• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Reasons for playing Elvenar

DeletedUser622

I'd like to clarify the reasons I choose to play Elvenar so the developers are aware of this perspective. My reasons will definitely be different to other people's but I live in hope that the developers can cater to them. I also invite others to elaborate on why they play the game.

The main reason I liked playing Elvenar was the fact that I didn't have to worry about someone attacking my town when I wasn't online. There is nothing more frustrating than having put in all the effort for someone to just come along and steal it all from you. To avoid this, I would have to basically give up my real life to constantly monitor whatever game I was playing. I think we all know the consequences of that.

Alternatively, Elvenar is a game that I can still maintain a normal life outside while getting a sense of achievement whenever I logged in to play. Well that was what I thought the reason was. Recently, the Elvenar team have added numerous new features. Now, I realise that many players become bored with the game so the developers are always looking for ways to add new interest. Fellowship adventures and a constant succession of quests have certainly made the game more interesting to play. However, I now realise that the real reason I liked playing Elvenar was not the avoidance of being attacked, it was that it didn't take up too much of my time.

I have been a regular player since this game started and seen players come and go but now the game is becoming difficult to manage with my real life. Offering help to all my fellowship members once a day is manageable but participating in all these new features is demanding too much time. For those of us who are time poor it only causes rifts between fellowship members. I hope the developers can come up with a way that doesn't demand so much time to play the game. Perhaps an exponential reward system that benefits players starting out but doesn't impact too much on seasoned players. I don't have a solution but I hope this post provides further incite into the motivations of their players.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
The way I've found to get around this in Elvenar is to have a family of fellowships and part of that family is a holiday/resting fellowship that doesn't require events or helping to be done. That does mean its pretty quiet but there are always times a player needs that ... holidays, illness, shortage of time in real life. Sometimes its temporary and sometimes its long term.

Means the rest of our family of fellowships can get on with a actively growing in one (newbies and alts) and the more developed players .. going hard at events and tournaments in another. Comes down to numbers really and yeah .. its hard to recruit other than alts =.=

A game will always try to keep its players active and spending ... and this one limits players in a fellowship. So we have more than one fellowship. Means we need policies and comms in place in our Council to keep things running fair but the flexibility works so far imo.

Last edited:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Sounds like a good plan Geminatrix. That's the biggest difference between fellowships imo - those that tourney and FA hard, and those that don't. A mix of players in the same FS where some want to play hard and some want to chill is a recipe for disaster. Those that are trying hard resent those that aren't, and some of those that don't have time feel guilty about it.

Raistlin, you can play as much or as little as you like, my advice would be to find a FS that meets your current playing style - a relaxed one or an active one.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Here, in YouTOPIA, we have low pressure...
Our chat is sometimes empty for days (who cares ?),
we dropped the FA because the rewards weren't worthing the work (mainly mine managing the SS lol),
we like to be visited but no one was expelled for that,
we generally only get 6-7 chests in the tournaments (15/25 contributors),
but each fellow is playing his own way and that's our goal...

We have one free spot in Arendyll (a 2nd next Monday)...

Last edited:

DeletedUser441

I'd like to clarify the reasons I choose to play Elvenar so the developers are aware of this perspective. My reasons will definitely be different to other people's but I live in hope that the developers can cater to them. I also invite others to elaborate on why they play the game.

The main reason I liked playing Elvenar was the fact that I didn't have to worry about someone attacking my town when I wasn't online. There is nothing more frustrating than having put in all the effort for someone to just come along and steal it all from you. To avoid this, I would have to basically give up my real life to constantly monitor whatever game I was playing. I think we all know the consequences of that.

Alternatively, Elvenar is a game that I can still maintain a normal life outside while getting a sense of achievement whenever I logged in to play. Well that was what I thought the reason was. Recently, the Elvenar team have added numerous new features. Now, I realise that many players become bored with the game so the developers are always looking for ways to add new interest. Fellowship adventures and a constant succession of quests have certainly made the game more interesting to play. However, I now realise that the real reason I liked playing Elvenar was not the avoidance of being attacked, it was that it didn't take up too much of my time.

I have been a regular player since this game started and seen players come and go but now the game is becoming difficult to manage with my real life. Offering help to all my fellowship members once a day is manageable but participating in all these new features is demanding too much time. For those of us who are time poor it only causes rifts between fellowship members. I hope the developers can come up with a way that doesn't demand so much time to play the game. Perhaps an exponential reward system that benefits players starting out but doesn't impact too much on seasoned players. I don't have a solution but I hope this post provides further incite into the motivations of their players.

Your brother Caramon pointed out that you should not incite unrest by your insight into the motivation of others.

I agree that I enjoy not being attacked and plundered plus I get a sense of achievement playing this game. The time spent playing is up to the individual , but the Adventures and Events do require a lot of time and effort. Tournaments also take ages if played with manual fighting . Keeping up your efforts in all aspects to benefit your Fellowship adds the extra stress factor.