• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Rebalancing of select (old) event buildings

DeletedUser2699

The value of the magic building is a lot higher than a normal one!
So, even if any of yous don't have space left over, all yous have to do
is take a resident building out and replace it! You can check out the
value in the inventory!! I inserted mine in the Beta without any problems!
Plus most players got to many culture buildings, just delete one!!
All it's needed is 100% or less!!!!;)
I'm sorry to say that you are unfortunately totally off the mark with your assessment. I give up a normal residence (900) and gain magic residence (2100) net gain of 1200 pop against my current pop of -3658, still leaves me over 2400 down on population. So if I was given 4 magic buildings I would be about even but still about 500 down on where I actually was before this debacle. Again, I'm sorry to say GrafKoks1, but you are in LaLa land compared to those of us who have actually lost enormous quantities of population and culture, rather than a few hundred.
Perhaps you and Argos74 think it is ok that I should need to pull apart much of my city and start over. Personally I think that is totally unreasonable.
Remember in all of this INNO set the values initially when the events occurred, I just spent the required hours of effort to gain the buildings, totally in good faith and built up my city based on that.
Ask yourselves if in your city INNO simply said tomorrow that you are losing about 4000 population, regardless of how, and that you need to rebuild your city, throw away buildings or whatever how you would feel.

Timneh

Artisan
@Argos74 i think you are missing the point of the complaints about communications. When a change is implemented that will have such a massive impact on thousands of players it should be communicated well in advance and not just hours before it takes place.
If players had enough notice they might have been able to take steps to lessen the impact.

DeletedUser702

Well, on Beta after I placed that given building I gained 2300 pop. however I had the space to place it.
Here I'm in the red by about 130 without any spare place to put it. See how it goes!? If I have to
take out a resident or manufacture building I loose about 6000 fps. That is a big step backwards,
but that doesn't bother me any more since I've been doing that for a while now! Used to be 11 on
the list and 30 now! To my previous post, I know that all of us do have different problems.
One of the main ones is the fact that Inno doesn't update space and an offer of 10% discount for
premium space is a joke!!! I've got 6 updates in my inventory but no space to put them. One of
Innos biggest booboos is the fact that they do not look after the advanced players. I used to buy
diamonds on a monthly basis, but that has come to a full stop...

Pauly7

Magus
I've been away from here for a few days and this thread and all its 8 pages have emerged since then. I've read some and can guess at the gist of the rest.

I just wanted to make one point and apologies if it has been said before (I just can't read the whole thread at this moment): With all the claims of "this absolutely had to happen" and "there was no choice" or "it wouldn't have been possible to have any event building upgrades".... wouldn't it have been better to draw a line and say that all the event buildings before March 17 are non-upgradeable and all the ones after this point are upgradeable? Then you would be able to leave everything be and still release the same feature. People can then make choices about what to keep, but then you absolutely wouldn't have to make the inexcusable decision to ruin all these cities.

I have to say that my thoughts are siding with the "the building nerfing has been done just to sell more upgrades" camp.

On a personal level I can't complain because I don't have any affected buildings, but this is all kinds of wrong.

Timneh

Artisan
It might just be my imagination but it seems like since this dumb change was released there has been more fellowships looking for members posts on the forum than there was before.
The 2 free buildings we are being given will get me back to somewhere close to the pop i had before the change but i am still well down on culture but i can live with that. If Inno had not done something to correct the pop problem i would more than likely have been another player that quit like so many others have(or said they are going to). Just going to sit back and see what they come up with to screw us over next.

DeletedUser4449

I think the changes will make for better game play:) The change for the blueprint to Royal Spell will have all players going for 10th chest , not just those of us with magic buildings. And thanks for the FREE Magic Residence :) The change for KP will have players trying out the Wonders more :) I still don't like not having the choice to put the KP I earn to where I want to put them , but can deal with that change :) The gift of the Magic Rez is a cool thing to do :) I also should say thanks for the time boost on the Goods and supplies :) great idea . The one for the goods was really nice for me

Pauly7

Magus
So I've read that they are giving out a 'free' resoration spell when that gets released, plus a free magic house, to all players. If the latter is true when and how will they materialise?

Deleted User - 1634960

"Tuesday" means sometime during German office hours (9-5) on May 22. As I write, it is currently 7:51 AM in Germany, so we probably still have at least 2 hours to wait. For me, Tuesday only has about 8 hours left, but I am not going to quibble over time zones ;)

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
@Muf-Muf Will the magic residence be based on the chapter we are in now or the chapter we were in when we won the nerfed buildings ?
It will indeed be your current chapter (at the moment the script is being run).

So it is now Tuesday as MufMuf said, but I don't see any sign of my promised buildings, I suppose I may have to wait until 23:59 to get them.
We'll have to manually run the script, and we plan on doing so today (CEST). We'll keep you updated via the forum's announcements section. :)

DeletedUser5093

With all the claims of "this absolutely had to happen" and "there was no choice" or "it wouldn't have been possible to have any event building upgrades".... wouldn't it have been better to draw a line and say that all the event buildings before March 17 are non-upgradeable and all the ones after this point are upgradeable? Then you would be able to leave everything be and still release the same feature. People can then make choices about what to keep, but then you absolutely wouldn't have to make the inexcusable decision to ruin all these cities.
Yes, but that would have been sensible and logical and fair, and why do that when there's also the option to stuff up literally everything and force people to either pay through the nose to fix it or wear the consequences? /s
I can't help but notice there's a suspiciously timed sale on expansions, right when they've given us a new building meant to partially offset the issue.

Timneh

Artisan
I am not going to say anything bad about this action Inno are going to take because in all honesty i did not expect them to do anything and just leave us to sort out the mess they had put us all in and that would almost certainly have meant me quitting the game. If it doesn't happen or goes wrong i might say something though. :D