• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Battle Randomisation

DeletedUser152

Hi there!
I love the battle system in this game, but over time they get rather monotonous, because this always work out the same way. You start, move your troops and the enemy gets his turns and gets the first strike with archers or hounds. You would have to skip your round to be able to first strike, which is kind if redundant.

My suggestion(s):
- Have a coin flip decide whose troops start first
- Balance the initiative values, so you get to mix up the squads turns. This would also include, that faster troops get their turn not only faster, but more often. If I recall correctly, Heroes of Might and Magic as it similar to this.
- In a game called "Knights of Pen and Paper +1" they use the following system, similar to Dungeon and Dragons (as I was told): before battle, there's a (hidden, 20 sided) dice roll. Each squad gets the result of the dice roll added to their initiative. The troops then get their turn from highest to lowest, still one turn each.

Consequently, either of this would provide some variation and tension for the battles!

Thanks for reading!
Regards,
Floowey