• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Quote of the Day

lee2131

Seeker
For Desire, who is male and female, fair and dark, old and young, anything and everything you have ever wished for, or coveted, or needed, is irresistible. And so what would be the point, after all? Love is not a game to Desire, as it is to so many mortals, or if it is, it is a game with a foregone conclusion: Desire always wins. And Desire hates more than anything to be bored. - Neil Gaiman, The Sandman: Book of Dreams

(These quotes are about food, because I'm hungry because I'm on a diet because I want a boyfriend ASAP. :cool:)
"Friendship is like a cake: easy to cut but hard to make."
"Life is so like an icecream - SO ENJOY IT BEFORE IT MELTS!!!!"

And here's one depressingly good one:
"Aspire to inspire before you expire."

Love, me. :D:D

Vetrinus

Enchanter
"The social havoc wreaked by unfettered economic greed comes to be interiorised as the personal weakness and irresponsibility of those principally affected." - David Smail, Power, Interest and Psychology: Elements of a Social Materialist Understanding of Distress

Vetrinus

Enchanter
"Be Fearful when others are Greedy and Greedy when others are Fearful" - Warren Buffett

Exceptionally relevant to how FOMO is exploited these days, isn't it?

Rilian

Senior Game Moderator
Elvenar Team
Whether you're rich or whether you're poor, it's nice to have money! - Unknown

Vetrinus

Enchanter
"Envy like fire always makes for the highest points." - Livy

"One problem with the focus on speculation is that it tends to promote the growth of the great intellectual cancer of our times: conspiracy theories." - Gary Weiss

...figured I'd catch up.

Last edited:

Rilian

Senior Game Moderator
Elvenar Team
“It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it” attributed (falsely) to Aristotle

Vetrinus

Enchanter
"We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world." - ΑΙϜΑΣΣ

Rilian

Senior Game Moderator
Elvenar Team
"Shoot 'em all, and let the Gods sort it out." --The leader of the Aiel

hawk the slayer

Alchemist
Great quotes up there lol, Here's one my dad used to say if I complained a girl wasn't interested in me.
He said " Aim at what you can hit "

Vetrinus

Enchanter
Great quotes up there lol, Here's one my dad used to say if I complained a girl wasn't interested in me.
He said " Aim at what you can hit "
Well, my counter-suggestion there would be to use a metaphorical machine gun and spray and pray then, because whoever you aim at, also aims at you. For instance, not long ago I was rejected on the basis that I was "fit and had abs, and I'm only into big soft bellies". And you'd be surprised by how many people out there do not actually conform to what we're led to believe they're very accepted "standards" of beauty. I myself fell multiple times for people who were considered average if not downright ugly by others - yet I looked at them starry-eyed.

Now to stay on topic,

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." - Marilyn Monroe

Vetrinus

Enchanter
"The multiplication of our kind borders on the obscene; the duty to love them, on the preposterous." - Emil Cioran