• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Random Unannounced Beta Testing in the Live Worlds

m4rt1n

Adept
Hi guy's

Once again after the last instance a few years ago, Inno seems to have made the EN world a Beta test for some players but not all.

I request please that @anonglitch @Solanix @Herodite find out what is happening and obtain an explanation from the game team and ask why we were not informed and make a forum Announcement.

Some players see ad's for "prizes" in many different parts of the game, others see some but not others and some see none at all. The ad's vary in length from 6 seconds on PC to a minute or more on the app with occasions where the player gets booted from the game after watching the ad on app.

Many are worried about the future of the game being free to play including me so would really appreciate a response,

Thank you.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I request please that @anonglitch @Solanix @Herodite find out what is happening and obtain an explanation from the game team and ask why we were not informed and make a forum Announcement.

I can come up with a number of reasons why communication/announcements don't benefit the game overall and that's why they're not made:

- new features are already on Beta and there's already enough negative feedback that filters through to Live and everyone has access to it
- too many theories and judgments even before a feature is released that are unsubstantiated
- the more questions are answered, the more questions are asked, developers have more important work to do than answering questions, they aren't paid for it and communication is not their expertise
- announcements aren't appreciated enough to create a benefit and due to misinterpretation or misunderstanding can even cause damage to the game

Personally, I'm not worried about Inno doing something and/or keeping it that wouldn't benefit the game. They are not our enemies, they want Elvenar to do well as much as we do.

m4rt1n

Adept
I can come up with a number of reasons why communication/announcements don't benefit the game overall and that's why they're not made:

- new features are already on Beta and there's already enough negative feedback that filters through to Live and everyone has access to it
- too many theories and judgments even before a feature is released that are unsubstantiated
- the more questions are answered, the more questions are asked, developers have more important work to do than answering questions, they aren't paid for it and communication is not their expertise
- announcements aren't appreciated enough to create a benefit and due to misinterpretation or misunderstanding can even cause damage to the game

Personally, I'm not worried about Inno doing something and/or keeping it that wouldn't benefit the game. They are not our enemies, they want Elvenar to do well as much as we do.
Ok, valid points, @Silly Bubbles do you work for Inno Games? Just asking as the threads I am seeing, fellows in the game asking me worry me.

This forum is here to discuss the game and always (99% of the time) we are made aware of such big changes to the game, so I don't understand your animosity towards my polite request to the Inno staff for some enlightenment as to what is happening.

I don't want an online argument with you as I respect your input, just an explanation from the game team :)

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I don't want an online argument with you as I respect your input, just an explanation from the game team :)

Me neither. :);)

This forum is here to discuss the game and always (99% of the time) we are made aware of such big changes to the game, so I don't understand your animosity towards my polite request to the Inno staff for some enlightenment as to what is happening.

So far, I haven't seen any replies from Inno so I thought I'll share my view that might help others to understand. I'm sorry if it was taken as animosity, it was just sharing what I think that helps me to accept what Inno does. And yes, it isn't what a lot of people want to hear but life is much easier when we face the reality even if unpleasant. And of course, I can always be wrong. ;)

m4rt1n

Adept
Me neither. :);)

So far, I haven't seen any replies from Inno so I thought I'll share my view that might help others to understand. I'm sorry if it was taken as animosity, it was just sharing what I think that helps me to accept what Inno does. And yes, it isn't what a lot of people want to hear but life is much easier when we face the reality even if unpleasant. And of course, I can always be wrong. ;)

Thank you @Silly Bubbles I see you are trying to help, there is a big void when we get no staff replies for almost 3 days, maybe they are among the 75 let go in the restructuring of the company, just thinking out loud, apologies for misreading your reply, text shows no emotion. :)

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Right Guys, apologies for radio silence on this but all I can say is that we're aware that not all Players have been given this new feature and it is with the Technical Team. Above and beyond that I really have no other information :confused:

I understand that doesn't give you much but it's all I have at the moment. If I get any more information then I will let you all know :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hello My Fiends!!! Bit more info!

We can now confirm that the Ads you are seeing (and the Hobby Room) is a Test and this is the reason why some Players have received this and others haven't!

I've no information at this time as to the duration but once again, if I hear anymore, I will let you know :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Jake65

Sage

We can now confirm that the Ads you are seeing (and the Hobby Room) is a Test and this is the reason why some Players have received this and others haven't!

I've no information at this time as to the duration but once again, if I hear anymore, I will let you know :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.
Thanks for the update (can we get a thumbs up emoticon please :) )

OldHag

Necromancer

So it's here to stay, even if we don't all have it yet, it's coming.
It's a big boo hiss from me. I don't even like to watch ads on the TV, that's time to get up and go and make a cup of tea/coffee or log out and forget to log in again, if these ads become annoying, which from my experience, they will :)

Last edited:

Mr.Dave

Alchemist
I don't mind the new ads, they are optional and easy to ignore. But I'm seeing the rewards can be very helpful. My issue is that some get them and others (me) don't. That puts me and my fellowship at a big disadvantage in the FA, missing out on 80% boost for T1s.

I always feel like Inno has my account set to see how far they can push people before they get fed up and leave, and this new "some get benefits and others don't" is not helping. Plus the time we've wasted in chat trying to figure out what it is, how to access it, why some don't have it.

A simple announcement would have helped, like "We're testing new ways of giving bonus awards for showing optional ads. Due to limited testing, this is only being rolled out to a few players right now".

m4rt1n

Adept
I don't mind the new ads, they are optional and easy to ignore. But I'm seeing the rewards can be very helpful. My issue is that some get them and others (me) don't. That puts me and my fellowship at a big disadvantage in the FA, missing out on 80% boost for T1s.

I always feel like Inno has my account set to see how far they can push people before they get fed up and leave, and this new "some get benefits and others don't" is not helping. Plus the time we've wasted in chat trying to figure out what it is, how to access it, why some don't have it.

A simple announcement would have helped, like "We're testing new ways of giving bonus awards for showing optional ads. Due to limited testing, this is only being rolled out to a few players right now".

The 80% boost on T1 helps yes but is on base production I will give you my ch20 numbers and have 6 maxed steel with MM spells placed.
I still only get 1 bracelet per 3 hour production.

Regular production 1350
Relic Boost 9450 (Max boost)
AW boost 2268
Builder Bonus from the ads 1080
Expiring building bonus 405 (placed 6 steel-infused fungi)
Enchantment bonus 13826 (MM spell)

Total for 3 hours 28379

As you see the adverts add just over 3% in total not 80% ;)

As for your last paragraph that I highlighted I could not agree more with you @Mr.Dave Have been asking since the ad's were introduced and made 2 threads about the issue so far without any official response from Inno sadly. o_O

Last edited: