• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question about the trader...

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Hi,

I wonder if we see only the offers of our neighbours and from those who discovered us...

Because I can see for a while, offers from a player who can't have reached me because he has only 7,000pts, is really far from reaching orc chapter and he should have needed orcs to reach me because I need orcs from a long and I still need 2 rings to reach him... I'm at 15 rings from him... so he's too :p

So, that is a mystery to me... :confused:

Can someone say what are the rules that decide the offers we can see ?

I must add that I have a fee to take his trades that should mean he reached me but I didn't... I'm actually 69th and he is 13,607th...

Last edited:

Deleted User - 106219

Okay, first of all, if you have a fee to take his trades that means only that YOU have not found him. It does NOT mean that he has not found you.

Second, it has been said that you see offers from all members of your fellowship and the 200 players closest to you on the world map. If there are a lot of gold mines near your town you will get to see offers from players that are pretty far away.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
How could he have reached me with a city so tiny...he has 2 builders and his max building level is 9 so he must be in chapter 2... who can reach someone 15 circles far at chapter 2 ?

I already discovered 222 city and I'm close to the half of my 14th circle... he is in my 15th circle... I have no golden mine... only 4 of my fellows are in my neighbourship... so, even without counting my fellows, all the 200 guys closest to me are inside my 14th circle at max...

It still don't match...

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
The way i unserstand this to work is that we see the trades from all fellowship members and discovered neighbours without a trader fee and the nearest 200 neighbours outside your scouted area with a trader fee. If the player you are talking about is one of the 200 nearest people to you that you have not discovered yet you will see his trades but they will have a trader fee if you to take those trades.
Like i said that is how i understand the system works but i might be wrong.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
still not working this way, I only see 1 guy outside my neighbourship and lot others that are equally close have much bigger cities... It would mean only 1 guy on 200 out of my scouted area is using the trader... I have a doubt

NB : I said "circles" but it seems "rings" is more used on the forum...

And I don't know if this table exists somewhere but I made it to check my numbers of discovered depots and cities...
rings.png

I have 388 discovered provinces (or depots), 366 for completing ring 13 + 22 from ring 14
I have 223 neighbours, the 210 from ring 1 to 14 plus 13 from ring 15 because half ring 14 is scouted...

Last edited:

DeletedUser1829

Timon said on a recent Q&A that it is the closest 200 people. The trader fee only comes into play if you have discovered them or not. The fact that only 1 in your scouted area is trading would speak to the fact that Timon has raised many times and that is people need to post trades.

They want to encourage people to post more trades as they can see the stats on this. It is why certain updates have occurred and certain requests won't occur.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Huh... Mykan, I have pages of trades from my scouted area... The question is why I can see a trade with a fee OUT of my scouted area when this guy is technically unable to have reached me and when I already have MORE than 200 people IN my scouted area... ;)

Timneh

Artisan
You should never see a trader fee from someone inside your scouted area as trader fees only apply to undiscovered players, that is why i said that you see trades from all neighbours and fellows (without trader fee) then a further 200 players that are closest to you (with a trader fee). I don't know the reason why you can only see 1 trade with a fee. Maybe you can put in a ticket to support and see if they can answer your question.