• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Rebalancing of select (old) event buildings

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Check this for lunacy. The map 3 prize this FA, and the leaderboard prize buildings will be horribly nerfed for those in orcs and below only days after they have been won. Seriously, they were already the worst building prizes for any FA, there are 100s of buildings that could have been chosen for prizes, and they use ones that will be nerfed right away. Its like someone has made a conscious effort to annoy players

:rolleyes:o_O

DeletedUser3571

Is my understanding correct:
That we will only be gifted 1 of the royal restoration spell?
That the spell will only be available from the 10th chest in the tournament?
That the spell will only upgrade the event building by 1 chapter, and not to your current chapter?

LazyTony

Sorcerer
No one knows how many we will be given, or if we will be given any at all.

It will definitely be available from 10th chest. It MIGHT be available from other sources.

That the spell will only upgrade the event building by 1 chapter, and not to your current chapter?
1 spell, 1 upgrade in chapter is my understanding.

m4rt1n

Adept
@LazyTony it says here https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/rebalancing-of-select-old-event-buildings.7330/

To compensate for any lost population and culture with this update, we will be offering this spell for free to everyone once, as soon as it's added to the game with a later update. This will still take a bit of time, and won't come in time for us to give it at the same time as we perform the necessary rebalancing. However, we couldn't wait longer with rebalancing the buildings in preparation for these big changes to come.

DeletedUser5976

Unfortunately, to prepare for these changes, we needed to rebalance now already. If we could've waited longer and rebalance closer to the release of the upcoming Royal Restoration spell, or ideally even together with it, we would have.
I read your whole post, but I can't say that the reason you can't wait longer with the rebalancing until the spell is ready is still not clear to me. As you are still working on the spell it is unclear when it will be ready. So why not get it ready first then do the rebalance with one update and release the spell with the next update if they cannot be done with the same update. That way at least within a week there will be a solution. Instead people will now have to sit with negative population and wait and hope their problem will be solved soon.

DeletedUser6357

Please answer - how much time did you spend and how much money is it worth to calculate that +/- 10 (20) units culture of silver unicorn (for example) culture will rebalance the game?
I have no impression that someone has won 50-100-200 silver unicorns in his city and has rebalanced his city or the game.

DeletedUser3781

Check this for lunacy. The map 3 prize this FA, and the leaderboard prize buildings will be horribly nerfed for those in orcs and below only days after they have been won. Seriously, they were already the worst building prizes for any FA, there are 100s of buildings that could have been chosen for prizes, and they use ones that will be nerfed right away. Its like someone has made a conscious effort to annoy players
Lol I didn't realize that. This is beyond silly o_O
Think about the players who don't know about changes and are working hard to get those buildings :eek:
This is another proof various parts of Elvenar are made by separate groups that are not really coordinated... Either that or the experiment theory is real.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
"others nerfed (have their stats decreased slightly or significantly)"
And always the same excuse to "correct" things back : "Not rebalancing and allowing the buildings to be upgraded later was unfortunately not an option (yes it is for honest people !), as this would severely impact the game's balancing and would be unfair to players who joined the game later and can no longer obtain said buildings." Bullchips, completely subjective words !
Another decreasing of something we worked for that could have been avoided if Inno wasn't so miserly watching its virtual coins...
So bad, so sad, so uggly :(
Inno is always rewriting the past like in 1984 (george Orwell) like a dictatorship with no planing ahead skills trying to fool the people... ridiculous.
Inoo, it's time to understand that the past is writen on marble and you can't change gained things... try to make other ways to balance things by ADDING NEW things only, not by subtracting things, you aren't allowed to change the past !!!
We aren't in a distopia in most of the EEC and even if we had no chance to win, we fought against fascists in 1939 and we are still able to do it in Belgium and probably in other lands ! Are you searching for a war ? This is a casus belli !
You want to make old rewards upgradable, okay, but stop decreasing things we worked to gain !

Last edited:

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Thanks for your posts, once again.

No one knows how many we will be given, or if we will be given any at all.

It will definitely be available from 10th chest. It MIGHT be available from other sources.

1 spell, 1 upgrade in chapter is my understanding.
@LazyTony would be correct here. Regarding the first question: we will give out a free Royal Restoration spell (as it stands, most likely via an ingame pop-up) once it is available in the game. Details on the when and how are still to be decided, though. The Royal Restoration spell will work very similarly to what you already know from the Blueprints that are available ingame now, the major difference is that it will also work for the event buildings, and not only the Magic Residences and Magic Workshops.

Thank you. This concern has been recognized, was noted, and has been forwarded earlier this week by us as well. We're evaluating our options, and are in no position to make any promises here at this point, unfortunately.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Thanks Muf-Muf, the nerf doesn't effect me at all. I have won one of those prizes already, and (fingers crossed) my FS is set to win another this evening. But as I'm in elementals the stats won't change for me. The players badly effected are in orcs chapter or below.

DeletedUser

@LazyTony would be correct here. Regarding the first question: we will give out a free Royal Restoration spell (as it stands, most likely via an ingame pop-up) once it is available in the game. Details on the when and how are still to be decided, though. The Royal Restoration spell will work very similarly to what you already know from the Blueprints that are available ingame now, the major difference is that it will also work for the event buildings, and not only the Magic Residences and Magic Workshops.
Usually when offers are available they are only available for the first city on an account which is logged into once the offer becomes available, so will those of us with 2 or more cities on one account only receive the Royal Restoration spell on the first city opened or will it be received on all cities regardless of how many on an account?

DeletedUser3781

I think this Restoration spell will be given at the same time when the NH on desktop will work the same as in mobile app (ya know, the reason why the Bellspire/Lighthouse was nerfed).
Yes I was born optimist

DeletedUser

After the Lighthouse debacle I removed most of my ancient wonders and deleted my event buildings. I have added a few event buildings back in, but generally no longer work for them and tend to remove them quite often. Too often the developers have retroactively nerfed things in this game due to poor planning in their design. The expectation of the game is that you spend $'s for expansions and magic residences / workshops and giving away powerful event buildings cuts into that revenue stream by allowing you to combine culture / population in large amounts and use less city space. Same reason the diamond prices for purchased expansions went up in the past as they re-evaluated the value of these relative to their in game benefit.

I have a bad feeling that a lot of my fellowship is going to be caught by surprise by this. I really think a prep announcement for this big of change should be made in game directing people to the forum for details further ahead of this type of changes.

I don't see the whole upgrading of older event buildings via a spell is at all useful. This game is constantly running an event one after another and it is much more useful to replace your event buildings with your current chapter buildings from a recent event than to upgrade the ones from a previous year. Personally I try to save my diamond expenditures for things like the builder hut, magic academy, and expansions which have held value ( so far ).

The problem is that the entire game is essentially 'Beta' and subject to change with little or no notice. I think the developers have decided on creating a big bang up front to draw attention and now have realized they over did it and feel the need to cut back. Unfortunately, each time they do, more of my fellowship members and world map neighbors go inactive. The larger problem with this strategy is that they tend to get a reputation by word of mouth and likely lose players who hear about this type of unstable development and are steered away to other options.

Jixel

Spellcaster
Regarding the first question: we will give out a free Royal Restoration spell (as it stands, most likely via an ingame pop-up) once it is available in the game.

One. One measly Restoration spell to undo multiple levels of nerfs to multiple buildings in my city. Inno's generosity overwhelms me ...

Edit: Actually, it's now well past time to get some real, in-depth technical answers from the developers. What are they balancing ? What are they considering to be "over-powered" ? What are their priorities ? What the *&^&^%$ are they doing in there that so many high-priority changes have been ignored for 6 months or more ? It's time for them to stop hiding behind the CMs and actually tell us what the real reasons for these changes are, and not just vague "we needed to".

Last edited:

DeletedUser5093

Well, I just went from 8 population to -322. I don't have the space or upgrade ability to get that back without advancing a chapter or two. That's not a small loss. I'm a fairly new player, so the claim that this only affects old buildings from before I joined is just bizarre. I hope there will be a way to easily get the Restoration spell in game. If it's only available in the 10th chest or similar then that puts it out of reach for the vast majority of people who are significantly affected by this change.

Sudders

Adventurer
This is utter horsecrap. I have been playing for going on 2 years and now you put me in 2000 population in the red!!! I have spent ages trying to target population buildings and now you take a big chunk away. I was an advocate of this game but you clearly don't give a crap about regular players. A big chunk of my next chapter new population will now be wasted on nothing. Well done in ruining my enjoyment. Why didn't you just exclude these buildings from upgrade? Pathetic.

DeletedUser6357

In fact, the whole game has been rebalanced a long time since the first season of adventures.
I am already in the penultimate (so far) chapter, and my impression is the following:
Initially, the game was balanced, and well (with few exceptions). If you do not play in tournaments and adventures, you will be developing very well and lightly.
But only to build is boring and is like dozens of other games on the internet.
Someone in the (dear :p ) Inno games has come up with the idea of long seasonal adventures that bring variety to players in the boring urban simulator.
This is the first rebalancing of the game. All buildings of these adventures rebalance the game.
Then another, or the same, wise man invented weekly tournaments, because the game was still boring.
This is the second big rebalancing of the game.
The original balance of the game did not provide seasonal and weekly bonuses.
No rebalancing of old trophies will correct the balance of the game. Because the balance is violated in principle.
In order to balance the game, the parameters of all buildings - residences, workshops, etc must be written again.
And that no one will do. The game marketing is run on the principle "Let's earn some dollars without straining too much - there will always be fools to buy colorful things."

DeletedUser3542

However they introduce the Restoration spell i do hope they will not make it only available from the 10th chest.. This item needs to be an individual reward and not relied on reaching the last chest in a tournament as many people never get that far and would be totally unfair to them. Maybe they could be purchased with in game coins or goods donations to the event building they are wanting to upgrade.. i don't know, but i think the 10th chest idea is too much for most players. The thing is to upgrade a building of any type should be achievable by the player them-self without them having to rely on others in the FS helping you achieve the upgrades as the upgraded buildings will only affect the player they belong to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
im now at -7000 culture :D, population stayed about the same. Only solution for myself i can see, is to remove a part of my guest race production (elemental chapter now). Or i could wait till the upgrade possibility is actually there, but that could be in a month? a year? (or how long are we waiting on these BP upgrades allready by now?)

Not a smart move inno, if you would have added the upgrade possibility with the nerf, then you could have made some cash by people buying diamonds. Now by the time you can upgrade them, people will have found other solutions (free ones) or quitted....

Funky V

Novice
Well, what a surprise. This 'update' is a serious 'downgrade' for me. I went from + 330 population to - 988 ??? That means that i am stuck for now and i can't upgrade my building as i was planning... I don't like this update at all :/ Also my culture is cut in half. Why do you do this?