• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Reaching to missing players

MagicTasha

Spellcaster
I have a player in my fellowship which after playing for more than 3 years has disappeared for almost 3 weeks. Usually he lets us know when he is away for a time, but has never been this long.
Of course we do not have each others email address, RL is sacred. But in these times, we do not know when something has happened. We are 24 players worrying about him. Can Elvenar introduce some form of reaching system for the ArchMage to players email by using the messaging board of the FS? Without displaying the players real email address?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @MagicTasha Unfortunately, due to Data Protection we are unable to set up such a system. With regards to your FS Member, I understand your concern. These are trying times indeed. Please contact support with your concerns, and we will see if we can help.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

foolfighter

Alchemist
Over the few years I've been playing it has been quite common for some to just stop playing for whatever reason. We message a few times, search for replacements (often not quick or easy) and generally let them go after a couple of months. Some just get bored with the game, some have RL problems that take them away from it. It also seems to be the case that Elvenar attracts a lot of players from the Silver Surfer generation, and I have had a couple of players die on me. One we only found out about a few months later, but more recently a player with a terminal illness stayed communicating and playing with us to the end. We renamed our FS after him.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Over the few years I've been playing it has been quite common for some to just stop playing for whatever reason. We message a few times, search for replacements (often not quick or easy) and generally let them go after a couple of months. Some just get bored with the game, some have RL problems that take them away from it. It also seems to be the case that Elvenar attracts a lot of players from the Silver Surfer generation, and I have had a couple of players die on me. One we only found out about a few months later, but more recently a player with a terminal illness stayed communicating and playing with us to the end. We renamed our FS after him.

Beautiful indeed. While we cannot share information due to Data Protection, we can help you to attempt to reach this player. Please, contact our support!

erebus

Seeker
I think that there are a lot of people playing who have chronic health problems and (possibly) terminal illness.
I think it is possibly the beauty and pace of the game that makes it an attractive place to retreat to, without having to stress hard about forging ahead, unless you should choose too.