• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Rebalance T2 goods research costs in ch15-16

Turing

Bard
In game it feels like scrolls is now in short supply compared to crystal/silk. Partly this was to be expected when the library rebalanced - scrolls boosted players may not have built so many manu since they were hard to trade (my account with scrolls I focused just on T1, T3).

However there may be another reason. Just going from ch15 to ch16 on my account with scrolls boost, and the research cost in scrolls has been painful - even though it's my boosted goods. In chapters 15 and 16 the T2 goods costs of all the research is:
ch15: Scrolls = 2 400 000; crystal = 0; silk = 0
ch16: scrolls = 3 030 000; crystal = 2 090 000; silk = 2 100 000
(and this seems to be independent of boost. I got the totals from elvenarchitect, but it matches what I'm seeing in game)

So any player doing these 2 chapters will consume around 3.4 million scrolls more than the other T2 goods. I'm guessing this was done as a crude attempt to balance up the scrolls surplus from the library. Since the imbalance at source has been removed, and it feels like most players have burnt through their scrolls stockpile, this is now causing problems, not solving them. I still have buy trades for 1 million scrolls outstanding on that account, having had another million filled in the last few days. A few million goods per player is enough to have an impact!

Pauly7

Magus
I recently went into chapter 16 too. I've found the exact same drain on my scrolls, even though crystal is my boost.

Did they try to suck all players' scrolls in this chapter to compensate for libraries? If so it should probably be fixed now.

rock stream

Scholar
I have added my 3rd scrolls manufacture. Within our fellowship and within my trading range (ring 14) there is also a real lack of silk all of sudden.
Thank-you Turing for the heads up!!

Turing

Bard
Did they try to suck all players' scrolls in this chapter to compensate for libraries?

"Why" is only speculation, but it seems almost certain. I had a glance at the totals for other goods across chapters, and although individual techs require this or that, the chapter totals for goods (including sentient) is either identical across a tier, or the difference is tiny. Except for this surge of scrolls. Given that only scrolls gets hit, presumably it was an attempt to fix the previous glut - which no longer exists.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Given that only scrolls gets hit, presumably it was an attempt to fix the previous glut - which no longer exists.
Fortunately I kept my five scrolls manufactories. But I am still noticing a big hit on scrolls. Elvenar is a complex interaction of items, and a delicate balancing act at times. We should be careful what we wish for! :p