• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Rebalancing of select (old) event buildings

cwgiii

Shaman
Use space intelligently, as I do

Playing efficiently (or any way we please) is not the issue. Even if a city was built "perfectly", and their structures were slashed in "efficiencies" then this would still be an issue. The point is that Inno made a change, on the fly, with little notice, and seemingly little/no planning for the repercussions. So, the players had no way to plan or prepare for the change.

Timneh

Artisan
Elvenar has problems (namely, premium culture buildings far too expensive in the latter chapters, if you're reading Marindor), but this update isn't one of them.

That is your opinion. To a lot of players this change is a problem.

I've looked at your city in elvenarchitect, it is quite clear you have WAY too much space devoted to factories, workshops and roads. Delete some

Just out of interest what makes you think you have the right to tell a player how to play their game ? Everyone that plays this game has their own way of playing, no one way is right and no one way is wrong

kuku6

Adventurer
  • We want everyone to be able to upgrade all of their event buildings using the upcoming spell that we're developing for that at the moment.
  • Me love planing and management city, so I refused some good event building including set buildings to get some stronger culture-populiation buildings and solve space problem and yet me have negative populiations what means I need take vocation, because can,t build or upgrade something. My question how long spell developing will last?
  • To do so, we have to bring the oldest event buildings, which were significantly stronger than current buildings, to a similar level.
  • Why you decide what significantly stronger than current buildings, to a similar level? Can you prove that, make city plan in planer each chapter with all maximal level buildings and we can see how much free space left for event buildings?
  • Not rebalancing these buildings would have a worse effect, namely not being able to upgrade these buildings at all, and making it impossible to ever give them out in any event again.
  • Good question or we need events in future and waste time for events if you everyting kill after some time?

Killiak

Artisan
A « horrific » -1200 ? That's one woodelf residence, 12 squares. Elvenar has problems (namely, premium culture buildings far too expensive in the latter chapters, if you're reading Marindor), but this update isn't one of them. I've looked at your city in elvenarchitect, it is quite clear you have WAY too much space devoted to factories, workshops and roads. Delete some, end of thread. My condolences if you're playing for ranking, but what is the point of that anyway ?

The player you are responding to has lost 1900 population from this hastily implemented update, and he/she is on the lower end of the losses I have heard of. Maybe you think that's a minor amount, it does however represent a time and resource investment, when perhaps the player had carefully planned his/her way through the S&D chapter. It's a setback, a major one perhaps to a person's experience.

This update shows exactly what is wrong with Inno and their horrendous communication skills, costing a lot of people literally thousands in population, announcing such an impactful update a day and half before the hammer came down.
This will cost Inno players, and goodwill, dropping people's willingness to spend money. Coincidentally, income is what keeps a game like this afloat, so it's generally a bad idea to wreck your customer's cities / plans in such a way.

And mind you; this is not the first time Inno just changed things around with barely a warning. It stacks up.

DeletedUser5976

As usual Inno has gone quiet. I'm guessing they don't want to throw more fuel on the fire. People will tire of complaining, some will quit, most probably don't want to throw away a city they invested so much time into. So this will also pass and things will go back to normal until the next time.

Timneh

Artisan
Unfortunately LadyHavva is correct. Just like all the times in the past Inno will stick their heads in the sand and wait for all the shouting and screaming to go away and then carry on as they normally do telling us how much they appreciate our feedback while all the time they ignore it and develop another way of screwing players and telling us it is what we asked for, like this change and also the AW instants.

cwgiii

Shaman
and then carry on as they normally do telling us how much they appreciate our feedback while all the time they ignore it and develop another way of screwing players and telling us it is what we asked for, like this change and also the AW instants.

And the Bellspire / Lighthouse, and knowledge tree additions after the fact in the past. I am sure there are other instances.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I've seen a lot of posts i can identify with and so many slapped with this update ... I feel I need to at least say

this games been going long enough to be out of the childish stage of throwing out the baby with the bath water ... get smart and value your loyal customers more than the raft of new mobile users or you will find them both gone to the next bright game horizon

DeletedUser3543

As usual Inno has gone quiet. I'm guessing they don't want to throw more fuel on the fire. People will tire of complaining, some will quit, most probably don't want to throw away a city they invested so much time into. So this will also pass and things will go back to normal until the next time.

This. ^

They never really intended to communicate or discuss the changes here, the real and only reason they created this discussion thread was to provide a place for people to vent their displeasure, cool off and go back to their normal routine after finding a way to deal with everything. They are assuming we'll bicker a little bit to our chins and go back at it, and god damn, they are right. They are smarter than most people give them credit for.

Killiak

Artisan
This. ^

They never really intended to communicate or discuss the changes here, the real and only reason they created this discussion thread was to provide a place for people to vent their displeasure, cool off and go back to their normal routine after finding a way to deal with everything. They are assuming we'll bicker a little bit to our chins and go back at it, and god damn, they are right. They are smarter than most people give them credit for.

And yet there will be people who quit, this will be remembered and it WILL drop people's willingness to spend money.

They are shooting their own foot.

DeletedUser5976

Well, I am new enough to the game that I'm not yet ready to quit. But there is one thing I can do. As they are not listening to us, I will stop posting in the forums. I will read the announcements and release notes to know what's coming, but leave it at that.

andrew914

Seeker
wont be playing for event building will delete all event building when I rebuilt my populations, will paly the fellowship team events to support my fellows, wont be buying any diamonds to help me win an event building any event buildings awarded will be placed and deleted. inno wont regain my trust but I will paly on just to get to the end. I hope inno wont be sending out any of their customer service satisfaction forms..... my fellowship has shrunk by 4 I am also getting fewer visits and I am sure not all those not visiting are due to my comments from personal experience, and comments received I know of 8 people who have left.

DeletedUser4483

Regardless of the legality of Inno's actions with this update, it was a breach of trust.
Agreed! And trust nowadays is THE essential pillar for any companies that want to trade. TOTAL DISRESPECT
I like my fellowship, so I might continue playing (without spending one $$) a while, but honestly, I just lost interest in the game. I feel I should spend one hour per day destroying their name in every blogs on the web instead of loosing one hour playing their game. Shame!

Timneh

Artisan
The thing that annoys me the most about this change is that all us players that have lost culture and population are in this situation because of INNO.
THEY introduced the event prizes, THEY chose what values those prizes were going to have. Now they say that the values were too great and need to be nerfed dropping thousands(i presume) of players in the smelly stuff. It is not our fault that we are in this mess it is INNOs fault because of their ineptitude but they expect us to find the solution for their ballsup. If we get only one free spell(as some people are saying) it will be an insult, one spell is not going to replace the 3K+ pop and the 5K+ culture i have lost.

DeletedUser

its been announced here as well, however I note that it says PER ACCOUNT, so that would mean if anybody has more than one city per account then only one city will get the compensation!

andrew914

Seeker
solves most of the problem, does not resolve the trust issues...... but hey its a step, will watch for what I actually get and think on... but as I have already deleted stuff to make space for building houses to resolve the minus 3.7k from +300 population situation... could have done with an earlier apology and an earlier announcement of special one off buildings....

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Its a nice compensation package, but I have one query and one quibble.

The query is that the announcement says the phoenix cult is for those who REACHED map 3. @Muf-Muf - could you confirm whether it is reached or completed?

The quibble - what about those who won 1st prize, the glossy garden. This was nerfed during the FA, and although my chapter means I'm not affected, those in lower chapters are. I know the number of players effected is small, but in some ways these players deserve compensation more than anyone else - they worked very hard to achieve a difficult prize.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
The buildings would be granted per world. And, for the Fellowship Adventure, the information I have is "reached stage 3," not "completed." :)

andrew914

Seeker
I know which chapter I am in, not which map I reached.... ah well will wait to see but will carry on with current plan...