• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Rebalancing of select (old) event buildings

DeletedUser3112

i am absolutely devastated to have lost nearly three thousand in population without any warning had i know this was going to happen i would have used them, i cannot believe that as a long standing player i have been treated so shoddily. I know the game has to make money and over my time here i have bought diamonds occasionally. I am seriously considering leaving the game altogether and if the"spell" does not recompense my population loss then I will have to give up as I simply cannot afford to purchase sufficient diamonds to replace my lost population, and the game cannot be played without building upgrades.

DeletedUser2114

It was my understanding that some event buildings would lose some culture, some would gain, and some would stay as they were. I cannot for the life of me figure out how I lost 6000 culture in Arendyll and just over 3500 culture in Wyn. How is this balancing. I figure all of my event buildings must have lost culture. Is there any point in doing events anymore. Pity really. They ruined the battles, make tournments so imbalanced that no small factions have a chance, make a hash of the Adventures. Inno your ruining your game. Do you realise or even care. I've two players about to quit thanks to them, players who have spent money because it was a good game. Thanks Inno, really, thanks a bunch. :mad:

DeletedUser5976

It should be telling that many people are making forum accounts just to come here and tell Inno how upset they are and how much this update crippled their game. They're talking about leaving, about people in their fellowships wanting to leave. I am personally not affected, but if people in my fellowship leave, how much fun will the game be? How many more will leave because they have lost alliance mates and give up on the hope of ever recruiting enough alliance mates and getting active neighbours again to trade. This can't be a good step. Please change it back. Rethink it.

DeletedUser2114

It should be telling that many people are making forum accounts just to come here and tell Inno how upset they are and how much this update crippled their game. They're talking about leaving, about people in their fellowships wanting to leave. I am personally not affected, but if people in my fellowship leave, how much fun will the game be? How many more will leave because they have lost alliance mates and give up on the hope of ever recruiting enough alliance mates and getting active neighbours again to trade. This can't be a good step. Please change it back. Rethink it.
That's a very fair point. This will affect fellowships. It will affect trades. Everything. How many of our neighbours will quit, who knows. Many have already.

DeletedUser5370

I think I understand the rebalancing that inno are talking about. The old prizes used to be good and made the competitions generally worthwhile, the new prizes are rubbish and make the competitions a waste of time, therefore to balance things they have downgraded the old prizes to rubbish.
I wish I could travel back in time and change my f*ck ups

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Given the insane amount of time and effort (that could certainly be better spent) that goes into making sure your city has the necessary amount of culture and population I find it staggering that Inno thinks it's acceptable to make sweeping changes such as this and not expect people to be royally p*ssed off. It's the bell spire/crystal lighthouse situation all over again but on a much, much greater scale. One also wonders why they bother to have the beta servers if they totally ignore the feedback provided by players, many of whom are ultimately contributing towards their profit margin. Have only had the opportunity as yet to talk to a handful of other players about it but seriously considering calling it a day.

DeletedUser4499

They said they avoided giving out older event building, but they've actually heavily promoted them since the last Glacier event. Which means the necessity of re-balancing the event buildings because new players don't have the chance to get them is... But lets have a look at the actual re-balancing that is supposed to make it fairer for new player:

Hybrid buildings generally lost population and culture when received during chapter 1 to 8 with Gaelagil's Balcony being the only exception that gives additional culture and population.
Everyone who received these buildings while in later chapters generally won population or stayed unaffected with only two exceptions. But even then, the losses are significantly lower than in chapter 8 (Scream of Halloween- chapter 8 minus 1030 pop, chapter 9 minus 500 pop, chapter 10 minus 300 pop rest unaffected; Glacier Garden - chapter 8 minus 650 pop, chapter 9 to 11 minus 100 each).
The culture for hybrid buildings was reduced for chapters 1 to 8 and either stayed the same or was reduced for higher chapters.

The pure culture buildings have increased culture for chapters 1 to 3. Chapters 9 to 12 either stayed the same or got an increase as well. Chapters 6 and 7 generally lost culture, with the codex the only buildings that increased culture for everyone. Chapter 8 buildings have the same outcome with the signpost being the only difference as the value hasn't been changed for them. Chapters 4 and 5 have mixed results, 4 mostly getting additional culture with only few exceptions whereas chapter 5 is generally treated like chapter 6 and 7 but got a small surplus on 2 or 3 occasions when chapter 6 and 7 lost culture.

Conclusion: The big winner are not new players as promised, but those beyond chapter 8. If affected, then with a surplus on culture on the pure culture buildings and a surplus on population for hybrid buildings, although culture was reduced when pop was changed.

Everyone else who gained a hybrid building lost both, population and culture- in some cases a significantly high number of population, bringing the game play to a hold. A clear loss loss situation for the gaming community - and developers alike, because displeased players don't spend money but advise against joining the game.

DeletedUser6766

What a waste of time, money and effort put into getting the city to be balanced to have it all taken away. People have paid to win certain buildings because of their value. That value has now decreased so they should be getting refunds due to false advertising. People don't have what they paid for. So many in my fellowship and others are talking about quitting. We all feel conned.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
New flash point of the situation : as i said previously my account at Elemental with rewards gained at halflings mainly has gained 1170 pop, my Hazeltown, mother Dragon and Father Tree candy cane are unchanged, I'm still searching my old Spreadsheets of the previous events to see where my extra pop are coming from... Another account at Halflings with also recent rewards gained 1000 pop, no data for this one... buuuut my less advanced fellows (those who should have received compensations) finally reacted :
16:59 Tebunie : I'm in minus now QQ
17:02 Alcaro : :(
17:03 WinterLivia7 : I can't collect my goods... What's the...
17:14 WinterLivia7 : Now I see that my pop is close to zero too :(((
17:16 WinterLivia7 : It seems that the Father Tress are the ones who lost most of the pop and clut.
17:19 Nane89 : My pop just went from +100 to -316 ????? WTF ?
21:33 Brian2468 : I'm in minus 1075 pop.

PS : I just remember my pop from before, I didn't notice the culture...

Last edited:

DeletedUser4499

Looks like I'm not alone feeling cheated out of money. Who would have thought that the promised upgrades for older event buildings will come after their value has been heavily reduced. When they talked about upgrades, I thought they meant the unique buildings only, because all other buildings could be won again at higher value in the later chapters.

m4rt1n

Adept
To me it seems newer players who won buildings in the Glacier Giants onwards have been demolished.
Changes were announced to buildings first issued before March 2017, so if they were that out of sync, why continue to give them in later events as prizes.

I remember watching the old inno tv last year when Timon first mentioned rebalancing old event buildings to make way for new things to come, so why continue giving out these buildings in the 3 Glacier Giants onwards until tonight on the latest Fellowship adventure, the last buildings were actually given out after the change, but advertised as before the change. That is very poor considering the fact that over the years players have spent real hard earned money on the game. :(

DeletedUser702

One thing players have to realice that Inno owns this game and we the players
just have to put up with whatever they dish out! Players either play on or LEAVE!!
Just feel sorry for players spending money to advance this game, maybe they've
learned their lesson or have they???????????

DeletedUser6271

One thing players have to realice that Inno owns this game and we the players
just have to put up with whatever they dish out! Players either play on or LEAVE!!
Just feel sorry for players spending money to advance this game, maybe they've
learned their lesson or have they???????????

Absolutely!! - that is part of the gameplay - just like if we all knew that if we walk out our door today and we will get hit by a car - chances nobody would leave the house....... so we assume that will not happen and play on - if it does we deal with it then.....

however, IMO the rules do kinda change a bit when real money exchanges take place - I'm all for changes, updates and of course things that impact the gameplay both good and bad. Consideration does need to be taken into care regarding those that have let's say donated to the game that helps keeps it moving forward.

I'm no way saying that this particular topic has indeed impacted on those that have donated - just that it certainly needs to be considered when making changes (maybe it was) and even if these types of changes actually do not impact donators at a gameplay level, there is a very real chance that some of these changes can impact the way one feels in general.

m4rt1n

Adept
I have to say here, at no point does the change cost anyone any money, ok a loss of pop or culture while negative, requires a readjustment of gameplay but for all the newer players affected, the next chapter will make everything insignificant and you will look back thinking how did I worry over that.

I do understand though as everything is critical in the first few chapters, but once you get to the Mushrooms, the game makes or breaks you.

DeletedUser6271

yep - do agree with the above as well - there is a level of a standard procedure one needs to take - receive a change, decide how it makes you feel, have a place to voice out and get it out of ya system - then re-think the plan and game on!!! and become one with oneself again until the next change.

if everything was balanced and easy even I would do nothing but get stuck in my velcro lounge chair and eat Doritos and drink Pepsi max until I fade away to nothing but a little indentation on the cushion. :)

Sudders

Adventurer
I have to say here, at no point does the change cost anyone any money, ok a loss of pop or culture while negative, requires a readjustment of gameplay but for all the newer players affected, the next chapter will make everything insignificant and you will look back thinking how did I worry over that.

I don't think you understand the psychology of people, this will annoy us indefinitely as it has set us back after all the days and months time put in previously. Clearly you either weren't affected or work for Innogames.