at the BP stage of the FA. A place where you deliver unused badges like guards and sacks, for recycle! put in some hundreds get a prize doesn't have to be big. Just something to feel like they're not waisted
That would be a too good advantage in FA :(

Sir Derf

Adept
For example - My Fellowship did the Orange/Orange/Blue path. That path uses no Necklaces or Statues or Elvarian Guards. Especially the Elvarian Guards, which we get in passing, are collected to no effect. I'm assuming it is these that you are opining about.

Hekata

Artisan
Good idea. It could be a time booster, an awkp instant, whatever. Although seeing how Inno makes AF very hard and gives very modest prizes I could seen them doing something like 500 elvarians for 1kp :)
There was a good suggestion on the beta forum that badges could have a certain number of points assigned to them (like blacksmith 30, farmers 25, dwarven 5 etc) So the pits wouldn't need specific badges but a certain amount of points to be completed. That way not badge would go wasted. It could also apply to your idea. To get an additional prize you'd have to get let's say 300 points, you could use whatever badges you have left as long as you get 300 points.

Timneh

Artisan
I really liked that idea on beta about the bottomless pit needing points instead of badges but gathsdell's idea is not bad either.

Pauly7

Magus
Both ideas are good. This FA I collected something above 100 Elvarian Guard badges, but didn't need any of them. Once the BP opens they still continue to pointlessly accrue.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
The pit is about global ranking, and the rewards are not that great. If the recycle bin gave out real rewards, like KPs or time boosts or any other instants, it would be more profitable for most FSs to feed the recycler than the pit. That would defeat the idea of the Bottomless Pit.

If the recycled badges added to the overall FA score in some way, this problem would not occur. However, my guess is that FSs with similar FA score will have about the same amount of superfluous badges. In this case the score would be higher for all, but the ranking would remain the same. A lot more clicks with no advantage at all.

Sorry, but no to both ideas, I prefer to just let the badges vanish.

Deleted User - 2044766

The pit is about global ranking, and the rewards are not that great. If the recycle bin gave out real rewards, like KPs or time boosts or any other instants, it would be more profitable for most FSs to feed the recycler than the pit. That would defeat the idea of the Bottomless Pit.

If the recycled badges added to the overall FA score in some way, this problem would not occur. However, my guess is that FSs with similar FA score will have about the same amount of superfluous badges. In this case the score would be higher for all, but the ranking would remain the same. A lot more clicks with no advantage at all.

I really like the recycle bin idea...that anyone could be twisted enough to focus on the bin rather than the pit never occurred to me.... maybe it could still work if say, there was a limit to how much stuff would go in the bin? ...dunno...

gathsdell

Soothsayer
Just seems a waste the clicks are already placed to have the badge in the first place one more to place them somewhere is nothing I'm not suggesting making the prize so great that it motivates FAs to hold badges just not to have wasted time accruing them. Especialy as some FS create badge factories just to take first place with double the points as anyone else that's a lot of clicks!!

gathsdell

Soothsayer

not if the pit is for ranking only which it is

Pauly7

Magus
Just a development of what's being said, but I would like the Bottomless Pit to have 2 options: 1) Donate badges in the usual cycling fashion, picking up 50 points for each 15 badges entered or 2) A repository where any single badge can be dropped that awards 1 point per badge. No extra prizes.

Doing this would not take away from the BP strategy as it still makes better sense to drop in those manu and workshop badges in the same way, but it would also give a little boost for those that have bothered to collect up stacks of Guard and Coin badges. I wouldn't want to dramatically change the balance of the thing, but to me that seems like a useful extra facet. It also would make it really interesting in the decision on when to pull the plug and open up the pit.

gathsdell

Soothsayer
Just a development of what's being said, but I would like the Bottomless Pit to have 2 options: 1) Donate badges in the usual cycling fashion, picking up 50 points for each 15 badges entered or 2) A repository where any single badge can be dropped that awards 1 point per badge. No extra prizes.

Doing this would not take away from the BP strategy as it still makes better sense to drop in those manu and workshop badges in the same way, but it would also give a little boost for those that have bothered to collect up stacks of Guard and Coin badges. I wouldn't want to dramatically change the balance of the thing, but to me that seems like a useful extra facet. It also would make it really interesting in the decision on when to pull the plug and open up the pit.
recycle bin

AstralSoul

Illusionist
HOLY SHIT! I got only 1 :( DON'T LAUGH AT ME OR I WILL BECOME THANOS!

Thanos is a loser, pretty weak without those stones of his (but not a huge marvel fan).

Working the tournament, with the brown bear, and boosters, you get a ton of those with ease.

DeletedUser9340

Not a huge marvel fan.
Me neither.But he is strong with his children :eek: because in Infinity War Thor said that thanos got power stone,the 1st stone without any stone,decimated Xandar. Pretty sure you didn't get me. :rolleyes:

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Me neither.But he is strong with his children :eek: because in Infinity War Thor said that thanos got power stone,the 1st stone without any stone,decimated Xandar. Pretty sure you didn't get me. :rolleyes:

Most of it, kudos for him. Thanos, even with this power stone VS Apocalypse,,, Thanos gets beaten hard (I do not know many, but I like Apocalypse and his human civilization reset/wipe out haha.