• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Ranking Points

DeletedUser8637

Ok, Noob here. Why, if I am increasing my population, upgrading buildings and completing research quite quickly, are my ranking points actually going down? This does not compute.

DeletedUser4149

my guess is that you are mixing up ranking points and ranking compared to the other players in your world.
your ranking compared to others is under your portrait and your ranking points can be seen easiest from the list of players in your fellowship or by clicking on your ranking number compared to others

Pauly7

Magus
Hmm, but if someone is a "noob" then the slightest building upgrades should be sending the ranking position up thousands of places.

It doesn't compute with me either. Are you deleting buildings in favour of newer ones that the research is unlocking? If so then you may not be realising that you are getting rid of a building that carries more ranking points than the ones you are building.

That's my only idea. Note that all buildings (except culture and event won buildings) give you a certain number of ranking points whilst they are in your city and more ranking points for each level gained.

DeletedUser4149

yeah, what pauly said makes sense too. you might have sold homes to make room for event prizes w/ population, like floats. the prize buildings have more people, usually, but don't give ranking points. i wouldn't worry if that's the case. you'd be losing points but improving your city for the long term at the expense of short term points. research and better production are more important for most cities than ranking points, which are often over-rated

DeletedUser8637

Thank you both. I get it better now. The number under my pic is reducing as I climb the ladder, which I should have realised. No, I wasn't deleting buildings, not advanced enough to do that lol. Just upgrading them whenever I can. Very kind of you both to take the trouble to advise me.