• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Rebalancing of select (old) event buildings

DeletedUser4483

TOTAL DISRESPECT! For my time organising my city, for the money I spent on the Candy Canes Trees and for my Fellowship that I cannot help anymore!

Give my money back! Or at least add the diamonds I spent back, since you are incapable to deliver what I paid for!

And be careful, because when you disrespect people, they tend to do the same in return. So, if you go out this weekend, avoid my streets.

Regards,

DeletedUser4503

It's had a disastrous effect on lots of the players in my FS - people are threatening to leave as it has decimated their City - people spend time & lots of money building up their Cities & you wipe them out with a stupid update - reverse it & give them back everything - this is just a ploy to get them to spend even more money replacing the things that have gone

andrew914

Seeker
Well if you spent money on a building and it got changed to something else then they are in breach of contract, if you haven't spent money on the game and cant play currently without having to do a major rebuild because of their actions, they are in breach of contract ie they gave you stuff you used it they then changed it so you cant use it as you had become accustomed to... its breach..... and finally I don't trust them anymore, what is the point of doing their competitions knowing that in an unknown period of time they will change your winnings to useless buildings...

Timneh

Artisan
I have to say here, at no point does the change cost anyone any money, ok a loss of pop or culture while negative, requires a readjustment of gameplay but for all the newer players affected, the next chapter will make everything insignificant and you will look back thinking how did I worry over that.

While this actual change has not cost anyone any money a lot of players will have spent money to get the buildings that have been nerfed from the events and therefore no longer have the item they paid for.

Even the biggest idiot in the world should have known this change was very bad. I wonder how many of the players that asked for event buildings to be upgradeable would still want it if they knew what the result would be.
Inno should have looked at what this change would entail and then made an announcement along the lines of....We have heard that players want event buildings to be upgradeable and we have looked into this and found that it will be necessary to change the values of all the buildings introduced before march 2017 and this will result in a large loss in culture and population. With this in mind do you still want to have upgradeable event buildings ?....
They could have added a poll to get an idea of players feelings about losing so much culture and population. Something along those lines anyway. It might have stopped this farce taking place.
IF i stay playing this game i think i will only try to win instants in events, at least they won't be able to change them once i have used them.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
IF i stay playing this game i think i will only try to win instants in events, at least they won't be able to change them once i have used them.

Smart as Time is money! So you actually gain money by winning those instead of spending money ;)

Too bad the next big event is still long away, i would have loved to be able to get some replacements in that event. Maybe time to put the account in the freezer for 2 months :)

DeletedUser5093

If you purchase a product, only for that product to be replaced with a different product of lesser value, it is called "bait and switch" and it is illegal according to the consumer laws of any jurisdiction you care to name. Furthermore, clauses placed in contracts such of the Terms of Service of a game that state that a company is allowed to do such a thing are also illegal, as they are trumped by consumer law, which renders that section of the contract void. In short, where this change has reduced stats of buildings that were either purchased directly with real money, or indirectly by spending money to gain an advantage in an event/contest/etc that lead to you obtaining the item, it is in violation of consumer law, which is unaffected by any dodgy clauses that may exist in Inno's ToS.

andrew914

Seeker
one thing for inno to note on all the event buildings it says increase your population permanently the population before update and after update therefore has to stay the as it was a permanent increase, to do any other is a breach of their and any other contract a permanent change cannot be changed at mere whim... permanent is permanent regardless of making any changes

DeletedUser219

No purchased buildings were changed, only those won in Events.
Anything purchased during Events is for an increased chance to gain the prizes you are seeking. If you were silly enough to spend money on the Event, you got what you paid for.
I lost over 4000 Population in the change, so now I am at only 8000 in excess. The Event buildings in my city go back to the earliest Events. I probably lost some Culture, too, but the sun is so bright I can't see that. My city still produces everything I can use, and then some.
Will I buy the upgrades? No
Will I work to win the upgrades in Tournaments? Probably not.
Will I replace the old Event buildings? Only if they are offered again. I like their look, so they can stay.

andrew914

Seeker
Anything purchased during Events is for an increased chance to gain the prizes you are seeking. If you were silly enough to spend money on the Event, you got what you paid for.
I lost over 4000 Population in the change, so now I am at only 8000 in excess. The Event buildings in my city go back to the earliest Events. I probably lost some Culture, too, but the sun is so bright I can't see that. My city still produces everything I can use, and then some.
Will I replace the old Event buildings? Only if they are offered again. I like their look, so they can stay.

the point is people have not kept what they paid for (i don't pay to win so...) they paid to help win a building by carrying out various stages more quickly or whatever... but... money was spent to get that building which makes a permanent change to your city be it population or culture or both, to change that permanent feature to a new permanent feature is wrong, it is no longer what you previously paid "for" to win. I think many people are unhappy with the change ot permanent features thus they aren't permanent and thus inno cant be trusted to play fair...

DeletedUser441

: we will give out a free Royal Restoration spell (as it stands, most likely via an ingame pop-up) once it is available in the game. Details on the when and how are still to be decided, though.

So I've lost about 8000 culture and 4472 population and I will be given ONE Royal Restoration spell as compensation. You've got to be kidding ! This seems to be simply another way of trying to get players to spend money on this game , in my opinion. Luckily I am in a Fellowship that regularly get 10 chests in the Tournaments , so I'll be able to upgrade all my event buildings (eventually) for free. I also ensured that my population didn't go negative by selling off a manufactory and upgrading my residences as I think a negative population makes a mockery of the game.

I will eventually have more population than before after upgrading all my event buildings , but it will take a very long time. I stopped spending money on this game when the cost of a Premium Expansion trebled to 6000 Diamonds , which is about £40.00 . This new change will , no doubt , stop a lot more players spending money on this game , if not make them quit. BAD MANAGEMENT INNO !

Timneh

Artisan

Your city has not been hurt by this change and that's great for you but it has hurt A LOT of other players cities and they quite rightly feel like they have been crapped on from a great height. If you bought a house from a building company and they later came along and took off the top floor and made it into a bungalow would you be happy about it ?after all "you got what you paid for" at the start.
Interesting that you said no purchased buildings were changed and then said that players got what they paid for. Make your mind up buddy.

Regardless of the legality of Inno's actions with this update, it was a breach of trust.

We know we can trust INNO in the future. Or at least we know we can trust them to screw us over again at some point.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
I have to say here, at no point does the change cost anyone any money, ok a loss of pop or culture while negative, requires a readjustment of gameplay but for all the newer players affected, the next chapter will make everything insignificant and you will look back thinking how did I worry over that.
It's not simply a matter of money but the wasting (on an industrial scale) of people's time and effort which could have been better spent elsewhere. It's a bit like building a wall and than having some idiot knock it all down. Sure, I can rebuild it again at minimal cost but my time is a precious commodity and personally, I don't appreciate a company that treats its community of users with total disrespect, wasting it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4499

We already lost one fellow who'd been in the Woodelf chapter due to the loss of population. :(

In order to get early rewards and more of the good ones, I have regularly spent money on the events with daily rewards. So yes, I feel cheated out of my money, because it's been wasted on buildings that lost value.

But the biggest joke is that the reply to another of my posting complaining about the lost value was that they needed to reduce the value to be able to give these buildings out in future events... If they give them out in future events, then there is no need to upgrade them- I can just wait for the next time round and replace the old ones with the new one on higher value.

The only ones more than happy are those who got the hybrid buildings from chapter 9 onward, because they gained population if they were amended for their chapter (only two exceptions with minor loss of population). In exchange the culture for these buildings gone down, but the pure culture buildings gained culture in exchange for these chapters if there were amendments.

DeletedUser4950

So many people upset by a pretty inocuous change. First of all, this is a game and if it grinds your gears that much, I suggest you go out of the house for a while. Second, I have lost some population too (on a German server, from Glossy gardens I earned during Easter 2017, I thought those weren't impacted but tbh they were overpowered), but a couple of residences and 20 squares should do the trick to get back on track. Almost every town has an excess of factories or Aws or armories. Use space intelligently, as I do (flying through guest race, here are my coverage stats from elvenstats : 17% housing (with 13K extra population), 4% workshops, 8% factories (but closer to 5% because several factories are just there for decoration), 19% culture (a lot if it just decorative too), 3% AW, 7% roads). Good luck.

DeletedUser6774

In the wake of what was innocently called a "rebalancing of old event buildings" (and there is a very long list of them, and not all of them are even that old), my population dropped from +700 to a horrific minus of 1200. I am at the start of Dragons&Sorcerers, and all my residences but one are fully upgraded and further upgrading in this new chapter comes fairly late, and then, residences change their orientation again, and space is as usual a massive headache.
I put time and money into events/quests, in order to get the event buildings, which give a decent permanent increase in population and have done so, since I started playing Elevenar in spring 2015 - it is a real help with achieving growth a little bit faster in the game.
Not everybody does it that way, but substantial amounts of players do, and I think, it is really outrageous, that such players have all been seriously disadvantaged by this game update, who have spent time and often/usually extra money to get the right population giving event building, by all of a sudden robbing them of serious amounts of population.
The Elvenar developers, who have come up with this, for however good their reasons might have been on a game operative level, have made unfortunately really easy with the money of many players that way - it does feel very wrong and not a credit to the game at all, never mind any respect you might (and should) have for the people supporting the game and helping it grow.
To read on this forum, that there was an outcry on Beta against this change and it was not heeded, makes this even worse.
I would strongly advocate, that you give people back their population they have lost.

DeletedUser4950

A « horrific » -1200 ? That's one woodelf residence, 12 squares. Elvenar has problems (namely, premium culture buildings far too expensive in the latter chapters, if you're reading Marindor), but this update isn't one of them. I've looked at your city in elvenarchitect, it is quite clear you have WAY too much space devoted to factories, workshops and roads. Delete some, end of thread. My condolences if you're playing for ranking, but what is the point of that anyway ?

DeletedUser6774

A « horrific » -1200 ? That's one woodelf residence, 12 squares. Elvenar has problems (namely, premium culture buildings far too expensive in the latter chapters, if you're reading Marindor), but this update isn't one of them. I've looked at your city in elvenarchitect, it is quite clear you have WAY too much space devoted to factories, workshops and roads. Delete some, end of thread. My condolences if you're playing for ranking, but what is the point of that anyway ?
Maybe you play differently from me, and for different reasons, but that is no reason or justification to slag off how I play, which I feel you are doing. If the game developers just cater to the way some players play a game that is set up in a way, that it can be played in different ways, then that does not seem right.