• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Random Expulsion of Fellowship Members

DeletedUser5540

Has anyone else had a problem with fellowship members being accidentally or randomly expelled from the fellowship? We have had this happen several times in the last month, and our archmage has now demoted everyone but she and I so that hopefully no one can do this by accident. But the fact that it has happened more than once makes me wonder if someone from outside the fellowship has found a way to make changes to another fellowship's members. Have we been hacked? Is this even possible? I would appreciate some thoughts from more experienced/knowledgeable players about how this might be happening. Thanks!

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I think it's more probably an accident from the app when visiting... you can have sometimes the expel button poping up with big fingers on a smartphone and because of the latency, you can click it by mistake while rushing...

DeletedUser5306

Yes most probably the case, I also know players who have spent diamonds incautiously like this thanks to the app's big "popping buttons"...unfortunately that can happen! (good to check that you have selected the "Show Diamond confirmation" button by the way on your advanced settings preferences - better safe than sorry...)

Lelanya

Mentor
You are certain they are being expelled, tho? As in, you received a notice that they left the FS? If the player just disappeared then they were removed by the system for inactivity.

Agree about the mobile app. I was in a high level fellowship that about tore itself apart b/c 'someone' kept inviting small players in to a minimum 100k req. It was a mobile glitch. Now I am going to have to test the chance of accidental expulsion. Back soon.
Allrighty that myth is DEBUNKED. No it is NOT possible to 'accidentally' expel someone while using the mobile app, I still got asked, Are you sure you want to expel player A?

Last edited:

DeletedUser4003

If after demotion expelling has stopped, someone obviously was trolling.
What you should have done is ... compare player booting times and who did N.help on team, while players got booted, maybe you would find any coincidence.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
FatOldElf, by booting time you mean kicking out time ? ... or is there a way to know when people are loading (booting) the game ?
If I understood you well, it's a good trick if the kicker is also doing the visits shortly before or after his misdeed... ;)
Lelanya, you are right, my explanation has some flaws...

Last edited:

DeletedUser4003

FatOldElf, by booting time you mean kicking out time ? ... or is there a way to know when people are loading (booting) the game ?
If I understood you well, it's a good trick if the kicker is also doing the visits shortly before or after his misdeed... ;)
Lelanya, you are right, my explanation has some flaws...
time kicked.

Lelanya

Mentor
Interesting proposition @FatOldElf. You think someone was kicking players so that rival FSs could snag them?
I think if we are calm and easy and above all Don't Panic! then all will be well. I say again, there is no such thing as accidentally kicking someone on any platform. If you brought up ANY window in this game that asks "ARE YOU SURE" then you need to say NO unless you are deleting last chapters' guest race tech.

DeletedUser5540

Thank you for the input, everyone. Lelanya, they were definitely expelled. We received notice that "Player A has left the fellowship" and we have been in contact with them and they did not leave voluntarily--they were kicked out. These were active, higher level players, so they wouldn't have been removed for inactivity. And we had a member join us a little while ago who had been expelled from her fellowship and had no idea why. I wonder if that was unintentional as well.

FatOldElf, good idea about checking for neighborly help. None of our mages did any visits at about that time. I contacted support when this first happened and asked them if they could tell me who expelled our member, but of course they couldn't tell me.

It really disturbs me to think that a member of our little family would do such a thing on purpose, but that's what it looks like. :( Unless an archmage can expel a member in another fellowship? I'm a mage, and I know I can't do that (I tried it to be sure). Hopefully demoting everybody will fix the problem. But if anybody hears of something weird like that happening again, it would be worth looking into.

Lelanya

Mentor
Thank you for the input, everyone. Lelanya, they were definitely expelled. We received notice that "Player A has left the fellowship" and we have been in contact with them and they did not leave voluntarily.

It really disturbs me to think that a member of our little family would do such a thing on purpose, but that's what it looks like. :( Unless an archmage can expel a member in another fellowship? I'm a mage, and I know I can't do that (I tried it to be sure). Hopefully demoting everybody will fix the problem. But if anybody hears of something weird like that happening again, it would be worth looking into.
No an archmage cannot expel folks from another FS. Sorry you are having such trouble, but yes, someone expelled them.
Sometimes I see a fellowship where 12 people are mages and a further 10 are ambassadors. Some AMs promote anyone whose score has reached a benchmark, like 50k, or 100k. I do not agree, tho. Mages should be members who assist with the overall maintenance of a FS. The acquisition or removal of a player should be the AM's decision, after a consult with the other leaders. Your decision to demote all is a wise one. Move forward in a positive manner and all should be well.

DeletedUser4149

i think there is a glitch in the system. i'm not surprised either. the more they adapt this game for phone users, the more issues and glitches the rest of us had to deal with. :mad:
a teammate of mine was mysteriously expelled from our fellowship and allowed to return less than 24 hours later.
i thought there was supposed to be a 24 hour waiting period. :confused:
something smells fishy around here. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser3097

i thought there was supposed to be a 24 hour waiting period.

You cannot join a fellowship within 24 hours of joining another fellowship, so if your teammate had been in your fellowship for longer than 24 hours, this would not apply.

Has anyone else had a problem with fellowship members being accidentally or randomly expelled from the fellowship?

People leave a Fellowship by clicking the leave option (either accidentally or intentionally), or by someone removing them (either accidentally or intentionally) or if they are auto-removed for inactivity. It is highly unlikely that there is any other cause. I think that restricting the number of people with kicking rights will help you determine what is happening. If you find this is still occurring,please open a Bugs Report so that this can be investigated.

Good luck with your Fellowship! :)

m4rt1n

Adept
I think it's more probably an accident from the app when visiting... you can have sometimes the expel button poping up with big fingers on a smartphone and because of the latency, you can click it by mistake while rushing...

I've almost expelled members by accident a few times on my slow old iphone 5 as I can hit the screen and nothing happens so hit it again and get a double press on the pop up without touching the screen again. I need to invest in a newer model. :D

Lelanya

Mentor
i think there is a glitch in the system. i'm not surprised either. the more they adapt this game for phone users, the more issues and glitches the rest of us had to deal with. :mad:
a teammate of mine was mysteriously expelled from our fellowship and allowed to return less than 24 hours later.
The 24 hour wait occurs under specific circumstances. You can always rejoin a FS you have left, except if you have gone to another one for a trade visit. That is when the 24 hour rule comes into play. This has been the rule for a couple of years at least. There is a modification made after the launch of Fellowship Adventures, to prevent cheaters from using push accounts to make badges, bring them in, and leave again. So during FA you can change FSs, but not participate in any Adventure that has already started.
Would love to hear from others who've encountered the mysterious, 'no fault' expelling.

DeletedUser3097

The 24 hour wait occurs under specific circumstances. You can always rejoin a FS you have left, except if you have gone to another one for a trade visit.

This is not entirely true- you can always rejoin a FS you have left, providing it is longer than 24 hours since you originally joined it.

If you leave a FS, then join a second one the 24H countdown will start upon joining the new one.

DeletedUser4149

thanks for the answer. must be more problems caused by phones then.

DeletedUser3097

thanks for the answer. must be more problems caused by phones then.
No, a player leaves a fellowship in one of three ways:

1. They click the 'LEAVE' button.
  2. Another player in their Fellowship clicks 'EXPEL MEMBER'.
  3. They are automatically removed from the game for inactivity.

DeletedUser5540

It happened again yesterday. Our newest player, who had only been a member for a few days, was kicked out, and neither the archmage nor I did it (we're the only ones who have the ability to expel someone now). And the player did not click "leave," either. She said she went to log in and had a message that said she was no longer part of the fellowship. So I will be submitting a bug report.

DeletedUser4149

I think it's more probably an accident from the app when visiting... you can have sometimes the expel button poping up with big fingers on a smartphone and because of the latency, you can click it by mistake while rushing..
Yes most probably the case
I've almost expelled members by accident a few times on my slow old iphone
i'm not the only one who thinks phones are causing this problem

Wowwie

Soothsayer
no waiting period if you are expelled you can join another fellowship right away
if you leave a fellowship you wait so many set hours